Options

Who's The Fear Mongerer Now?

Comments

• Options

I'm still waiting for more examples of the supposed chaos that has Trump supporters fearful for their lives.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246

I'm still waiting for more examples of the supposed chaos that has Trump supporters fearful for their lives.

Well some, but not a lot, would tell you that there are still minorities in the country you know. That's scary.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Well some, but not a lot, would tell you that there are still minorities in the country you know. That's scary.

It's all good though, Trump's here to save us from the bad hombres.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    tbergs said:

ponytd said:

I was one of those 49% who didn't vote. But that's mainly because I moved and forgot to register and missed the deadline. That's my bad and I realize that. Which begs the question, it is 2016...how can we not register and vote online?! C'mon man!

There was enough talk of a rigged election with live in person voting. Can you imagine if it went to an online format? Maybe someday we can virtually vote, but it's one of those inherent standards I don't see changing.
    I agree, most citizens would only agree with a live person going through the hardship of standing in line to vote. Also, being registered and getting a absentee ballot which very easy to acquire then making a choice and dropping it in the mail. However, the online process has too many potential liabilities such as hacking (if Russia can hack us so easliy.....), possibility of multiple votes being etc etc. I myself am not comfortable with that process too easily manipulated.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    tbergs said:

Republicans were LITERALLY calling for acts of civil disobedience should Trump lose, now they're upset that the other side is protesting.

Makes sense.

He's Rocky Mountain stupid.
    Maybe Ted Nugent and him could start a blue musket balls tour together.
    The Eagle and James Gang one is one of the most down to earth rockers along side David Grohl and Sammy Hagar.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    That's true that there is the potential for hacking and had a good rebuttal for that. but then I thought more about it and well, you're right. Too risky at this state and time
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    rssesq said:
    aw, that's ok. this adult thing will happen for you one day.

I just know it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    CM189191 said:

Hillary wins: "Trump supporters will take to the streets and start a revolution!"
    Trump wins: "whoa whoa whoa, what's with all these protesters?"

First of all, I do not think there would be any protest from the right. More fear mongering from the left. I don't recall any issues (protests, violence) from the racist fringe when Obama won two terms.

The left screamed about peaceful transition to power but they must have been worried about themselves with all of the rioting.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

Hillary wins: "Trump supporters will take to the streets and start a revolution!"

First of all, I do not think there would be any protest from the right. More fear mongering from the left. I don't recall any issues (protests, violence) from the racist fringe when Obama won two terms.

The left screamed about peaceful transition to power but they must have been worried about themselves with all of the rioting.
    not more fear mongering. real interviews with real 3 dimensional people saying they were organizing it as they stood there.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

CM189191 said:

not more fear mongering. real interviews with real 3 dimensional people saying they were organizing it as they stood there.
    Well, the only thing we know for sure is that the left was rioting. If you hate something, don't you do it too.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

Well, the only thing we know for sure is that the left was rioting. If you hate something, don't you do it too.
    I didn't see any rioting. The footage I saw was all peaceful protests, but I have read some people talking about burning flags and looting and all that shit, which I don't agree with, no matter the cause.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

CM189191 said:

If we're calling what happened in Oakland a riot, fine.

Any other examples?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309

CM189191 said:

Haha I guess you forget how Trump spewed it's rigged it's rigged remember he was prepping you & his base in case he lost the election there would of been chaos from his base !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

CM189191 said:

Haha I guess you forget how Trump spewed it's rigged it's rigged remember he was prepping you & his base in case he lost the election there would of been chaos from his base !!
    I don't think anything would have happened.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

That's probably pretty accurate. Liberals protest and riot, conservatives seek silent vengeance that isn't as noticeable.

Protesting generally is done by those losing human rights or lacking them, so that eliminates Trump's majority of voters.
  • Options
    DOW hit all all time high. Just like Brexit, fear mongering that the market would crash.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015

CM189191 said:

Imagine the landslide it would have been if it wasn't rigged!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    haha college classes canceled because no participation trophies were handed out and the millennials didn't get their way..find your safe space....'Murica!!!!

must have been all that fear mongering!!!!!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/schools-offer-counseling-professors-postpone-exams-after-trump-win/article/2005314
  • Options
    rssesq said:
    Do you post anything without being an ass?
  • Options
    tbergs said:

CM189191 said:

That's probably pretty accurate. Liberals protest and riot, conservatives seek silent vengeance that isn't as noticeable.

