Options

Here's to the State of Donald Trump

Seems like it's time for some new verses to Here's to the State of Mississippi, because I really feel like it's time for Donald Trump, his advisors, and all his followers who voted for him on his racist, bigoted, anti-equality beliefs to find themselves another country to be a part of.

Maybe some angry PJ will come through on the next album as a result of this disastrous election.
Mansfield 6/30/08
Boston 5/17/10
Baltimore 10/27/13
Central Park 9/26/15
Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
Fenway Park 8/5/16
Fenway Park 9/4/18
St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11

Comments

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited November 2016
    You know what?
    If I was an american, I would be much more angry towards my fellow US citizens, because in case you haven't realized YOU (not yourself, but you as a whole country) voted for that disgusting human being. I really don't want to be polemic, it's just that I was seeing all these protests in the USA on tv the last few days.. What are they for? Completely useless. He's there and will remain there for at least another 4 years.
    I was shocked that an individual like him could even ran for president, let alone actually WIN. I would personally ran away from a country capable to elect for president such a moron.. I would actually find myself another contry to be part of.
    At least, he's been elected by your country, and he can always be voted out in 4 years (assuming he doesn't cause the world to explode before that time period)
    Here in Italy people "elect themselves", how funny is that?
    ..I just want want to understand.. Trump he's ridicolously stupid beyond any imagination, and I can understand the frustration.. but, like I said, I would actually be more upset towards my own country.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452

You know what?
    If I was an american, I would be much more angry towards my fellow US citizens, because in case you haven't realized YOU (not yourself, but you as a whole country) voted for that disgusting human being. I really don't want to be polemic, it's just that I was seeing all these protests in the USA on tv the last few days.. What are they for? Completely useless. He's there and will remain there for at least another 4 years.
    I was shocked that an individual like him could even ran for president, let alone actually WIN. I would personally ran away from a country capable to elect for president such a moron.. I would actually find myself another contry to be part of.
    At least, he's been elected by your country, and he can always be voted out in 4 years (assuming he doesn't cause the world to explode before that time period)
    ..I just want want to understand.. Trump he's ridicolously stupid beyond any imagination, and I can understand the frustration.. but, like I said, I would actually be more upset towards my own country.

You don't bail on something as worthwhile as your country when the ride gets rough. You roll up your sleeves, get to work, and try to fix it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

You know what?

Just shows how much of a poor choice Hillary was.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    on2legs said:

You know what?

You don't bail on something as worthwhile as your country when the ride gets rough. You roll up your sleeves, get to work, and try to fix it.
    Exactly!! Well said on2legs!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Political threads.......YES!!!!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Plenty of this going on over here. http://community.pearljam.com/categories/a-moving-train
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Main point is: USA amazes me in some way.
    Apart from Pearl Jam (the USA thing I appreciate the most), the other thing is that really, everything seems to be possible in that country.. the best things and even the worse..
    I mean.. 'Bart to the Future'.. come on.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350

You know what?

For the record, more people voted for her than him.

Now move his shitshow to train and let's talk about some totd or pj25

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    AMT. Please. This does not belong here.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

AMT. Please. This does not belong here.

Will someone please listen to this wise woman and move it.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Cubs threads didn't belong here either
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Shut it down
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,909

You know what?

Protests are guaranteed under our 1st amendment of the constitution...it's one of our rights.
    Trump did win and he'll be our president in January. I didn't vote for the man but I am definitely not scared like so many others. let's see what he does before we all go crazy.
    I think your "threat" of moving to another country is complete b.s. just like many hollywood stars.
    You were shocked that he could even run for president: in the U.S. you have to be 35 years of age and a natural born citizen, that's all.
    I'm not thinking that Trump will make the world "explode" like you say. Let's not forget your own history as a former fascist dictator made a pact with another fascist dictator and did in fact make the world "explode" in the 1940's.

I appreciate your view on America, thanks for chiming in. As my bud said: "You don't bail on something as worthwhile as your country when the ride gets rough. You roll up your sleeves, get to work, and try to fix it."
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

You know what?

Protests are guaranteed under our 1st amendment of the constitution...it's one of our rights.
    Trump did win and he'll be our president in January. I didn't vote for the man but I am definitely not scared like so many others. let's see what he does before we all go crazy.
    I think your "threat" of moving to another country is complete b.s. just like many hollywood stars.
    You were shocked that he could even run for president: in the U.S. you have to be 35 years of age and a natural born citizen, that's all.
    I'm not thinking that Trump will make the world "explode" like you say. Let's not forget your own history as a former fascist dictator made a pact with another fascist dictator and did in fact make the world "explode" in the 1940's.

I appreciate your view on America, thanks for chiming in. As my bud said: "You don't bail on something as worthwhile as your country when the ride gets rough. You roll up your sleeves, get to work, and try to fix it."
    This.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Where were any of you to roll up your sleeves the last 8 years????

