Options

45th President of the United States of America

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

Isreal can go fuck itself

now we're talking. The Don should start there....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    pjhawks said:

the only bigger individual loser in this election than Hillary is Nate Silver. goodbye nate your 15 minutes is over.

Disagree....Nate still gave Trump a 30% chance to win when other models gave him almost no chance. He got a lot of flack for even reflecting 30%.

In a sense he was right. Polls were wrong obviously. His model is based on polling.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Congrats to Trump & his supporters I voted for HC not ashamed of it if I had to do it all over again I'd vote for her again ! This nation is totally divided

its been divided since Obama got elected, I believe the biggest voter turnout in history was because of the mess Obama put us in or at least failed to react to and when he did more often than not it was not good.

Godfather.

We're divided because the GOP needed to fire you up to get you to vote. Obama's approval rating is higher than Reagan's was at this time during his final year.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

pjhawks said:

the only bigger individual loser in this election than Hillary is Nate Silver. goodbye nate your 15 minutes is over.

Disagree....Nate still gave Trump a 30% chance to win when other models gave him almost no chance. He got a lot of flack for even reflecting 30%.

In a sense he was right. Polls were wrong obviously. His model is based on polling.
    I follow his projections.

Throughout the process, he was very careful to stress how 'volatile' and unique this particular election was. As of last week he said Trump was within the margin of error.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I think the polls were off because some people were ashamed to admit who they were actual voting for.

He took swing states and then some. This was best case scenario for trump.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

pjhawks said:

I follow his projections.

Throughout the process, he was very careful to stress how 'volatile' and unique this particular election was. As of last week he said Trump was within the margin of error.
    Yeah he was really on it.

Last night around 10pm or so he tweeted something to the effect that it was ridiculous for other models (Princeton Election Consortium for one) to show a 98% likelihood for Clinton to win.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:

I think the polls were off because some people were ashamed to admit who they were actual voting for.

He took swing states and then some. This was best case scenario for trump.

I don't know if they were ashamed or purposely giving the finger to pollsters. I think people are seriously annoyed with the media spinning the polls to meet their rhetoric and acting like they are a good source of public opinion. I'd like to see a few studies regarding demographics most likely to answer to polling. Maybe it's a good sign that people believe way too much of what they see on TV and other chosen media platforms that fit their fancy.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Congrats to Trump & his supporters I voted for HC not ashamed of it if I had to do it all over again I'd vote for her again ! This nation is totally divided

its been divided since Obama got elected, I believe the biggest voter turnout in history was because of the mess Obama put us in or at least failed to react to and when he did more often than not it was not good.

Godfather.

Congratulations to President elect Trump. I said to you and others this election was the republican's turn to power and that has come through. As for your words that the division of this country started under Obama (odd that you called him by his actual name for once) is garbage. Put aside your hatred of Obama for a bit.....it started under GWBUSH and continued through our current president. GF ask yourself this question is this country in a better position than it was in 2008?

Id love to hear what you have to say.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

pjhawks said:

Silver was absolutely right and he took a lot of heat from Huffpo and others. The two big numbers he discussed was 1) commonality of 3 point polling errors and 2) the level of undecided (13%!) late in the game meant wide range for movement. Undecideds usually break for a challenger late in the game and in this election Hillary was essentially the encumbant. It was always a "change" election and the only question is whether those who wanted change would be willing to dive in with Trump. It is not more complicated then that.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    BS44325 said:

pjhawks said:

Silver was absolutely right and he took a lot of heat from Huffpo and others. The two big numbers he discussed was 1) commonality of 3 point polling errors and 2) the level of undecided (13%!) late in the game meant wide range for movement. Undecideds usually break for a challenger late in the game and in this election Hillary was essentially the encumbant. It was always a "change" election and the only question is whether those who wanted change would be willing to dive in with Trump. It is not more complicated then that.
    Go back to his blog last night he had Hilliary winning up until midnight est.
  • Options
    The bad news for Trump is that moving into the White House will be a downgrade in luxury for him.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Ladies and Gentlemen, Donald J Trump ! (Make America great again)

Godfather.

