TEMPLE SF ROLL CALL

I searched and didn't see this yet...

I'm planning on camping out all day, who else is with me? Never been on the rail and have the time off to spend both days hanging out.

Who else doing the same?

Comments

• KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    Not a chance. I'll be pregaming at a nearby bar with some great friends. See you at the show though!
  • acost016 said:

Who else doing the same?

I'd be right there with you on the 11th, but I'm not arriving til the afternoon. I'll be camping out all day Saturday, for sure. I'm psyched!
  • quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    I have 2 tickets for the 11th. PM ($175/pair)
  • My family and I are flying from Chicago to SF and will be at the Saturday show. We're not spending all day in line though, so I guess we'll take our chances with terrible seats. I'd rather be out in the city having fun before the show.
  • kerbjackkerbjack Posts: 218
    Flying in Friday morning for SF #1, wont be checked in and at the venue til a bit later. Cant wait, just over 1 week!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • acost016 said:

I'm planning on camping out all day, who else is with me? Never been on the rail and have the time off to spend both days hanging out.

Who else doing the same?

Yeah, no. If you are from out of town, you should enjoy all of the many things the bay area has to offer, not sitting in a line all day. Life is too short.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

acost016 said:

Who else doing the same?

Yeah, no. If you are from out of town, you should enjoy all of the many things the bay area has to offer, not sitting in a line all day. Life is too short.
    Good advice.
    Plus, the area around Bill Graham Civic is kind of rough/dangerous - not a place to be a sitting duck all day.
    Still plenty of tickets available to both shows on Ticketmaster for anyone considering coming.

• will be there night 2
    have 1 extra night 1 below face, can't make it.
    PM if you need/want one
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • I've lived in SF for years, and have never been on the rail and feel this band warrants the long days wait in line.
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    6 of us will be making the drive down from Seattle for these. No rail for us though
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    acost016 said:

I've lived in SF for years, and have never been on the rail and feel this band warrants the long days wait in line.

Alright - have a great time!!!
  • McAllister, Hyde, Geary, Jones square area is the only remotely "dangerous" part of that neighborhood anymore. Really nothing to worry about. A lot has changed in the last 7 years.
  • McAllister, Hyde, Geary, Jones square area is the only remotely "dangerous" part of that neighborhood anymore. Really nothing to worry about. A lot has changed in the last 7 years.

Yeah, the area where Bill Graham is right next to Market and Financial District it's very safe until 10pm, then the wild life begins to wake up.

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    I'll be there for both shows, first time visiting San Francisco. Hopefully we all will have a fun time.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Driving down from Oregon on Friday to go to night 2, My son wants to queue.
    #FHP
  • I'll be there, 1h +11h flight from Sweden first.....
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239

will be there night 2
    have 1 extra night 1 below face, can't make it.
    PM if you need/want one

Sent you a PM.
  • JMoneyJMoney Posts: 44
    Coming in from Denver Thursday, plan to be on line most of the day for the Friday show.
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • StixumStixum Posts: 32
    We're coming in on Friday night; we'll be in line for the Saturday show. Looking forward to it!
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - NY 2
    2012 - Music Midtown
    2013 - Charlotte, LA 1, LA 2, Wrigley
    2014 - St Louis, ACL Fest 2
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Columbia, Ottawa, Toronto, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, San Fran 2 (TOTD), LA (TOTD)
    2017 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018 - London 1, London 2, Padova, Seattle 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2021 - Ohana 1
    2022 - Las Vegas, Nashville, St. Louis
    2023 - St. Paul 1, St. Paul 2, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Noblesville
    2024 - Vancouver 1, Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Los Angelas 1, Noblesville, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, NY 1, NY 2, Philly 1, Ohana 2
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Will be there for both. Looked killer last night.
  • Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    Driving in from Sacramento for night 1. Its nice to be able to drive a short clip to see a show for a change. No plane, no hotel...ahhhhhhh
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • AZDAZD Posts: 34
    Coming in from Phoenix. Right now only for night 2, but working on night 1!!!
  • dschifrin said:

Coming in from Phoenix. Right now only for night 2, but working on night 1!!!

If you need a ticket for night 1, I have an extra (face value, of course).
  • East Coast shows looked great and am psyched to get to a TOTD show!! Kinda bummed the entire theater is GA but have to think all seats are good at this theater! Coming in from Chicago with a bit of a World Series hangover- bumped into Ed at game 6 of NLDS, bumped into him again and he took a picture w/ my family at Game 5 of WS. Great summer in Wrigleyville this year!!!
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Going to the shows alone. Might queue up for one but not both. We'll see.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
    Out of all the shows on this tour I cant figure out the significance of the Bill Graham or SF to Temple, MLB and Andy Wood. From the NY times article Jeff said they are playing places that Andy would have loved...MSG, Tower theatre in Philli where the first Bowie American show took place...the Forum in LA, home of the Showtime Lakers (Andy's team). The Paramount was the last real show MLB played, and where they had Andy's funeral... so that of course makes sense

I know the Bill Graham has seen some great shows, but wonder why they chose it for this tour.
  • kerbjack said:

Out of all the shows on this tour I cant figure out the significance of the Bill Graham or SF to Temple, MLB and Andy Wood. From the NY times article Jeff said they are playing places that Andy would have loved...MSG, Tower theatre in Philli where the first Bowie American show took place...the Forum in LA, home of the Showtime Lakers (Andy's team). The Paramount was the last real show MLB played, and where they had Andy's funeral... so that of course makes sense

I know the Bill Graham has seen some great shows, but wonder why they chose it for this tour.

Maybe it's just SF in general that he loved, though I don't think he would like it at all, these days. I have never liked BG Auditorium. They should have played the Fox in Oakland or the Masonic. Those are a great venues.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • kerbjack said:

Just listen to "Stardog Champion" as it starts "SAN FRANCISCO where the flowers bloom in spring..."
    Totally get the Stardog Champion, lyric, but the exact venues seem to hold importance as well.

They should be hitting West Virginia too if its just due to lyrics from Stardog ;)

In any case 2 days! Pending civilization as we know it still existing and this Canadian being able to cross the border...
  • kerbjack said:

Totally get the Stardog Champion, lyric, but the exact venues seem to hold importance as well.

They should be hitting West Virginia too if its just due to lyrics from Stardog ;)

Good point. I thought about this last night while listening to the MLB box set.