When you had a president chiming in on police shootings where he was shown to be a buffoon with his wrong opinion and jury that also showed him to be wrong

this countries division started with the POTUS and has now blown up with Trump in office...the past 8 years really pissed off alot of people and Trump (right or wrong) was a middle finger to both establishments
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

When you had a president chiming in on police shootings where he was shown to be a buffoon with his wrong opinion and jury that also showed him to be wrong

this countries division started with the POTUS and has now blown up with Trump in office...the past 8 years really pissed off alot of people and Trump (right or wrong) was a middle finger to both establishments

First, there is only 1 establishment. And second, trump is part of that establishment. He is a media savvy guy that tapped into the fear people had about their precious daughters and sons being raped and killed by the Mexicans or the Arabs.

How can a person have a wrong opinion? Obamas opinion of police shootings were wrong? So you didn't agree with the way he spoke out makes him wrong?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    The only thing I've been surprised by is people's reaction to PE Trump. The protests even though they have a right to do so and the leave the country nonsense. I say give him a chance to see what he can do to help the whoke country. Things couldn't be better for him, the economy is rather strong, unemployment is lower than in 2008 they will cintrol ALL three branches of government......and soon control of the Supreme Court. I dont think this guy could possibly screw this up we shall see.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

on2legs said:

You know what?

Exactly!! Well said on2legs!!!
    Where we differ is that I don't think this country is worthwhile.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    g under p said:

The only thing I've been surprised by is people's reaction to PE Trump. The protests even though they have a right to do so and the leave the country nonsense. I say give him a chance to see what he can do to help the whoke country. Things couldn't be better for him, the economy is rather strong, unemployment is lower than in 2008 they will cintrol ALL three branches of government......and soon control of the Supreme Court. I dont think this guy could possibly screw this up we shall see.

Peace

The point of the protests is that we don't want to legitimize his divisive hatred by "giving him a chance."
    If he coasts and things maintain it will be an endorsement of the ability of the alt-right. We have to keep reminding ourselves how fucked up it is that someone like him can be our POTUS.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

First, there is only 1 establishment. And second, trump is part of that establishment. He is a media savvy guy that tapped into the fear people had about their precious daughters and sons being raped and killed by the Mexicans or the Arabs.

How can a person have a wrong opinion? Obamas opinion of police shootings were wrong? So you didn't agree with the way he spoke out makes him wrong?

oh come on...did he ever speak out on a white man getting wrongfully shot by police?? did he ever defend the police when they were proven right buy a jury of said peers? Nope...he butted his nose in places it didn't belong and he was made to look like a damn fool in doing so

of course he can have an opinion but he didn't just stop at an opinion he was judge and jury before the actual process played out in numerous cases
  • Options
    g under p said:

Peace

if he does then he definitely has no one to blame but himself, his policies, and cabinet choices

you have a great point here
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

oh come on...did he ever speak out on a white man getting wrongfully shot by police?? did he ever defend the police when they were proven right buy a jury of said peers? Nope...he butted his nose in places it didn't belong and he was made to look like a damn fool in doing so

of course he can have an opinion but he didn't just stop at an opinion he was judge and jury before the actual process played out in numerous cases
    He looked like a damn fool...to racists!

There is clearly bias in policing, the stats are clear. The entire reason people like Obama get involved is to try to make the "process" play out in a fair way.
    Only a fool believes in self-regulation in any industry, policing is obviously included.
  • Options
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

So because he didn't speak out against a white man getting shot means his opinions are wrong? What you're saying is he isn't allowed to talk about a subject unless he talks about every specific example?
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

So because he didn't speak out against a white man getting shot means his opinions are wrong? What you're saying is he isn't allowed to talk about a subject unless he talks about every specific example?
    I'm not saying that at all....he spoke out before any facts even came out...on every single case...he can have an opinion no one said he couldn't
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

There is clearly bias in policing, the stats are clear. The entire reason people like Obama get involved is to try to make the "process" play out in a fair way.
    Only a fool believes in self-regulation in any industry, policing is obviously included.
    wow...so now im a racist

this goes along with be called a jihadist...this place is awesome :lol:
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

wow...so now im a racist

this goes along with be called a jihadist...this place is awesome :lol:
    Not what I said.
    The other person you are debating right now is a staunch defender of police use of force, he also does not think Obama made himself look like a fool.
    There is plenty of room between "cop hater" and "racist". I am sure you are somewhere between the two, just like the rest of us.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,659
    pjalive21 said:

Every time a trump voter speaks it failed logic. People were pissed off when Obama was president because minorities were getting closer to equal status, therefore you saw greater racial tension. Sorry Obama didn't affirm the bigoted whites world view. Now they have their racist authoritarian in power, so of course they want the left to shut up and bend over, just likethey're doing.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    on2legs said:

You know what?

Best come back I've seen on these boards, period.
    www.cluthelee.com