Options

Who's The Fear Mongerer Now?

I can say with all honesty, that all the Trump supporters I have spoke to are exhilarated from a campaign for the ages which defied the odds at every turn and turned in a stunning Tuesday night performance. Every one of these people is also excited to see if this president can produce some real change in the culture and economic outlook of this nation. There hasn't been a culture of hate, exclusion or vitriol in the least.

Contrary to this, the liberal talking heads and newspapers are pedalling fear, Trump style. Hide your kids, hide your wife, America is doomed. This is an absolute joke. The openmindedness and culture of free expression the many liberals exalt turns to bitter anger when actually confronted with an opinion different from their own. Want to know why the polls were wrong? Because a vast majority of people could not actually admit in public that they were going to vote for Trump because of the social lambasting that would ensue. Is racism dead? No. Is every Trump supporter a racist? No. Is almost every racist a a Trump supporter? Yes. Stop waffling on about the death of this country, start acting like mature adults. Unfortunately, any republican nominee would be anti lgbt and pro-life, and I hope to god this will change someday, but the stark reality is this. You can be pro-life and not be a mysoginist, you can raise issies of race and not be a bigot, you can be against gay marriage and still be a good human. Stop the name calling, proceed forth with rightful skepticism, stop calling America a society of racists and realize that for every one part the president plays in your life, you play 50.

Just remember, 24 hours ago, you were criticizing someone else for not being able to handle the near inevitable truth yet you've morphed into that person today.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    The majority of the people voted for Clinton and against a bully who was given the nod anyway by an outdated system that allowed a horde of angry reactionary people who support a perverted loose canon megalomaniac who now are patting themselves on the back think they created something special.

Your hyperbole is amusing. "Hide your kids, hide your wife, America is doomed" does not describe how I or most of my family and friends feel. But I'll ask my local Hispanic folks (U.S. citizens) who own and operate the best taqueria in this California county how they or their kids are feeling right now. I'll bet they are scared and for damn good reason.

Or like the kid who a family member of mine teaches- the kid is also Hispanic, also a U.S. citizen- who had some shithead little bullies today tell him at school, "You better go home [to Mexico? Sorry, California is home] and hurry because the immigration people are coming to get you." You think that kid has no reason to be afraid?

I could go on but you get the point.

And what about those of us who recognize the reality of global warming and now have a new president coming in who thinks its a hoax (contrary to 97% of published scientist who know what the fuck they are talking about)? We are very concerned and for damn good reason. Ignorance snubbing its nose at science. Yeah right. Classy.

Maybe not everyone who voted for Trump are the nasty things you mentioned but your Trump is. He is a lecherous, perverted, misogynistic, anti-intellectual, anti-environment, anti-science, rabble rousing megalomaniac. Good luck with that. And good luck with getting more than a few here to buy your line of bullshit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    edited November 2016
    lbpeltz said:

I can say with all honesty, that all the Trump supporters I have spoke to are exhilarated from a campaign for the ages which defied the odds at every turn and turned in a stunning Tuesday night performance. Every one of these people is also excited to see if this president can produce some real change in the culture and economic outlook of this nation. There hasn't been a culture of hate, exclusion or vitriol in the least.

Contrary to this, the liberal talking heads and newspapers are pedalling fear, Trump style. Hide your kids, hide your wife, America is doomed. This is an absolute joke. The openmindedness and culture of free expression the many liberals exalt turns to bitter anger when actually confronted with an opinion different from their own. Want to know why the polls were wrong? Because a vast majority of people could not actually admit in public that they were going to vote for Trump because of the social lambasting that would ensue. Is racism dead? No. Is every Trump supporter a racist? No. Is almost every racist a a Trump supporter? Yes. Stop waffling on about the death of this country, start acting like mature adults. Unfortunately, any republican nominee would be anti lgbt and pro-life, and I hope to god this will change someday, but the stark reality is this. You can be pro-life and not be a mysoginist, you can raise issies of race and not be a bigot, you can be against gay marriage and still be a good human. Stop the name calling, proceed forth with rightful skepticism, stop calling America a society of racists and realize that for every one part the president plays in your life, you play 50.

Just remember, 24 hours ago, you were criticizing someone else for not being able to handle the near inevitable truth yet you've morphed into that person today.

Bravo bro!!!!! The truest post I have read on here in quite sometime. Get ready to laugh even harder at all the sore LOSERS and cry Babies on here. I hope you stick around playing on the train. My favorite time to check out the train is When I am performing my mourning glory on the shitter, especially after a night of boozing and late night munchies at Taco Bell...
    Post edited by muskydan on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    lbpeltz said:

well, someone's been paying attention ! great post !

