• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    pjalive21 said:

lukin2006 said:

Who really cares???

ummm a shit ton of people

As far as the question the OP had...

I think Trump wins popular and loses electorate

If there is an EV and popular vote split, that is likely to favor Trump. Clinton has been ahead in almost all national polls since the beginning.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Trump's path to victory in the Electoral College is almost impossible. Even if he wins every Romney state and flips Nevada, Florida, Ohio, Iowa AND New Hampshire he still maxes out at only 269. It's likely he has already lost Nevada due to early Latino voting and may have done the same in Florida. There just doesn't seem to be any way for him to win this, IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I think that a map like yours is exactly why Michigan is the talk right now. I don't see it turning red, but there must be something there for then to go after or they wouldn't be wasting their time.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited November 2016
    Population of over 300 Million People...So it's Trump OR Hillary???....Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez what Great Choices!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    i_lov_it said:

Population of over 300 Million People...So it's Trump OR Hillary???....Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez what Great Choices!!!

Hey we re allowed a bad Election every 200 years! ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

I think that a map like yours is exactly why Michigan is the talk right now. I don't see it turning red, but there must be something there for then to go after or they wouldn't be wasting their time.

I live across from Detroit in the great white north, they were discussing Michigan on the local news out of Detroit, they claim Clinton will not get nearly the same turn out that Obama received in '12 and if more or the same vote republican it could flip the state...I don't believe them, this will be route in every sense of the word...its in the media's best interest to sell this election as close in order to get viewers to turn in tomorrow night for 6 hours of boredom...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Michigan and PA
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Michigan and PA

Will both be blue.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    "Predicting a delay on landing
    Well I predict we'll have a drink"
    -Paul Westerberg

Not sure I'll be able to call it either a celebration or a consoling drink but I'm pretty sure I'll be having a drink or three tomorrow night.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Trump.
    Numbers are irrelevant.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    edited November 2016
    I've decided to not care which crook wins tonight. Ive got a great kid, a hot wife, and a new Portland Emek. Neither candidate will get a second of my time tonight. I'm just glad the election madness ends for a little while. We have better media-driven headlines to get to.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Michigan and PA

Will both be blue.
    I'll take that for 500 Alex
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    i think tonight puts the final nail in the coffin for the media and prediction pundits...polls become irrelevant moving forward

i think the people (silent majority) finally get heard and they rock the system and we get Donald Trump as the next President of the United States

either way..whoever wins..."god" help us all

to all those who have discussed the political season to exhaustion with me and the rest of AMT, its been quite the ride and i hope we all prosper in whatever way possible from whoever is elected and moving forward the rest of the country learns from this mistake in the future
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

i think tonight puts the final nail in the coffin for the media and prediction pundits...polls become irrelevant moving forward

i think the people (silent majority) finally get heard and they rock the system and we get Donald Trump as the next President of the United States

either way..whoever wins..."god" help us all

to all those who have discussed the political season to exhaustion with me and the rest of AMT, its been quite the ride and i hope we all prosper in whatever way possible from whoever is elected and moving forward the rest of the country learns from this mistake in the future

It is fucking hysterical that Trump claims to be the silent majority...these people are the loudest most obnoxious people I have ever come across. Every single one of them makes themselves heard loud and clear.

If the early turnout in Philly is any indication, the Dems are actually the silent majority...
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Popular Vote
    Clinton 48%
    Trump 44%
    Johnson 5%
    Stein 3%

Electoral College
    Clinton 325
    Trump 213

Still standing by this.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Popular Vote
    Clinton 48%
    Trump 44%
    Johnson 5%
    Stein 3%

Electoral College
    Clinton 325
    Trump 213

Still standing by this.
    Some light reading.
    Is this an accurate article?
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/06/politics/non-americans-guide-us-elections-trnd/index.html
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    fivethirtyeight.com is going with 302 to 235 with clinton the winner.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Popular Vote
    Clinton 48%
    Trump 44%
    Johnson 5%
    Stein 3%

Electoral College
    Clinton 325
    Trump 213

Still standing by this.
    I would flip NC and Ohio and I am right here with you. 320 to 218 for me.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    my guess it isnt going to be that close. The recent doubt was manufactured for ratings.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

fivethirtyeight.com got ripped on last night by real clear politics guy on Megyn Kelly...stating how inaccurate they are and how they have started to show bias...i know alot of people reference them around here and i dont get into which pollster is better type of stuff but i got caught off guard when they were brought up like that
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

mcgruff10 said:

fivethirtyeight.com got ripped on last night by real clear politics guy on Megyn Kelly...stating how inaccurate they are and how they have started to show bias...i know alot of people reference them around here and i dont get into which pollster is better type of stuff but i got caught off guard when they were brought up like that
    They are giving Trump the best chances of all of the main sites
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjalive21 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Statistically, real clear politics guy is wrong.
    Maybe today's vote will change that, but Silver is far and away the best in the last few election cycles.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

mcgruff10 said:

They are giving Trump the best chances of all of the main sites
    yeah thats what threw me off...the pollster game has gotten rough
  • Options
    I predict there will be many many AMT hurt feelwings.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

I predict there will be many many AMT hurt feelwings.

Sound it out.
    Feelwings
    Feewlings
    Feewings

Feelwings doesn't sound like baby talk, you should switch to one of the other two.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    brianlux said:

"Predicting a delay on landing
    Well I predict we'll have a drink"
    -Paul Westerberg

Not sure I'll be able to call it either a celebration or a consoling drink but I'm pretty sure I'll be having a drink or three tomorrow night.

I agree Brian, I'm just sure the whole damn thing is coming to an end. I don't drink much but I had one sort of last night. Basically, white Jamaican rum poured over a strawberry Italian ice.....keeping it simple. Off to a morning bicycle ride along the ocean and hope that the results of this election will be the truth of the voters.

Peace everyone.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    maybe the whole ridiculous process doesnt need to take 2 goddamn years next time?

Maybe we can have a month of primary and a solid 2 months of campaigning and debates. Raise money but give it all to charity
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    MayDay10 said:

maybe the whole ridiculous process doesnt need to take 2 goddamn years next time?

Maybe we can have a month of primary and a solid 2 months of campaigning and debates. Raise money but give it all to charity

The fight for 2020 begins tomorrow.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

Kasich 2020 and Cruz 2020 kick off tomorrow regardless of who wins tonight.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

MayDay10 said:

Kasich 2020 and Cruz 2020 kick off tomorrow regardless of who wins tonight.
    Hindsight 2020