Clown Hysteria

2»

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Second time I've thought about/mentioned face-painting this evening.

This time, Crazy Joe Davola.

Arm yourselves with Cherry Binaca!

On another note, if people act like assholes no matter how they're dressed (though I really don't get the whole getting off on dressing up like a clown thing, but different strokes), let the repercussions happen - like the two girls dressed as clowns who jumped out of a car and chased two young teens.

I'd surely try to defend myself...again though, based on behavior.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

Second time I've thought about/mentioned face-painting this evening.

This time, Crazy Joe Davola.

Arm yourselves with Cherry Binaca!

On another note, if people act like assholes no matter how they're dressed (though I really don't get the whole getting off on dressing up like a clown thing, but different strokes), let the repercussions happen - like the two girls dressed as clowns who jumped out of a car and chased two young teens.

I'd surely try to defend myself...again though, based on behavior.

Yes, of course, if the behaviour is threatening like that, self defense would be justified. But it just seemed to me that this mayor told people if you just see a clown you can attack it because they look scary. He didn't qualify it by saying 'only if they are directly threatening your safety'. This sounds like the promotion of assault to me. Sounds like he's condoning just jumping someone walking around in a clown suit. Period.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonist said:

I'll say this.

I grew up watching (and loving) Bozo.

Ronald McDonald? Sure! Positive clown reinforcement.

Then, my downfall.

IT.

Fucking Pennywise did me in.

To the topic itself, idiots will be idiots, no matter the get-up. I can only hope Darwinism plays even a small part.

Ronald F'N McDonald...... just as creepy as Pennywise, sorry Hedo. The clown from Poltergeist was my first taste of "Clown Hysteria". Scarred and scared ever since...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    edited October 2016
    I didn't know that so many Americans suffered from coulrophobia. In fact, I don't believe that they do.

For the most part, I think they're all just a bunch of fucking wimps.

It's a fucking person dressed as a fucking clown, people. If you're concerned, instead of running away like a gutless waste of life, walk up to the person, and ask them what their deal is. If they say that they're just trying to have some fun spooking people around Halloween, then so be it.

At that point, though, if you live in a retarded gun state, you might want to warn them for their own safety. Because I think Chris is right. Some spineless jagoff with a handgun is going to wind up shooting another human just because they're dressed as a clown and trying to have a little fun.

"The crying on the inside kind, I guess."
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    PJ_Soul said:

If someone sees you dressed as a clown they have a right to defend themselves??? So the mayor told people they can assault clowns for no reason? Wtf?

Yep. Inciting violence out of fear.
    I would hope most people would use common sense along with instinct in any individual situation, regardless of what their mayor or any other local leader says.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    hedonist said:

I would hope most people would use common sense along with instinct in any individual situation, regardless of what their mayor or any other local leader says.

You would hope. People are scared fucking lemmings.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    dankind said:

hedonist said:

I guess this is where my feelings are.... I think I have lost some faith in people using common sense... and I think I have a good reason for feeling thst way. :disappointed:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    you know terrorists could take advantage of this
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dankind said:

I didn't know that so many Americans suffered from coulrophobia. In fact, I don't believe that they do.

For the most part, I think they're all just a bunch of fucking wimps.

It's a fucking person dressed as a fucking clown, people. If you're concerned, instead of running away like a gutless waste of life, walk up to the person, and ask them what their deal is. If they say that they're just trying to have some fun spooking people around Halloween, then so be it.

At that point, though, if you live in a retarded gun state, you might want to warn them for their own safety. Because I think Chris is right. Some spineless jagoff with a handgun is going to wind up shooting another human just because they're dressed as a clown and trying to have a little fun.

"The crying on the inside kind, I guess."

Amen.

People are threatening to shoot clowns on sight in my area, saying "if you want to be stupid, you will pay the consequences"

Guess what dipshit?
    If you shoot a person standing on the corner because of the clothes they are wearing, you are the fucking idiot who will be paying the consequences when they put your ass in jail where you belong!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    dankind said:

hedonist said:

Ha! Just earlier my husband said people are fucking lemmings.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Mass psychosis, if someone wants to dress up like a clown let them. People shouldn't get hysterical
    Has anyone seen any verified reports of violence committed by one of these clowns?
    rgambs said:

Has anyone seen any verified reports of violence committed by one of these clowns?

Nope, just the one incident I mentioned earlier - which, to be fair, could be construed as pending violence.
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

Nope, just the one incident I mentioned earlier - which, to be fair, could be construed as pending violence.
    Then it's official, people are fucking idiots lol
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited October 2016
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jsmvFRB_P4

Showtime played this killer clown movie a lot back in the day. It was even on Joe Bobs Drive In Theater on its sister network, TMC, a couple of times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NExTWeBt2Vg

^6:41 in.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.