Options

FBI Working For Trump?

Now that Giuliani has come out and admitted it, how does everyone feel about a "non-partisan" government agency apparently picking sides?

Rudy Giuliani is now openly boasting that the Trump campaign got advance notice of James Comey’s letter
The Trump campaign isn't even bothering to hide its ties to the FBI at this point

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/04/rudy-giuliani-is-now-openly-boasting-that-the-trump-campaign-got-advance-notice-of-james-comeys-letter/https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

'The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaking, sources say
Highly unfavorable view of Hillary Clinton intensified after James Comey’s decision not to recommend an indictment over her use of a private email server

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I will support all agencies that work to remove tyranny and treason, and remove domestic enemies.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Well if that was their plan I say it worked to perfection I'm totally convinced that Trump will be the next president !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:

I will support all agencies that work to remove tyranny and treason, and remove domestic enemies.

Haha, sure.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Well if that was their plan I say it worked to perfection I'm totally convinced that Trump will be the next president !

I like the way you think, this country needs a leader with Balls for the first time in awhile....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    When Hillary and the DOJ render the FBI meaningless I can understand the FBI's frustration.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:

unsung said:

Haha, sure.
    Hmm, well you don't know me. I'd have impeached every President since and including Reagan.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Where is the guy who inserts the "tinfoil hat" gif when you need him?
  • Options

Meet Donald Trump’s Top FBI Fanboy
    Trump supporters with strong ties to the agency kept talking about surprises and leaks to come—and come they did.

Last October, after President Obama told 60 Minutes that the Clinton emails weren’t a national security issue, Megyn Kelly interviewed Kallstrom on Fox. “You know a lot of the agents involved in this investigation,” she said. “How angry must they be tonight?”

“I know some of the agents,” said Kallstrom. “I know some of the supervisors and I know the senior staff. And they’re P.O.’d, I mean no question. This is like someone driving another nail in the coffin of the criminal justice system.”

Kallstrom declared that “if it’s pushed under the rug,” the agents “won’t take that sitting down.” Kelly confirmed: “That’s going to get leaked.”

When Comey cleared Clinton this July, Kallstrom was on Fox again, declaring: “I’ve talked to about 15 different agents today—both on the job and off the job—who are basically worried about the reputation of the agency they love.” The number grew dramatically by Labor Day weekend when Comey released Clinton’s FBI interview and other documents, and Kallstrom told Kelly he was talking to “50 different people in and out of the agency, retired agents,” all of whom he said were “basically disgusted” by Comey’s latest release.

By Sept. 28, Kallstrom said he’d been contacted by hundreds of people, including “a lot of retired agents and a few on the job,” declaring the agents “involved in this thing feel like they’ve been stabbed in the back.” So, he said, “I think we’re going to see a lot more of the facts come out in the course of the next few months. That’s my prediction.”

Kallstrom, whose exchanges with active agents about particular cases are as contrary to FBI policy as Giuliani’s, formally and passionately endorsed Trump this week on Stuart Varney’s Fox Business show, adding that Clinton is a “pathological liar.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/03/meet-donald-trump-s-top-fbi-fanboy.html
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

How about a tinfoil cat gif?

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

A cat would be better than Trump or Hillary. Garfield/Odie 2016! Free lasagna and no work on Mondays for all!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    if people believe that it is okay for a federal agency, as well as russia, to become partisan and try to sway our election, then this country is well and truly fucked.

people who are okay with this claim to be patriots any other time and in any other situation. people who are okay with this disgust me. they are all political hacks.

there would be a lot of outrage on here if the fbi was working against trump.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

if people believe that it is okay for a federal agency, as well as russia, to become partisan and try to sway our election, then this country is well and truly fucked.

people who are okay with this claim to be patriots any other time and in any other situation. people who are okay with this disgust me. they are all political hacks.

This comment shows that your country might be fucked either way because regardless of who wins you will have people such as yourself who see any result as rigged. The only two options on Wednesday morning are 1) The Justice Department blocked the FBI from truly investigating Hillary when obvious laws were broken or 2) Hillary was completely innocent but had the election stolen from her by a partisan FBI who was working with Russia on behalf of Trump. So much for the "will you support the results of the election" line of attack that's been laid on Trump for the last two weeks....that's out the window. Either victor will purge the FBI/Justice Department of the people it doesn't like and cynicism will only grow. No good result will come of this.
  • Options

Who is the FBI working for now Gimme?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Comey is just doing the right thing now after being pressured by Trump supporting agents to do the wrong thing. Unfortunately politics were played by the FBI and the damage has already been done.

Guess all those leaks to Fox News about emanate charges coming were full of shit, no surprise.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Comey is just doing the right thing now after being pressured by Trump supporting agents to do the wrong thing. Unfortunately politics were played by the FBI and the damage has already been done.