I give you credit...you were one of a few on here (maybe the only one?) saying that he was going to win.

Let's hope he doesn't fuck it up.
    and if he does fuck it up I'll be on the anti Trump train in 4 years but I'm hoping for the best.

Godfather.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

pjhawks said:

yep...crazy election, glad it's fucking over

• Options
    g under p said:

Godfather.

Congratulations to President elect Trump. I said to you and others this election was the republican's turn to power and that has come through. As for your words that the division of this country started under Obama (odd that you called him by his actual name for once) is garbage. Put aside your hatred of Obama for a bit.....it started under GWBUSH and continued through our current president. GF ask yourself this question is this country in a better position than it was in 2008?

Peace
    to be fair I said since Obama got elected, that does not mean division has not been around at other times in history
    and your question, in my opinion it has gotten worse and to avoid argument I will just leave it right here, asking if it's hot California or hotter in Florida depends on who you talk to right ?

Godfather.

• Options
    I guess Colbert had a bummer of a night on Showtime
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    A lot of people longed for someone who would revolutionize things and not be a traditional D or R. Not a typical politician, etc. Not the next person up to follow the establishment. well here he is. Probably not what people pictured but that change is here. Hope for the best and see what happens.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I guess Colbert had a bummer of a night on Showtime

It's all fun and games for radlibs until...
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/07/media/john-oliver-donald-trump-election/index.html

They are all cut from the same cloth right down to stewart.
    Laugh at your enemy but be quiet when the enemy is at your door.
    One, two Trumps coming for you.
    :skull:
    It really is incredible how hateful liberals are.
    Not you personally in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    edited November 2016
    deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

A lot of people longed for someone who would revolutionize things and not be a traditional D or R. Not a typical politician, etc. Not the next person up to follow the establishment. well here he is. Probably not what people pictured but that change is here. Hope for the best and see what happens.

They believed this guy was somehow anti establishment. They were conned. Giuliani, Newt, Christie, Cruz, and Paul Ryan are the guys that will be shaping policy the next few years. The only "change" is that one side has all the power now.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited November 2016
    What happens now? Gotta love all this uncertainty.

Is Pence the power? Are we basically just getting Paul Ryan policy?

Are we going to start deporting people en masse?

Are we going to rip up trade deals?

Is he going to be the bombastic campaigner or the guy from last night?

Are we going to start torture back up?

Is Hillary getting prosecuted?

Are muslims going to be barred?

What happens with Medicare? Social Security?

Does the climate agreement get ripped up?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    deleted

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options

They believed this guy was somehow anti establishment. They were conned. Giuliani, Newt, Christie, Cruz, and Paul Ryan are the guys that will be shaping policy the next few years. The only "change" is that one side has all the power now.
    America gave him the power solidly.
  • Options
    BUILD THAT WALL

BUILD THAT WALL

BUILD THAT WALL

WOOT WOOT WOOT

WALK WITH ME!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,649
    Friday13 said:

BUILD THAT WALL

BUILD THAT WALL

BUILD THAT WALL

WOOT WOOT WOOT

WALK WITH ME!

Canada already started putting it up this morning.
  • Options
    THE CANADIANS DIDN"T VOTE
  • Options

Friday13 said:

BUILD THAT WALL
    WOOT WOOT WOOT
    WALK WITH ME!

Canada already started putting it up this morning.
    We now only allow legal entry.
    Even if you don't support Trump we welcome you.
    Kinda
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

g under p said:

Godfather.

Peace
    to be fair I said since Obama got elected, that does not mean division has not been around at other times in history
    and your question, in my opinion it has gotten worse and to avoid argument I will just leave it right here, asking if it's hot California or hotter in Florida depends on who you talk to right ?

Godfather.

I totally disagree that this country is worse I know you now live here in Florida. When I first came here in 2006 there was nothing here out west in Palm Beach County. Farm land occupied by cows just so that owners could keep their lands. Now you can't find ANY open spaces of farm land its ALL been built up from economic growth. I have two jobs and could've another no time for more work. So I dont know where your thought process is that its gotten worse....easy to say from you due your disdain towards President Obama. You're still employed right?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.