Protesting generally is done by those losing human rights or lacking them, so that eliminates Trump's majority of voters.
    they were scared to death by the, yes, I'll use the phrase of the day, FEAR MONGERING by the right that HRC was going to steal their precious guns. that seems more important to a lot of americans than basic human rights, but I digress.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Eh. This is always the truth. 7 years ago the Dems were chastising the Reps b/c they were using a Filibuster to block stuff when Obama had the legislature. Now, they will be reversing roles. So, why should we be any different? It's the beauty of our system. Just like (unfortunately) Cher and Katy Perry aren't moving to Canada, we'll all be fine (and remember 8 years ago when Reps were saying the same about Obama). The Framers were geniuses. You'll have your chance in 2 years. And if you can't get your act together (as usually happens in the first mid-terms), you'll have a chance in 4 years. We survived Jimmy Carter.

And if it makes you feel any better - if you think stuff like Planned Parenthood is going to get defunded (not going to happen) - remember in 2 years there's not only the full House up for reelection but a third of the Senate. And with a 1 or 2 seat majority, if a few of those dozen or so Republican Senators have to go home in 2 years and try winning re-election after defunding Planned Parenthood, they're not going to be safe. So, remember - power is fleeting. Be kind to your neighbor.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    dangerously close to name-calling here...

why do we still have political parties? why do we still separate people into groups?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options

tbergs said:

CM189191 said:

they were scared to death by the, yes, I'll use the phrase of the day, FEAR MONGERING by the right that HRC was going to steal their precious guns. that seems more important to a lot of americans than basic human rights, but I digress.
    The "coming to take your guns" rhetoric that people still swallow hook, line & sinker.........

That was fear mongering at it's best.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

tbergs said:

CM189191 said:

The "coming to take your guns" rhetoric that people still swallow hook, line & sinker.........

That was fear mongering at it's best.
    On the bright side, it will be a good little while before you hear much of that specific kind of fear mongering. Am I right! High Five!!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited November 2016
    my buddy at Yale said the university is offering special grief counseling for the student body and the students are requesting extra time to prepare for exams in light of the election results and all the stress it is now causing them. roflmao
    In case you were not aware, it is almost impossible for any student at Yale to receive a grade below a B. The professor must have anything undr a B approved by his faculty supervisor and not before offering the student extra credit in order to justify bumping said grade.

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/11/10/students-denied-deans-excuses-in-wake-of-election/
    Post edited by rssesq on
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Eh. This is always the truth. 7 years ago the Dems were chastising the Reps b/c they were using a Filibuster to block stuff when Obama had the legislature. Now, they will be reversing roles. So, why should we be any different? It's the beauty of our system. Just like (unfortunately) Cher and Katy Perry aren't moving to Canada, we'll all be fine (and remember 8 years ago when Reps were saying the same about Obama). The Framers were geniuses. You'll have your chance in 2 years. And if you can't get your act together (as usually happens in the first mid-terms), you'll have a chance in 4 years. We survived Jimmy Carter.

And if it makes you feel any better - if you think stuff like Planned Parenthood is going to get defunded (not going to happen) - remember in 2 years there's not only the full House up for reelection but a third of the Senate. And with a 1 or 2 seat majority, if a few of those dozen or so Republican Senators have to go home in 2 years and try winning re-election after defunding Planned Parenthood, they're not going to be safe. So, remember - power is fleeting. Be kind to your neighbor.

We don't want Cher or Katy Perry, we've given you Beiber and Dion though ....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

We don't want Cher or Katy Perry, we've given you Beiber and Dion though ....
    I do think it is interesting how these celebs that were adamant about leaving the country if Trump won are backing and saying "Judy kidding, it was a joke". Al Sharpton and Amy Schumer among those that I wish would have followed through.
  • Options
    ^^^
    It completely backfired on those celebs.
    They used the election to stay in the headlines as long as Trump was in them w/ a secure notion that Hillary would win.
    Now they have a tough choice.
    Accept Trump or leave murica.
  • Options

^^^
    It completely backfired on those celebs.
    They used the election to stay in the headlines as long as Trump was in them w/ a secure notion that Hillary would win.
    Now they have a tough choice.
    Accept Trump or leave murica.

Seriously, there must be something keeping those deplorables here.