Photography...

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited November 2016 in The Art Wall
I love photography, and I take every opportunity to get out and shoot pictures whenever possible, probably my favourite form of art, a picture says a 1000 words. Didn't see a specific thread just for photography in general, just the sunset thread, and sunsets deserve a thread all to their own. All you shutterbugs lets see some of your photography. I'll post some of my favourite shots I've taken over the years. Hope to see some wonderful photos like the wonderful photos in the sunset thread...

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by lukin2006 on

Comments

• Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Cool!

Oddly your picture reminds me of a place in my old hometown in Denmark, just on the outskirts ...

These are some I took on my most recent trip to Rome

Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    ^^^Great pictures. Mine, not Denmark...mine is a boardwalk at Point Pelee National Park near me in Ontario ... it's a bird watchers paradise and a major stop for monarch butterflies migrating to Mexico in September and October...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    edited November 2016
    deleted
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HottyKarateHottyKarate Posts: 8
    edited February 2017

Post edited by HottyKarate on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    ^^^ gorgeous. What type of fruit is that in the last picture?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

looks like some sort of donut fruit. lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • HottyKarateHottyKarate Posts: 8
    edited February 2017

Thanks! :blush: They are persimmons from my parents' yard, I believe the Japanese version...at least that's what my parents are calling the plant.

Thanks! :blush: They are persimmons from my parents' yard, I believe the Japanese version...at least that's what my parents are calling the plant.
    I thought they looked somewhat familiar.

Driftwood on the beach

How you doin'?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

knik arm, anchorage.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ^^^ wow, the detail is incredible. Well done.
  • ^Thanks :) I was standing on a boat trying to get up close to it in the tree.
  • SplinterbitchSplinterbitch Posts: 36
    edited June 2017

Blue Dasher Dragonfly

I love photography and usually lug my camera around everywhere I go, though not so very recently.  I tend to take pictures of anything and everything that catches my eye, which can make short trips anywhere with my husband into long trips as he patiently waits while I stop and take a close up of a bug or whatever. lol.  I decided to nose around the forum for fellow photogs and see several threads but I couldn't decide where to jump in so I opted for this one.  When I think of it, I'll post a random photo here or in one of the other threads.  Now to scroll through and take a look at the world through others' eyes.  Some wonderful photos out there from what I can see.
    Post edited by Splinterbitch on
     Kansas City, Kansas (December 04, 1991)
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Beautiful pics everyone!!!
    Retaining wall or art?  Both! =)B)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Nice!  Is that your wall?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I wish!  It's just a really beautiful piece of art along one of the main commuter routes. They implemented a programme of beautification during their last construction phase.  How've you been?  It's been a long time since I last saw you around these parts.  Hope you're well  :)

Hi there!  I've been doing okay. I'm starting to get used to my new home.
    thanks for asking.  :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Are you still in Tampa or have you moved elsewhere?  You always share such beautiful, interesting photos.  I look forward to seeing more.
    edited July 2017
    Are you still in Tampa or have you moved elsewhere?  You always share such beautiful, interesting photos.  I look forward to seeing more.
    I had to leave Tampa and move to Ohio about 2 years ago now.  The scenery is not quite as colorful here but I am getting used to it.
    I'm going to vacation in the Smokey Mountains soon. I'll come home with a bunch of beautiful photos from that, I'm sure! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Justam, what part of Ohio did you move to?

Justam, what part of Ohio did you move to?

Check your messages.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I look forward to seeing your vacation pix.
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210

www.thomasholley.co.uk
    Would love some feedback on my material from you guys. I would love to make a career of it especially in music one way or another one day. I've doing it maybe properly three years since 21 and trying to learn and push my self as much as I can specially in the last year or so, I've really got into lots of different types of and it's helped. These photos you guys are posting are brilliant by the way, this thread is awesome. Thanks!
    Spotted on our walk just now.

www.thomasholley.co.uk
    Would love some feedback on my material from you guys. I would love to make a career of it especially in music one way or another one day. I've doing it maybe properly three years since 21 and trying to learn and push my self as much as I can specially in the last year or so, I've really got into lots of different types of and it's helped. These photos you guys are posting are brilliant by the way, this thread is awesome. Thanks!
    Checked your site out, and all I can say is it's bloody impressive.  You have an amazing eye whether it's landscapes, concert or action.  I wish you all the best in pursuing your passion.  You defo have the talent.
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210

www.thomasholley.co.uk
    Checked your site out, and all I can say is it's bloody impressive.  You have an amazing eye whether it's landscapes, concert or action.  I wish you all the best in pursuing your passion.  You defo have the talent.

Thanks so much I appreciate your sentiments, it's words like that what really really motivate me, and I don't get it a lot so thank you! Work though is so hard to come by even unpaid as we know, especially music. Damn it's a tough industry! I've been loving your posts by the way really eclectic array of pictures. All the best.