Godfather.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    lbpeltz said:

I'm guessing you are a straight white male
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    my2hands said:

lbpeltz said:

I'm guessing you are a straight white male
    Based on the content of the post, doubtful he/she will take your bait.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If you are afraid of a President it can only mean one thing.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554
    I've said it before....I'm not afraid of him.
    I'm afraid of his supporters and now as president I'm afraid of the people whispering in his ear telling him what to do.

You know, like from January, 2001 - January, 2009 when dick cheney, Karl rove, and Don rumsfeld were doing most of the whispering.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Then the President has too much power.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Correct, nobody had a problem with the empirical powers until now, why?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

Well their team isn't batting now.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

incorrect.... plenty of people did and still do.... but

some people realize the president has some real legitimate power that just comes with the job... like the power to appoint cabinet members and heads of things such as the EPA, which he wants to dismantle... the AG... the DEA... the FBI... the CIA... or maybe the power to appoint supreme court justices and federal circuit judges... you know, things that have real fucking impact, unlike the garbage in the podesta emails that amounted to zip

if the president didn't have any power why have an election...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    my2hands said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

incorrect.... plenty of people did and still do.... but

some people realize the president has some real legitimate power that just comes with the job... like the power to appoint cabinet members and heads of things such as the EPA, which he wants to dismantle... the AG... the DEA... the FBI... the CIA... or maybe the power to appoint supreme court justices and federal circuit judges... you know, things that have real fucking impact, unlike the garbage in the podesta emails that amounted to zip

if the president didn't have any power why have an election...
    Our current president didn't appoint his cabinet thou, if it was such a big deal why not protest that?

You went extreme, I didn't say powerless, I said too much empirical unchecked power.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

The majority of the people voted for Clinton and against a bully who was given the nod anyway by an outdated system that allowed a horde of angry reactionary people who support a perverted loose canon megalomaniac who now are patting themselves on the back think they created something special.

Your hyperbole is amusing. "Hide your kids, hide your wife, America is doomed" does not describe how I or most of my family and friends feel. But I'll ask my local Hispanic folks (U.S. citizens) who own and operate the best taqueria in this California county how they or their kids are feeling right now. I'll bet they are scared and for damn good reason.

Or like the kid who a family member of mine teaches- the kid is also Hispanic, also a U.S. citizen- who had some shithead little bullies today tell him at school, "You better go home [to Mexico? Sorry, California is home] and hurry because the immigration people are coming to get you." You think that kid has no reason to be afraid?

And what about those of us who recognize the reality of global warming and now have a new president coming in who thinks its a hoax (contrary to 97% of published scientist who know what the fuck they are talking about)? We are very concerned and for damn good reason. Ignorance snubbing its nose at science. Yeah right. Classy.

Maybe not everyone who voted for Trump are the nasty things you mentioned but your Trump is. He is a lecherous, perverted, misogynistic, anti-intellectual, anti-environment, anti-science, rabble rousing megalomaniac. Good luck with that. And good luck with getting more than a few here to buy your line of bullshit.

Four years ago, Donald Trump tweeted that he had a problem with the electoral college after Mitt Romney looked like he was going to win the popular vote. He was being entirely results oriented, now you're being just like him.

I'd like to respond to the rest of your post, but I've got to drag my straight, white and male ass out the door to drop my little girl off at school.
  • Options
    lbpeltz said:

brianlux said:

Four years ago, Donald Trump tweeted that he had a problem with the electoral college after Mitt Romney looked like he was going to win the popular vote. He was being entirely results oriented, now you're being just like him.

I'd like to respond to the rest of your post, but I've got to drag my straight, white and male ass out the door to drop my little girl off at school.
    How will you tell her the story of the big bad wolf!
  • Options
    I disagree with the takes that the people who voted for Trump are racist, misogynistic, or homophobic and painting those people as such is flat out wrong. I believe that the main reason that people voted for Trump is his anti-establishment approach to the current political situation where lobbies and pay-to-play politics permeate our nations capital and the political infrastructure. People wanted a different approach in place of the traditional politics/corruption that all of us complain about regardless of political party; people didn't vote for him because they agreed with his outrageous/racist/sexist remarks and to think they did is completely naïve. I also posit that the American people lose no matter who won this election as Hillary ain't no angel either.

It's a shame that a candidate like Bernie Sanders couldn't win the DNC as he was a great mix of caring about social issues, which are so important given the current state of the country, while also utilizing a grass-roots, can't-be-bought approach to his campaign and stance on the aforementioned issues.

