Options

Syria and the US's Motive

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

I'll stick with the Allied powers, you can stick with the Axis side.

axis side?
    how do you describe this factual history?

https://sarahabed.com/2017/04/21/the-us-crusader-of-democracy/
    We've been through this Russia vs US discussion before. Do you really want to start it back up? Drowning made a comment about the "Allies"...a reference to WWII. That was my response.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

and what are the apologists saying about the bomb attack on the buses leaving aleppo? ... the terrorists lured children out of buses with potato chips then bombed them ... these are the people the Syrian gov't is fighting on the ground ... THIS IS NOT A CIVIL WAR ... where in ANY of the news do you see an opposing syrian force!?? ... NONE ... only Al Qaeda and ISIS ...

I don't think anyone has defended that horrific attack. Just because I hate the Russian/Syrian/Iran alliance doesn't mean I support terrorism. They all suck.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    If someone had proof Assad used chemical weapons against its own people, it would have surfaced by now. Where is it?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/middleeast/syria-chemical-attack-sarin-opcw/

There's proof that sarin gas was used. Considering the equipment needed to manufacture, the highly volatile nature of the compound, the fact that it was delivered by air AND the very short shelf life of the product, makes it pretty clear already where it came from. Last I checked, ISIS wasn't flying around in jets delivering payloads.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    here's additional evidence of fraud ...

white helmets posts about attack well before attack actually happened
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

and what are the apologists saying about the bomb attack on the buses leaving aleppo? ... the terrorists lured children out of buses with potato chips then bombed them ... these are the people the Syrian gov't is fighting on the ground ... THIS IS NOT A CIVIL WAR ... where in ANY of the news do you see an opposing syrian force!?? ... NONE ... only Al Qaeda and ISIS ...

I don't think anyone has defended that horrific attack. Just because I hate the Russian/Syrian/Iran alliance doesn't mean I support terrorism. They all suck.
    sooo ... Syria is fighting these fucks ... why on earth would they drop chemical weapons on their own civilians? ... c'mon people!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

axis side?

We've been through this Russia vs US discussion before. Do you really want to start it back up? Drowning made a comment about the "Allies"...a reference to WWII. That was my response.
    this is about showing people that there is a pattern of propaganda that is used to convince the world how evil these countries are in order to justify the intervention and regime change ... it's why people should have very little trust in the narrative put forth by a gov't that has no credibility when it comes to democracy and peace ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

sooo ... Syria is fighting these fucks ... why on earth would they drop chemical weapons on their own civilians? ... c'mon people!!
    Right because there's never been a dictator in history who has killed his own people... totally unprecedented. Boggles the mind, in fact.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

axis side?

this is about showing people that there is a pattern of propaganda that is used to convince the world how evil these countries are in order to justify the intervention and regime change ... it's why people should have very little trust in the narrative put forth by a gov't that has no credibility when it comes to democracy and peace ...
    I don't need mainstream media or propaganda to know Russia's history.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

So you are saying there was no attack... the UN inspectors just fabricated. Everyone's in on the ruse. Got it.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    polaris_x said:

lol
    Do you even time zone?
    11:30 pm April 3rd in New York would be 6:30am April 4th in Syria
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

lol
    Do you even time zone?
    NO! Tim said "case closed". It's closed.

When you put Assad on the headline of your Twitter page, you've got fucking problems. And is that Chavez next to him? Seriously I'm not sure but it may be.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2017
    mrussel1 said:

CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

lol
    Do you even time zone?
    NO! Tim said "case closed". It's closed.

