Photography...

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899

Got to enjoy this dahlia for all of three days; frakkin' deer decimated my garden (again!) today.  So bloody aggravating.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

• Got to enjoy this dahlia for all of three days; frakkin' deer decimated my garden (again!) today.  So bloody aggravating.
    Beautiful! 

Our garden hasn't been shit this year, either, thanks to the deer.  Their little habitat around here is shrinking due to some major redevelopment, so they come around here more and more every year.  This gal has three fawns that gobbled up all of our day lily flower tops.  lol.  I can never manage to get a shot of them, though.

However, here is a shot I was able to get several years ago when a little fawn wandered over to our pond as I was sitting on our gazebo.

Kansas City, Kansas (December 04, 1991)

• www.thomasholley.co.uk
    Would love some feedback on my material from you guys. I would love to make a career of it especially in music one way or another one day. I've doing it maybe properly three years since 21 and trying to learn and push my self as much as I can specially in the last year or so, I've really got into lots of different types of and it's helped. These photos you guys are posting are brilliant by the way, this thread is awesome. Thanks!
    Wow, you've got some really great shots.  Definitely keep at it!
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210

www.thomasholley.co.uk
    Would love some feedback on my material from you guys. I would love to make a career of it especially in music one way or another one day. I've doing it maybe properly three years since 21 and trying to learn and push my self as much as I can specially in the last year or so, I've really got into lots of different types of and it's helped. These photos you guys are posting are brilliant by the way, this thread is awesome. Thanks!
    Wow, you've got some really great shots.  Definitely keep at it!

Thanks a lot!! Likewise, I really especially like that b/w deer you've just put up. Some mega bokeh!
    Great deer pix splinterbitch!
    This picture does not do justice to the incredible blood-red sun and moon that we have been experiencing over the past week or so.  Incredible despite the cause.
  • Thanks, RideTheWave93 and Fifthelement :)  I was trying to wait her out and catch her and all three fawns as they moved from that rather concealed spot but then my elbow hit my back door's knob with the keys still in the lock and she heard the sight jingle of the keys and they all took off right after this shot.  lol.

Those blood red sun/moon shots are really hard to capture. I can imagine how stunning it must be to the eye.   

Shifting gears, anyone into cars?  My husband is a car guy and we hit the car shows a lot, so I thought I'd share one of that nature:

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

• LindaPartridgeLindaPartridge Ireland Posts: 14
    This lake is close to where I live. Love taking pictures of it 
    edited August 2017
    A daylight view! Love taking pictures. Only started recently. Love looking at all your photos!
    Post edited by LindaPartridge on
  • rgambs said:
    What a sweet picture.  Love it.  Great composition.
  • A daylight view! Love taking pictures. Only started recently. Love looking at all your photos!
    Nice!  Isn't it great to have a lake close enough to go every day?  We have one near us (man made back in the 80s) and one that is a little bit of a drive but not too far.  I haven't been as much this year, though, to either one.  You're making me want to get off my butt and get back into the habit. 
  • Okay, here's a random photo.  If you've ever wondered what a drop of water looks like on a piece of construction paper in black and white, wonder no more.  LOL. 

Our lake is man made too! Here since the 1940's. Feel incredibly blessed to live where we do
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    rgambs said:
    Lovely picture.
    Thanks!
    It was at Max Patch, a photographer's dream spot on the Appalachian Trail.
    Big open field with wildflowers and 360 degree views.
    We caught sunset, stars, and sunrise there, and each was a singular experience.
    I have a Nikon AW1 and I am not an accomplished photographer.
    I like to think I have a good eye for composition and getting great shots, but I have never learned to use manual settings beyond a basic ISO or shutter speed adjustment.
    I always mean to learn and never do, and I'm ok with that because I usually get at least one solid shot and I'm usually pretty immersed in being there and experiencing it in life anyways.
  • KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
    Yay!  More beautiful pictures.  Well done  =)

•  Kansas City, Kansas (December 04, 1991)
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357

Very interesting!
    Cool and interesting pix people.
    An Irish sheep!
    edited September 2017
    Spotted this guy this morning!
    Nice pics LindaP

Sun-dappled trees from our walk yesterday
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2017
    I'm still trying to figure out how to post my own pictures here. Haven't figured it out yet.
  • RYME said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how to post my own pictures here. Haven't figured it out yet.
    Select the attach image icon, the drop down will let you choose from a web address or computer file. Can take a while at times to load the image in I've found. Hope this helps...