Hurricane Matthew

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    Ok my flight was changed twice , my original departure was for 12:10pm to 3:15 and now back to 1:15 1st time lucking out ...love Florida but I wanna get the hell outta here as far as I can away from Mathew
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572

Ok my flight was changed twice , my original departure was for 12:10pm to 3:15 and now back to 1:15 1st time lucking out ...love Florida but I wanna get the hell outta here as far as I can away from Mathew

Be safe, Jose! Keep us posted.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Be safe, Jose! Keep us posted.
    It's looking good the plane is here and they are boarding us , thanks Brian .. To all our friends from Florida that post here stay safe and heed the warnings ...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Good luck and safe travels, Jose. And GuP, RR, Godfather, EM, DF and anyone else in the line of fire, stay safe down there! I hope Matthew passes quickly.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    jeffbr said:

Good luck and safe travels, Jose. And GuP, RR, Godfather, EM, DF and anyone else in the line of fire, stay safe down there! I hope Matthew passes quickly.

Pass through quickly not going to happen. Have you seen the track of this storm....they're saying it's going to hug the treasure coast then head out to sea then return to the Bahamas and Florida again as a cat 1. That's all we will need is more surge water and rain. Weather services are saying they've never seen anything like this ever. Sheriffs have gone to mobile parks to urge people to seek shelters but they're refusing....saying you'll have to arrest me. The sheriffs are now saying have body bags ready cause those people are NOT going to make it. Haven't heard from GF hope he's alright. It's now steady rain right now with some gusts. I'll try and keep up the updates as long as I power, lots of power for my devices except my wireless server. Later.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hope all pets are safe too.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    g under p said:

jeffbr said:

Pass through quickly not going to happen. Have you seen the track of this storm....they're saying it's going to hug the treasure coast then head out to sea then return to the Bahamas and Florida again as a cat 1. That's all we will need is more surge water and rain. Weather services are saying they've never seen anything like this ever. Sheriffs have gone to mobile parks to urge people to seek shelters but they're refusing....saying you'll have to arrest me. The sheriffs are now saying have body bags ready cause those people are NOT going to make it. Haven't heard from GF hope he's alright. It's now steady rain right now with some gusts. I'll try and keep up the updates as long as I power, lots of power for my devices except my wireless server. Later.

Peace

Yeah, I've been watching, and I really hope for all of your sakes that the models are incorrect, and Matthew doesn't circle back around. Really sad about people in mobile homes not evacuating. We see it in hurricane and tornado aftermath reports all of the time. Those structure simply can't take the force of the winds. Hedo mentioned pets above, and I know that in many cases (Red Cross for instance), emergency shelters don't allow pets. No way I'd be able to walk out of my house and leave my dog behind. So I guess I understand the resistance for some.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

g under p said:

jeffbr said:

Peace

Yeah, I've been watching, and I really hope for all of your sakes that the models are incorrect, and Matthew doesn't circle back around. Really sad about people in mobile homes not evacuating. We see it in hurricane and tornado aftermath reports all of the time. Those structure simply can't take the force of the winds. Hedo mentioned pets above, and I know that in many cases (Red Cross for instance), emergency shelters don't allow pets. No way I'd be able to walk out of my house and leave my dog behind. So I guess I understand the resistance for some.

No pets for me just my orchid collection come to think about I havent see any of the stray cats I see from time to time. No birds around everywhere is quiet of animals. People are still on the beach with stinging sands this guy says hes boarded up ready to go with his tent on the other side of the beach. Lol

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

First sign of things to come we just lost power and dont think its coming back anytime soon.

Peace

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    g under p said:

First sign of things to come we just lost power and dont think its coming back anytime soon.