When you put Assad on the headline of your Twitter page, you've got fucking problems. And is that Chavez next to him? Seriously I'm not sure but it may be.
    Except idlib is ahead of New York. Are the Idlib white helmets based out of New York? You guys are confusing me.
    If the tweet came out of Syria 11:30 April 3, would that not make it 4:30 April 3 in New York?
    Dignin - my reply to you was in criticism of the article, not you. It's irresponsible journalism to run a non-story like that, imo. France says they have proof...click....They say they do, but haven't shown it yet. They are investigating. They are telling us nothing new, just underscoring the same old shit, and throwing in those pretty rocket pictures. Most people only read headlines these days - that headline is deceptive - it could be read as 'France has proof' if you were only casually interested(as most are). That was my problem with it.
    Busy, but I still want to get back to you mrrussel.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    In the meantime, let's watch some total bullshit Russian propaganda, from foreign sources we should never trust...Chris hedges, max blumenthal, Ben norton...total Syrian propaganda from lightweight journos. I know it's not as credible as a defector, but please...put it on in the background while ya browse.

https://youtu.be/e6C249jh7wQ
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

lol
    Do you even time zone?

In the meantime, let's watch some total bullshit Russian propaganda, from foreign sources we should never trust...Chris hedges, max blumenthal, Ben norton...total Syrian propaganda from lightweight journos. I know it's not as credible as a defector, but please...put it on in the background while ya browse.

You mean that guy on Pravda TV... I mean Russia Today? Okay dude. It's fucking state run media.
  • Options
    Every time you post one of those, it's pretty easy to retort with the anchor who quits on air for "white washing Putin's actions"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55izx6rbCqg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

Right because there's never been a dictator in history who has killed his own people... totally unprecedented. Boggles the mind, in fact.
    do you have proof syrian elections were fraudulent? on what basis do you identify assad as a dictator? ... the guy who took power within a dictatorship and then reformed the electoral process to free elections of which close to 80% of syrians participated ... why would a dictator bring in elections?

aside from that - you continue to show very little rational ... if Syria/Assad are at war with invading terrorists groups such as Al Qaeda and ISIS - why would he not have used chemical weapons against ISIS? or Al Qaeda? show me some reasoning ...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

axis side?

I don't need mainstream media or propaganda to know Russia's history.
    the issue isn't russian history ... it's us history that you continue to ignore
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

So you are saying there was no attack... the UN inspectors just fabricated. Everyone's in on the ruse. Got it.
    un inspectors did not report the attack ... get some facts please!!! ...
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

lol
    Do you even time zone?
    where the cuss are you getting NY ... idlib white helmets twitter says they are in Syria ...
  • Options
    look up Sir Roger Carr ... not only is he the Vice Chair of the BBC - he's also the chair of BAE systems ... major weapons manufacturer ... nothing to see here I bet for some peeps here ...
  • Options

these guys have offered absolutely nothing in this thread ... like less than nothing ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

They confirmed that Sarin or sarin like material was used. They said it's incontrovertible. No where did I say that they reported it initially. Get some reading comprehension please!!!
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

do you have proof syrian elections were fraudulent? on what basis do you identify assad as a dictator? ... the guy who took power within a dictatorship and then reformed the electoral process to free elections of which close to 80% of syrians participated ... why would a dictator bring in elections?

aside from that - you continue to show very little rational ... if Syria/Assad are at war with invading terrorists groups such as Al Qaeda and ISIS - why would he not have used chemical weapons against ISIS? or Al Qaeda? show me some reasoning ...
    Dictators hold elections. Putin has elections. Iraq had elections. Chavez.. more. The presence of elections is not evidence of a liberal democracy.
    Second, isn't Idlib a terrorist stronghold? You would have to agree to that if you are advocating the implausible theory that it was a weapons depot that held the sarin. Is it so far fetched that Assad would strike the area with sarin and consider the Syrian people collateral damage? Seems far more rational than the concoctions coming out of Russia.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

Dictators hold elections. Putin has elections. Iraq had elections. Chavez.. more. The presence of elections is not evidence of a liberal democracy.
    Second, isn't Idlib a terrorist stronghold? You would have to agree to that if you are advocating the implausible theory that it was a weapons depot that held the sarin. Is it so far fetched that Assad would strike the area with sarin and consider the Syrian people collateral damage? Seems far more rational than the concoctions coming out of Russia.
    If Polaris can't even admit that Assad is a dictator, which is not even up for debate, then getting him to admit Assad used chemical weapons is pretty much an impossibility.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

