Options

Thomas's Catch

2»

Comments

• Options
    sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720

Washed said:

If you are a baseball and Pearl Jam fan this one is a must own. Visually I find it to be in the upper echelon of PJ posters.

It's only my 4th favorite of the Fenway posters, behind the Ames Green Monster, Eaton Green Lady, & Mark 5 playing card. I really wish Wrigley would've gotten a better baseball themed poster.
    The Mark5 Variant is even nicer than the show edition.
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    I also have the AP & AP variant of Taylor's eagle and they are both pretty sweet. The variant really pops.
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    sak300zx said:

Washed said:

If you are a baseball and Pearl Jam fan this one is a must own. Visually I find it to be in the upper echelon of PJ posters.

It's only my 4th favorite of the Fenway posters, behind the Ames Green Monster, Eaton Green Lady, & Mark 5 playing card. I really wish Wrigley would've gotten a better baseball themed poster.
    Obviously everyone has his/her own taste. Personally I do not like the Mark5 Variant at all (Christmas-y green and red, or the old look of the New Jersey Devils), whereas the show edition reflects the colors of the Red Sox and seems more true to the spirit of the venue and its occupants. Just a different view, that's all.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

I have a thomas... looking for a Charlotte '13...

yeah don't forget to put Charlotte 2013 on that list.... that bastard is about as rare as it gets for later day posters.
    I haven't had any luck finding one at a decent price.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835

sak300zx said:

Washed said:

Obviously everyone has his/her own taste. Personally I do not like the Mark5 Variant at all (Christmas-y green and red, or the old look of the New Jersey Devils), whereas the show edition reflects the colors of the Red Sox and seems more true to the spirit of the venue and its occupants. Just a different view, that's all.

I prefer the show edition to the variant, but I love what I think was the methodology behind using the green: The Green Monster.
  • Options

sak300zx said:

Washed said:

I prefer the show edition to the variant, but I love what I think was the methodology behind using the green: The Green Monster.
    Word up, Greg!!
    when is the next album coming out?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873

sak300zx said:

Washed said:

could also be green for the celtics or the big irish population in boston

• Options

sak300zx said:

Washed said:

could also be green for the celtics or the big irish population in boston

could be green for $$$$ he is making on the variants.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

Washed said:

You didn't like the Wrigley Klausen?
    Not really. It's not bad art by any means and I completely understand why people love his work, but his style is usually not my taste.
  • Options

Washed said:

II really wish Wrigley would've gotten a better baseball themed poster.

I just took a sharpie to my Thomas and made it into a Wrigley.