Peace

Wow, are you in miami?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    g under p said:

Peace

Bummer. Do you have a generator?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    in Lake Worth area and really hoping everyone will be safe and that the hurricane will turn and head northeast back out to the ocean.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited October 2016
    Had a cat.2 knock out power for three weeks once and destroy a large portion of town. And Cat 4's are ridiculously scary. Everyone should be evacuating

Those wanting to donate goods---its often smart to think outside of the food/clothing realm. Think of Diapers (adult and baby), female hygene products, senior citizen needs, even things like nail clippers. So many will lose their homes from this and shelters run low on those products.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    So far in the most southern part of Palm Beach County, it isn't as bad as some of our everyday rain showers that move through. I still have power as of now, and the eye is already off the coast of this area. So, looks like this area dodged a bullet, hopefully it doesn't come back with a vengeance if it loops around like they're thinking.

For the ones north of here in FL, GA, and SC, hope all is well up there as the storm passes. Be safe!!
    Power has been back for awhile, cooked lots of food too much really. Theyre saying the cane is heading more north of me in Lake Worth but the heavy winds are still to come im glad I didnt head north to stay with my friend. Light rain and light micro burst winds at the moment. I dont drink but I sure could use somethimg when this is all done.

Peace

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    g under p said:

Power has been back for awhile, cooked lots of food too much really. Theyre saying the cane is heading more north of me in Lake Worth but the heavy winds are still to come im glad I didnt head north to stay with my friend. Light rain and light micro burst winds at the moment. I dont drink but I sure could use somethimg when this is all done.

Peace

Been talking to my friend in LW, he is off of 10th Ave east of Federal Hwy. He hasn't lost power yet, says it's nothing at all as of now at his house.

Learned not to run from them when I was young. One was supposed to hit here when I was a kid around 8 or 9, pops decided to go north and get away from the storm. Bad idea, the storm decided to follow us up the coast. Since then, just make sure the house is secured up, and ride it out. At least we can prepare for what's coming. Unlike a big F4 or F5 tornado just dropping out of the sky on you, that would suck.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    g under p said:

Hey everybody all prepared and chilling till it starts around 6pm to 6am with the worst winds from 12-3 pm. We will lose power for possibly up to two weeks but it's the huge amount of water Matthew is going to bring. Flooding to me is more of an issue than the high winds.....there's not much one can do to keep the surge of water back. Just off shore here in Lake Worth there's a couple of people kite surfing which is just crazy. It's high tide with a storm surge of at least 6ft or more so flooding is going to happen for sure. The outer bands are already here with gusts now up to 30 mph.

Peace

stay safe bud! your family is in my prayers.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Hey everyone man, I just got too tired and fell asleep. Matthew is gone north lots of rain now, winds coming now from the west with micro bursts, I never lost power again. Just checked the house no windows broken and we just passed through high tide and it seems so far I will not get flooded. So all is well and I think someone said we dodged a bullet well we damn sure did so far.

Peace everybody.

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    g under p said:

Hey everyone man, I just got too tired and fell asleep. Matthew is gone north lots of rain now, winds coming now from the west with micro bursts, I never lost power again. Just checked the house no windows broken and we just passed through high tide and it seems so far I will not get flooded. So all is well and I think someone said we dodged a bullet well we damn sure did so far.

Peace everybody.

thanks for the update, man. Glad to hear all is well with you, brother.
    g under p said:

Peace everybody.

Super good to hear you're OK G!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

This thing is inching towards SC. Cat 3 right now. Some storms have moved through. The main part of the storm is just now entering charleston. Going to be a long day and night.
    g under p said:

Peace everybody.

Glad bro !!
    Good news, g.

DF, I hope the same for you.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Hope everyone is well!!!
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    WOW ! S. Florida dodged a bullet big time I hope everybody is o.k.

Godfather.

It's about to get a little hairy out here. 2am-9am is going to suck. Charleston is under water
    You and yours in my thoughts, DF.

Please let us know how it goes, all of you in that path.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    That's like a weekly occurrence in Taiwan.

It's about to get a little hairy out here. 2am-9am is going to suck. Charleston is under water

Hey man, let us know if you're OK when you can! Thinking good thoughts for you buddy.