Oh well. The liquor store will get a little extra business from me this week but that won't change the fact that I still love this country and all of the types of everyday people that make it so great. Stay positive, people!
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    edited November 2016
    Moved.
    Post edited by whoanelly15 on
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    come to find out the Deplorables are liberals and democrats...burning the flag and once again rioting...i think we need to fear you more than we need to fear anyone who voted Trump

these sore losers are no different than the people they accused of being deplorable
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    pjalive21 said:

come to find out the Deplorables are liberals and democrats...burning the flag and once again rioting...i think we need to fear you more than we need to fear anyone who voted Trump

these sore losers are no different than the people they accused of being deplorable

big time !
    they all O.D'd on the Clinton/Obama kool-aid and want their Obama bucks

Godfather.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,209
    pjalive21 said:

no offense but that is just an idiotic sentiment. so people protesting against a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter are as bad as...racists, sexists and sexual assaulters?

and to be fair I think the protesters are losers. we live in a democratic society and everyone has the right the vote. sometimes in a democracy a vote doesn't go your way. you have to live with those consequences if you live and support the democratic process. unfortunately and sadly people don't mind a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter (among so many other things) in the highest office.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246

pjalive21 said:

big time !

Godfather.

Let's be honest, there'd be riots and burning no matter who was elected. It was a polarizing election.

Claiming one side would take the high road had they been on the opposite side is bullshit.

Where's all the talk of jail Hillary now? He won, so let's get it on since it was such a slam dunk.

I really don't care what happens to her, but he damn well better follow through on that because it was half his platform.

Easy to judge someone when you can read all their emails and see their taxes for years. I'd love to see either one of those from President Don.

I honestly don't think his health will hold out from all the pressure he will be under now. Pence as POTUS by the end of 2018.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,209
    tbergs said:

pjalive21 said:

big time !

Godfather.

Let's be honest, there'd be riots and burning no matter who was elected. It was a polarizing election.

Claiming one side would take the high road had they been on the opposite side is bullshit.

Where's all the talk of jail Hillary now? He won, so let's get it on since it was such a slam dunk.

I really don't care what happens to her, but he damn well better follow through on that because it was half his platform.

Easy to judge someone when you can read all their emails and see their taxes for years. I'd love to see either one of those from President Don.

I honestly don't think his health will hold out from all the pressure he will be under now. Pence as POTUS by the end of 2018.
    i'm not sure he doesn't resign by 2018, once he realizes that this is a 24/7 job. i don't think he has any idea how all encompassing the Presidency will be.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I would say the guy who just removed his pledge to "ban all Muslims" from his website is the fear-monger.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

I would say the guy who just removed his pledge to "ban all Muslims" from his website is the fear-monger.

• Options
    CM189191 said:

Let's hope he renegs on most of his platform that got him elected and actually puts some informed policy out. He's no longer in control so there's some hope.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited November 2016
    So discussing all the things that Trump specifically declared he would do throughout his election is fear mongering??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

no offense but that is just an idiotic sentiment. so people protesting against a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter are as bad as...racists, sexists and sexual assaulters?

and to be fair I think the protesters are losers. we live in a democratic society and everyone has the right the vote. sometimes in a democracy a vote doesn't go your way. you have to live with those consequences if you live and support the democratic process. unfortunately and sadly people don't mind a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter (among so many other things) in the highest office.
    I obviously dont know what hardcore Trump followers would have done if he lost, but i have a feeling it would not have been at the levels we saw last night

its coming to the point where people will find any reason to cause chaos
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    tbergs said:

CM189191 said:

Let's hope he renegs on most of his platform that got him elected and actually puts some informed policy out. He's no longer in control so there's some hope.
    Saw an interview with Giuliani this morning. Already backtracking on the wall, deportations, dismantling ACA & prosecuting Hillary. Priority #1: reform the tax code. How do you think that will go?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

tbergs said:

CM189191 said:

Saw an interview with Giuliani this morning. Already backtracking on the wall, deportations, dismantling ACA & prosecuting Hillary. Priority #1: reform the tax code. How do you think that will go?
    That one's not going to be good for anyone except the rich.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

I obviously dont know what hardcore Trump followers would have done if he lost, but i have a feeling it would not have been at the levels we saw last night

its coming to the point where people will find any reason to cause chaos
    Where's all this chaos & rioting you're referencing?

Oakland's protest got out of hand from what I heard, but beyond that the protests in 25 cities were fairly peaceful. Yes, dozens of arrests were reported, but that hardly constitutes chaos.