Options

Most $$ you've spent on a poster

Comments

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446

Paid $80 at the merch booth for an EV signed 2012 El Paso poster. Ugly piece by Kozik, but lucky to have a signed poster from my hometown show!

I picked up the two from Orlando signed by Ed that year and they charged $125 each, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2016
    DavidD said:

Paid $80 at the merch booth for an EV signed 2012 El Paso poster. Ugly piece by Kozik, but lucky to have a signed poster from my hometown show!

I picked up the two from Orlando signed by Ed that year and they charged $125 each, if I remember correctly.
    I got one of the signed Memphis posters.. they were $150 each. For the first 10 people in line.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    275 Tool band signed poster from Rivers Edge Festival in Minny.

Unframed and just sitting in my attaché.

I thought I got fleeced... holy cow... some lunatics have paid dearly for posters. Impressive!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MedozK said:

DavidD said:

I got one of the signed Memphis posters.. they were $100 each. For the first 10 people in line.
    Same deal, First 10 people in line.
    The 10 of us waited for 9-10h outside the bob Carr for these posters. We even had a pizza or two delivered when we got hungry lol.
    Meet some great people. Good times!

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    $1,000 when the ebeans average was $300. Sold later for a decent gain so not a bad purchase.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2016
    DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

I got one of the signed Memphis posters.. they were $100 each. For the first 10 people in line.
    The 10 of us waited for 9-10h outside the bob Carr for these posters. We even had a pizza or two delivered when we got hungry lol.

My wife and I waited in line...didn't wait that long, but did meet some nice people in line. Just did some quick research, they were actually $150 for the first 10 in line.
  • Options
    glennb2112glennb2112 memphis Posts: 247
    MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

My wife and I waited in line...didn't wait that long, but did meet some nice people in line. Just did some quick research, they were actually $150 for the first 10 in line.
    were they signed by the band or artist?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

Yeah I remember it being more then $100 for each. Money well spent if you ask me :)
    Just sent my night one (space shuttle) to get framed. I'll have to figure out how to post pictures.
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • Options
    edited November 2016

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

It was Eddies solo tour. 10 posters signed by ed, not numberd just signed. The money was donated to a charity. Don't remember which charity it was.
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

It was Eddies solo tour. 10 posters signed by ed, not numberd just signed. The money was donated to a charity. Don't remember witch charity it was.
    Be really cautious about those witch charities....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    edited November 2016
    pdalowsky said:

The more worrying question is how much a person has spent in total :/

Exactly.

I mean, with all due respect to someone who drops $2,000 on a '00 Chicago, there have been complete PJ poster collections bought for $50,000. Not to mention entire collections in general probably worth at least $50,000-$100,000.

What's truly remarkable is just how fortunate the collector community of this band has been thanks to the mainstream commercial rise of the Internet timing up just about perfectly with the band's career arc. Had it not been in place none of these acquisitions would have been possible.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

Yeah I remember it being more then $100 for each. Money well spent if you ask me :)

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

It was Eddies solo tour. 10 posters signed by ed, not numberd just signed. The money was donated to a charity. Don't remember witch charity it was.
    Be really cautious about those witch charities....
    Lol I noticed after I signed out. Mistake corrected
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

I did the same thing in Brisbane 2014...I got a poster by Todd Slater, signed by Eddie, the poster was AUD $200, beautiful nautilus poster and amazing to get a signed poster on the day we met Eddie.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

$1,000 when the ebeans average was $300. Sold later for a decent gain so not a bad purchase.

Curious may I ask which poster?
  • Options

Curious may I ask which poster?
    Rosemont/Chicago 2000. It would be nice to have back but at the end of the day it isn't a legit poster.
  • Options
    $540 for PJ Istanbul '96 back in 2008.
    Don't regret it. One of my favourites.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    I still don't understand how some posters are worth a lot and others are not. An artist signed Salt Lake City 2009 poster (on white paper) sold for $45 on Ebay recently. This poster is a top 10 poster post 2003 and it goes for $45. People want to debate whether the New Orleans 2016 (or insert any number of recent posters) poster is good or not, and we got one of the all-time greats selling for less than cost. Crazy.
  • Options
    Ames Wrigley Variant. was $950 if I recall.
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

The more worrying question is how much a person has spent in total :/

how much have you spent Paul? do you have a lot? :-)
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Does anyone want to be #1 on this list! I have some good ones I would sell to put you on this list!
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    sdavis said:

Does anyone want to be #1 on this list! I have some good ones I would sell to put you on this list!

What are the good ones you speak of?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I did a 300 dollar frame job on the Miami Sperry - that stung a bit. :)
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625

You should actually wrap the poster around the frame to protect it since the frame is more valuable.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    RS151862 said:

You should actually wrap the poster around the frame to protect it since the frame is more valuable.
    This was the AP
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    $800; Banksy, Donuts Pink.
    Best $800 I ever spent in my life.
  • Options
    riley540 said:

sdavis said:

What are the good ones you speak of?
    He has all the "missing link" posters to start...
  • Options
    DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

MedozK said:

DavidD said:

It was Eddies solo tour. 10 posters signed by ed, not numberd just signed. The money was donated to a charity. Don't remember which charity it was.
    I got the impression that the El Paso show was the first stop on the tour with signed posters, so I guess we lucked out with the $80 price tag. Nobody saw it coming either, so nobody was lined up for 'em. Pretty sure the funds went to Heal EB.
  • Options
    SmeeDogg1SmeeDogg1 Dublin Posts: 21
    900 dollars for the PJ20 billboard poster. No regrets at all. Looks great up on my wall
    Berlin, Germany 15th August 2009 Dublin, Ireland 22nd June 2010 Isle of Wight, UK 23rd June 2012 Berlin, Germany 4th July 2012 Berlin, Germany 5th July 2012 Stockholm, Sweden 7th July 2012 Copenhagen, Denmark 10th July 2012 Brooklyn, USA 19th October 2013 Milan, Italy 20th June 2014 Trieste, Italy 22nd June 2014 Leeds, UK 8th July 2014
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    225 PJ20 Ames framed
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 494
    i've never bought a poster unless i was at the show. i missing a few (hartford 2006, 2008, 2013) but i won't pay a ton for them. on the other hand i did pay $250/ticket to see TOTD in philly and earlier this year i saw PJ20 on color vinyl in a record store for $400. i'd never really seen it much under $1000 at the time so i said 'f it' and went for it. i collect a lot of vinyl and usually on the expensive side. but this was the most i've paid for a record by about $100. ha!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94