What do you guys use/How Do You Store Your Digital Music files?

2»

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Jbarker said:

I thought ALAC isn't playable on an iPhone (my music source at work, Bluetoothed to a Bose)? ...or is it just not downloadable?
    Can't remember but I'm pretty sure I had trouble when I purchased an ALAC bootleg way back.

KV4053 said:

RS151862 said:

Do not convert your FLAC's to mp3's, convert them to ALAC. That is the apple equivalent, and will maintain the same lossless quality.

I second that emotion
    I third it. I never use mp3. ALAC if I can, 320k AAC otherwise.
    320k AAC ----> is that what ALACHD is?

That's for the help all.
    320k AAC is NOT ALAC nor is it ALAC HD

320k AAC is basically the Apple version of mp3

ALAC should be playable on an iPhone since ALAC is Apple's version of FLAC (I don't use Apple products so I can't confirm)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Smellyman said:

RS151862 said:

Do not convert your FLAC's to mp3's, convert them to ALAC. That is the apple equivalent, and will maintain the same lossless quality.

And save the headaches, avoid Apple
    +1. I personally don't lean towards devices that need their own format. Everything else in the world can use mp3 and flac, but apple needs to be different.. lol.
  • ALAC might not be playable on an iPhone or iPod because of the file sizes. There is an option in iTunes however to downconvert when syncing to an iThing. The files on your computer will remain ALAC but the files synced to your phone will be AAC format (or whatever format you choose to downconvert as).
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Zod said:

Smellyman said:

RS151862 said:

And save the headaches, avoid Apple
    +1. I personally don't lean towards devices that need their own format. Everything else in the world can use mp3 and flac, but apple needs to be different.. lol.
    Totally avoid anything that's Apple. I don't use any of their inferior iShit products.

Plus why convert your Flacs to Alacs? You would only do this if you are only using lossless audio on an Apple product. You don't have to worry about converting your Flacs to Alacs on a Windows operating system.

If you wanna convert your Flacs to MP3 for personal use on a mobile device, use dBpoweramp Music Converter & convert your .Wav files with V0 Mp3.