If Polaris can't even admit that Assad is a dictator, which is not even up for debate, then getting him to admit Assad used chemical weapons is pretty much an impossibility.
    Maybe I'm confused...am I to understand that there are people on here who support Assad?
    A known dictator who doesn't think twice about having his own citizens killed just for having different ideas?
    Seriously?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

Maybe I'm confused...am I to understand that there are people on here who support Assad?
    A known dictator who doesn't think twice about having his own citizens killed just for having different ideas?
    Seriously?
    It's like we have our own Charles Lindberg's on the site..
    And before anyone freaks.. I don't mean in the racial sense, rather the defense of Germany throughout the 30's, regardless of the overwhelming evidence of what was building.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    mrussel1 said:

Every time you post one of those, it's pretty easy to retort with the anchor who quits on air for "white washing Putin's actions"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55izx6rbCqg

Another defector, nice :lol:

the clip I posted is a show hosted by an American Pulitzer winner, interviewing two other Americans, both writers for alternet (a site I deleted from my feeds during the primaries because their pro-Hilary rhetoric was annoying me)...one senior, with a nyt bestseller to his credit. But sure, discredit what they say based on the network, and a totally unrelated incident, without even clicking the link. I'm sure Putin is tellimg Chris hedges what to say.

You said 'the UN inspection said it was incontrovertible evidence'...which investigation was that? no one from the UN has set foot in idlib. Guess who is asking them to? Russia. All western media is based on reports by the white helmets. They have openly cited a doctor who was arrested for kidnapping, and for treating the terrorists who beheaded James foley, without mentioning his past! Your list of 'knows' proved you haven't red theo postol's report. And you won't watch an RT interview full of American Journo's because it conflicts with your beliefs on the matter...which seem to be completely aimless, and only due to your hatred of Russia. Tell me russel, when Assad falls, what happens next? What is your goal here?

Seriously?

Support Assad? I see there are only two shades of grey in the mind of most people when it comes to foreign policy. For us or against, eh dubya? This was the point of my 'allied powers' comment. this war has so many players with so many mixed motives...to group half the players into one team and stand behind them aligns you with a lot of fuckin nasty people you would never support if the US wasn't involved. The same people who will own wide swaths of Syria if Assad falls.
    We won't even talk about the US killing their own citizens, nor what it would look like if civil war broke out in the US. All I'm arguing for is a proper investigation and diplomacy to end the fighting. Silly me.
    polaris_x said:

these guys have offered absolutely nothing in this thread ... like less than nothing ...

when it comes to domestic politics, dems laugh at R's for all their fake news hysteria....but when we talk US foreign policy...? Can't be bothered to look at ANYTHING but state positions and sources that support them....yet they still cry fake news. the time zone posts are a perfect example. Someone makes a bullshit claim, mistakenly, and gets backed up by ppl too lazy to analyze what they're supporting. Then they totally ignore that it even happened and keep plotting along down the same path.

the bipartisanship of the US war machine runs deep
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    An American citizen who worked for RT but quit on air because of RT's lies about Putin, is a "defector"? Okay. Good one.

(CNN)International chemical weapons inspectors have found "incontrovertible" evidence that Sarin gas, or a similar substance, was used in a chemical attack in Syria earlier this month that killed 89 people.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) took biomedical samples from 10 victims of the April 4 attack on Khan Sheikhoun and found indications that they had been exposed to Sarin or a Sarin-like substance.

And yes, I don't read "state news" from a dictatorship. So keep posting RT propaganda and I'll keep shitting on it without reading or watching it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

They confirmed that Sarin or sarin like material was used. They said it's incontrovertible. No where did I say that they reported it initially. Get some reading comprehension please!!!
    dude ... read your quote ...