Guess all those leaks to Fox News about emanate charges coming were full of shit, no surprise.
    Probably anti-Hillary people versus pro-Trump if anything. But what I believe is that Comey was convinced by the DOJ to ditch the FBI's role as the investigator and become prosecutor. THat is probably what pissed off some in the FBI. Anyone listening to Comey's speech back in August (Dem or Rep) was shocked at Comey's conclusion based on the build-up in the speech. Of course there would be a revolt.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Probably anti-Hillary people versus pro-Trump if anything. But what I believe is that Comey was convinced by the DOJ to ditch the FBI's role as the investigator and become prosecutor. THat is probably what pissed off some in the FBI. Anyone listening to Comey's speech back in August (Dem or Rep) was shocked at Comey's conclusion based on the build-up in the speech. Of course there would be a revolt.
    We have no evidence of what happened to piss off those FBI agents, we can only speculate. They may just really disliked Hillary and like Trump. It really is too bad that Bill boarded that plane, was a completely stupid thing to do that got this whole ball rolling.

When the news broke that they were re-opening this investigation I assumed they must have had something pretty substantial. Doing that with 11 days left in the election was a huge bombshell that played right into Trumps campaign narrative.

The fact that there was nothing new to see in the emails makes me more sure that politics were being played. That's going to do some damage to the FBI's integrity. It should be costing some agents their jobs.

• Options
    Politicizing of FBI becomes hallmark of 2016
    Rachel Maddow makes the case that one of the things historians will note about the 2016 election is the effort by elements of the FBI exceeded its boundaries to intervene in the election.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/politicizing-of-fbi-becomes-hallmark-of-2016-801655363718
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

We have no evidence of what happened to piss off those FBI agents, we can only speculate. They may just really disliked Hillary and like Trump. It really is too bad that Bill boarded that plane, was a completely stupid thing to do that got this whole ball rolling.

When the news broke that they were re-opening this investigation I assumed they must have had something pretty substantial. Doing that with 11 days left in the election was a huge bombshell that played right into Trumps campaign narrative.

The fact that there was nothing new to see in the emails makes me more sure that politics were being played. That's going to do some damage to the FBI's integrity. It should be costing some agents their jobs.

He probably did it to prevent a full on revolt. Politics for sure, but perhaps more internal FBI politics and indirectly presidential politics.
  • Options
    How Much Did Comey Hurt Clinton’s Chances?
    And is it too late for his second letter to help her?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-did-comey-hurt-clintons-chances/?ex_cid=2016-forecast
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

He probably did it to prevent a full on revolt. Politics for sure, but perhaps more internal FBI politics and indirectly presidential politics.
    I agree. I'm guessing he knew it was going to be leaked if he didn't get it out first.
  • Options
    It is a little shocking though that the maid was not questioned by the FBI.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Charges with respect to email yes but charges with respect to foundation no. Those investigations are still ongoing.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

It is a little shocking though that the maid was not questioned by the FBI.

Or the IT manger at State Dept!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Charges with respect to email yes but charges with respect to foundation no. Those investigations are still ongoing.
    So more lies. Throwing as much mud as possible in the final days of the election.

The sources acknowledged that the FBI began looking into the Clinton Foundation after the controversial book “Clinton Cash” was published last year. In particular, agents were trying to determine whether donations to the foundation may have been traded for access to Clinton while she was secretary of state.

In February, FBI agents presented their findings to senior FBI officials and prosecutors in the Justice Department’s public integrity section, sources said. But the prosecutors and senior FBI officials agreed that there was no clear evidence of wrongdoing and that a criminal case tied to the Clinton Foundation could not be made, according to the sources.

“It was not impressive,” one source said of the February presentation. “It was not something that [prosecutors] felt they could authorize additional steps for. They were not impressed with the presentation or the evidence — if you could even call it evidence to that point.”

Investigators and higher-ups have continued to discuss the matter, but there has been no change in posture, sources said. Authorities still believe there is no evidence of wrongdoing, and they do not believe there is a sufficient reason to pursue charges, according to the sources.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-claims-evidence-fbis-clinton-foundation-probe-impressive/story?id=43282736
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

So more lies. Throwing as much mud as possible in the final days of the election.

The sources acknowledged that the FBI began looking into the Clinton Foundation after the controversial book “Clinton Cash” was published last year. In particular, agents were trying to determine whether donations to the foundation may have been traded for access to Clinton while she was secretary of state.

In February, FBI agents presented their findings to senior FBI officials and prosecutors in the Justice Department’s public integrity section, sources said. But the prosecutors and senior FBI officials agreed that there was no clear evidence of wrongdoing and that a criminal case tied to the Clinton Foundation could not be made, according to the sources.

“It was not impressive,” one source said of the February presentation. “It was not something that [prosecutors] felt they could authorize additional steps for. They were not impressed with the presentation or the evidence — if you could even call it evidence to that point.”

Investigators and higher-ups have continued to discuss the matter, but there has been no change in posture, sources said. Authorities still believe there is no evidence of wrongdoing, and they do not believe there is a sufficient reason to pursue charges, according to the sources.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-claims-evidence-fbis-clinton-foundation-probe-impressive/story?id=43282736
    This article is just quoting leaks downplaying an ongoing investigation. Whether charges will be filed isn't clear but the investigation with respect to Pay to Play is happening.
  • Options
    per "sources" to WSJ and Fox?
  • Options

per "sources" to WSJ and Fox?

No....per the article dignin just linked to. It confirms there is an investigation. Read the last paragraph: "Investigators and higher ups have continued to discuss the matter..." That is an investigation with a yet to be determined result.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

A cat would be better than Trump or Hillary. Garfield/Odie 2016! Free lasagna and no work on Mondays for all!
    https://youtu.be/M20qEVP9aNc