End the Electoral College

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

At any rate, you completely butchered whatever point you were trying to make.

Qualifying Gern-bern!! Congrats!
    My screen is now dna free!
    are you going to respond to the facts i posted above with the results by each county in CA? do facts even matter?
    See above... Was already determined I butchered the point. I've been penalized 1 hour posting privileges see you in 60.
    So how many of your 'facts' are known to be false by you, and just waiting to be proven as such? Just because Trump does that, doesn't make it any less sleazy of a debate tactic.

Appropriately, Oxford Dictionaries has named "post-truth" the Word of the Year: "Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief".
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    benjs said:

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

are you going to respond to the facts i posted above with the results by each county in CA? do facts even matter?
    See above... Was already determined I butchered the point. I've been penalized 1 hour posting privileges see you in 60.
    So how many of your 'facts' are known to be false by you, and just waiting to be proven as such? Just because Trump does that, doesn't make it any less sleazy of a debate tactic.

Appropriately, Oxford Dictionaries has named "post-truth" the Word of the Year: "Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief".
    It wasn't false, bad combo of phone-screen dna and possible gmo poisoning.
    Last night at the flyers game the only adult beverages that were offered in the suite were bud light and labatts. As for food it was popcorn pretzels and "chicken" fingers. I had a few gmo laced labatts along with a Franken finger. I took mega doses of turmeric, extra hot cayenne pills and pounded 32 ounces of water with 3 whole squeezed lemons. I'll limit the posting here until I'm fully detoxed.
    I could have searched the arena for non gmo dogfish head or brooklyn but did not want to leave the cosy confines.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    JC29856 said:

benjs said:

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

Last night at the flyers game the only adult beverages that were offered in the suite were bud light and labatts. As for food it was popcorn pretzels and "chicken" fingers. I had a few gmo laced labatts along with a Franken finger. I took mega doses of turmeric, extra hot cayenne pills and pounded 32 ounces of water with 3 whole squeezed lemons. I'll limit the posting here until I'm fully detoxed.
    I could have searched the arena for non gmo dogfish head or brooklyn but did not want to leave the cosy confines.
    haha. this made me laugh. :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JC29856 said:

benjs said:

JC29856 said:

pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

haha. this made me laugh. :rofl:
    I'm going with "Stone" Artois tonight! If he drinks it then I drink it!
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/22/electoral-college-revolt-dem-electors-seek-reject-trump-dismantle-system

Electoral College Revolt? Dem Electors Seek to Reject Trump, Dismantle System
    TLDR summary:

"While it is looking like the electoral college may not be able to save us from Trump, the coming disruption might be enough to provoke a real conversation which may lead to important reforms that could keep the popular vote from being ignored once again."

• Options
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If I read it correctly Clinton only won 57 out of over 3000 counties.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Bbbbbbbut, she won popular vote by 2.5 millions!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    She lost 85% of the counties in this country but won the so-called "popular vote" by more than 2.5 million. The Electoral College didn't malfunction in 2016. The Clinton campaign did.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

if it were reversed, Trump supporters would be crying a thousand times louder. Trump would be the loudest. He would have busted Twitter by now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

if it were reversed, Trump supporters would be crying a thousand times louder. Trump would be the loudest. He would have busted Twitter by now.
    Absolutely.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

So you are essentially saying that Hillary supporters are acting like trump supporters?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

So you are essentially saying that Hillary supporters are acting like trump supporters?
    Not all but many are. However she herself thus far, at least publicly, has not acted like Trump. Therein lies the difference. He would be publicly and dramatically melting down.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

Not all but many are. However she herself thus far, at least publicly, has not acted like Trump. Therein lies the difference. He would be publicly and dramatically melting down.
    Probably so, although it's kind of a mute point. "What difference does it make at this point"-HRC. At least she is being consistent.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited December 2016

I think Trump definitely. I don't think most of his supporters would though. I think they'd be annoyed with him, just like they were annoyed that he wouldn't promise to accept the results before the election or support the GOP if he lost.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

no, I think losers are acting like losers instead of like adults. But I think that Trump supporters would be making a bigger stink because of all his "rigged" nonsense leading up to the election. Not because of who they are or who people perceive them to be, only because of the whole rigged thing and who Trump is.

I have no issue with people protesting, that is their right. But people complaining about popular vs electoral after the fact is weak. I teach my daughters that you don't bitch about the rules of the game only if you lost. I can't imagine ONE Clinton supporter would be saying "trump is the real president" if it were reversed.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

no, I think losers are acting like losers instead of like adults. But I think that Trump supporters would be making a bigger stink because of all his "rigged" nonsense leading up to the election. Not because of who they are or who people perceive them to be, only because of the whole rigged thing and who Trump is.

I have no issue with people protesting, that is their right. But people complaining about popular vs electoral after the fact is weak. I teach my daughters that you don't bitch about the rules of the game only if you lost. I can't imagine ONE Clinton supporter would be saying "trump is the real president" if it were reversed.
    I think you're pretty much spot on. Always glad to hear that people are teaching their children positive morals and ethics!