Options

pecan pie: yes/no?

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    pecan pie is bullshit! gimmie pumpkin pie because im a boring ass bastard
    BIGTIME pass.
    but I don't really have a sweet tooth, so there's that.
    also, if I did have a sweet tooth...I wouldn't eat it. Pecans are nasty. So there's that as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    love me some pecan pie but i'll be damned if i know how to make one; where's a sweet elderly lady when you need one?
    Even butter pecan ice cream, @mfc2006?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Even butter pecan ice cream, @mfc2006?

can't do it. nope.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    pecan pie kicks serious ass
    Bourbon Chocolate Pecan from our local Mom & Pop shop Peggy Jean's Pies. Best pie you'll ever eat
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    love me some pecan pie but i'll be damned if i know how to make one; where's a sweet elderly lady when you need one?

Bourbon Chocolate Pecan from our local Mom & Pop shop Peggy Jean's Pies. Best pie you'll ever eat

That sounds heavenly.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ick.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    i eat turkey jerky so leave me alone awhile
    not all day tho
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    just kidding, you're not a boring ass bastard with pumpkin pie grease on your face & sweater
    Pecan pie is too sweet.
    I make butternut squash pie, the bsquash grows better and is much sweeter than pumpkin. That allows for cutting refined sugar by more than half!
    Two pecan pies would use around 2 cups packed brown sugar, with homegrown butternut squash pies, I only need 1 cup raw sugar, not packed.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

If you don't like pecan pie, the terrorists win.

:lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    chadwick said:

I'm one of those old ladies that can make one. Also, if you want one and don't know how to proceed, you can always get something like this:

Here in the great state of Texas, we make all kinds of variations like chocolate pecan pie, raisin pecan pie, bourbon pecan pie (probably the most popular).

oh my god. i am speechless & i am not even kidding. do you accept cash, check, money order & or pearl jam related items for your pecan pies? some of us should form a pecan pie business... that's a poll to start right there
    I'm flattered but mine isn't the best by a long shot. I've never been good with pie crusts. You need to make them regularly to have the knack for crust and I'm really more of a cake baker.

Your question sent me tripping down memory lane though. When I was growing up, my grandmother made fruitcakes that she sold through the mail. Incredible undertaking in a tiny, tiny kitchen.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

wonder if they ship out those pies? what city is this? i'll be doing my research. thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    fruit cake... forget about it. texas has a place dad used to order fruit cake from. incredible fruit cake & not expensive but not cheap either. it is very good stuff. i cannot remember the name. again with the research. im already exhausted

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Give me some damn apple pie.
  • Options
    ya fuck it ..having gluten free toast..oh yum..and peanut btter with backberry jam..
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Loves it..
  • Options
    just kidding, you're not a boring ass bastard with pumpkin pie grease on your face & sweater

I love apple pie, but apples ain't native yo! They were brought to the Americas from Europe, so while I will eat it lovingly on turkeyday, it does not earn a place of honor on the menu!
    Pecans, blueberries, and sweet potatoes and squashes are sufficiently native for this particular holiday.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    chadwick said:

dang that sucks, dr. gambs. but you're a dr., heal yourself up after eating a couple slices tomorrow

Dr G is my wife, I'm just a hillbilly.
    She won't let me call her that in real life (even in front of patients lol) so I do it on here occasionally to get it out of my system.

I have always wanted to use that little pet name in the bedroom, but even I am not that dumb!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I love apple pie, but apples ain't native yo! They were brought to the Americas from Europe, so while I will eat it lovingly on turkeyday, it does not earn a place of honor on the menu!
    Pecans, blueberries, and sweet potatoes and squashes are sufficiently native for this particular holiday.
    Native or not, now I'm really wanting some apple caramel pie with vanilla ice...mmmmm. Although, I just found out my sister is bringing pumpkin crunch...I can roll with that! :hang_loose:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:

Pecan pie is too sweet.
    I make butternut squash pie, the bsquash grows better and is much sweeter than pumpkin. That allows for cutting refined sugar by more than half!
    Two pecan pies would use around 2 cups packed brown sugar, with homegrown butternut squash pies, I only need 1 cup raw sugar, not packed.

I love sugar. Eat very well most every day....today is a day to throw out rules and eat everything. (Except Green Bean Casserole)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    But I have a pan of it right here and waiting for you . . . :lol:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    chadwick said:

fruit cake... forget about it. texas has a place dad used to order fruit cake from. incredible fruit cake & not expensive but not cheap either. it is very good stuff. i cannot remember the name. again with the research. im already exhausted

Probably the famous Collin Street Bakery. Their cakes are very popular. I don't usually partake of fruitcakes but I have great memories of helping my grandmother make them. :heart:

Happy Thanksgiving, Sir Chad!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

rgambs said:

Native or not, now I'm really wanting some apple caramel pie with vanilla ice...mmmmm. Although, I just found out my sister is bringing pumpkin crunch...I can roll with that! :hang_loose:
    Caramel apple pie is what i make, the family loves it!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Pecan pie is delicious. Not quite as good as Canada's very own butter tarts, but damn good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i aint doin this dude's poll. this is dumb as fuck
    Too sweet
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    Not comfortable voting in a public poll
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,796
    i aint doin this dude's poll. this is dumb as fuck
    update.

fuck me thats some good pie. she even made homemade maple whipped cream with real maple syrup.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

rgambs said:

Caramel apple pie is what i make, the family loves it!!
    Ahhh yeahh! So so good! I've never made it before, sounds like you have a great recipe. Feel like sharing?
  • Options
    we need more elderly women in this thread, in all our lives & in this pecan pie riddled world. i had one tiny pecan pie recently, like yesterday or today, can't remember exactly, it was that fragile-tiny, as in crumbs-style. but it sure was tasty none the matter its size. i guess i was happily satisfied... maybe

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I like pecan pie.