Options

Syria and the US's Motive

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Why would people clean up sarin gas with just paper masks?

It doesn't line up.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

This was indeed another false flag.

So says Putin. Putin no lie. Putin tell TRUTH!

SAD!
    so ... just because the russians or putin says something ... it's automatically a lie? ... we are supposed to look to Americans for truth? ... in the middle east of all places!? ... you got to be kidding me ...
    Russia has been clowning the world for the last eight years. I'm going to trust western media before I trust 9/11 truthers or Mother Russia
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    This is what happens when you have a bunch of CFR Globalists on your advisory team.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

SAD!
    so ... just because the russians or putin says something ... it's automatically a lie? ... we are supposed to look to Americans for truth? ... in the middle east of all places!? ... you got to be kidding me ...
    Russia has been clowning the world for the last eight years. I'm going to trust western media before I trust 9/11 truthers or Mother Russia
    Two worlds collide
    Rival nations
    It's a primitive clash
    Venting years of frustrations
    Bravely we hope
    Against all hope
    There is so much at stake
    Seems our freedom's up
    Against the ropes
    Does the crowd understand?
    Is it East versus West
    Or man against man
    Can any nation stand alone
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:
    Yeah I think you make a good point about checking into it. I'm not sure what I believe. I'm tired of not finding a place to get information that isnt biased ;)
    why would syria gas their own people!?? ... at a time when the war is turning in their favour? ... this is the act of desperation ...
    Maybe not. It could be the act of a leader that is pissed off at the world and feeling empowered with Big Brother Russia in his corner. He may have thought Trump would continue to do nothing due to Russian ties and his comments in the past. Could just be another narcissist flexing his muscle.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,847
    unsung said:

Why would people clean up sarin gas with just paper masks?

It doesn't line up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin

The most important chemical reactions of phosphoryl halides is the hydrolysis of the bond between phosphorus and the fluoride. This P-F bond is easily broken by nucleophilic agents, such as water and hydroxide. At high pH, sarin decomposes rapidly to nontoxic phosphonic acid derivatives.[23][24] The initial breakdown of sarin is into isopropyl methylphosphonic acid (IMPA), a chemical that is not commonly found in nature except as a breakdown product of sarin (this is useful for detecting the recent deployment of sarin as a weapon). IMPA then degrades into methylphosphonic acid (MPA), which can also be produced by other organophosphates.[25]continues.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

SAD!
    except it isn't 9/11 truthers or mother russia ... what you are railing against are independent media journalists ... people that aren't reporting from turkey (which like Israel also has a vested interest in regime change in Syria) ... people who actually report from inside syria ...

i guarantee you that if you devoted a weekend to researching (from all sides) what is going on in Syria - you would be singing a different tune ... I am also pretty sure you haven't done much reading on this issue except for reading headlines ...
  • Options

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:
    Yeah I think you make a good point about checking into it. I'm not sure what I believe. I'm tired of not finding a place to get information that isnt biased ;)
    why would syria gas their own people!?? ... at a time when the war is turning in their favour? ... this is the act of desperation ...
    Maybe not. It could be the act of a leader that is pissed off at the world and feeling empowered with Big Brother Russia in his corner. He may have thought Trump would continue to do nothing due to Russian ties and his comments in the past. Could just be another narcissist flexing his muscle.
    that is not assad ... this is the guy who brought democratic reforms into syria ... you guys should note that it's not only russia that backs syria ... it's china as well ... although they employ diplomatic means ... china has already accused the UK of lies at the UN security council ...

the other day they passed a UN resolution to investigate attacks in Mosul ... china and russia asked them to do the same in syria but the US/UK alliance vetoed that ... ask yourself why ...
  • Options
    dignin said:

There is a difference between thinking critically and thinking conspiratorially.

To say this was a false flag event is very premature.

saying assad gassed his own people for no reason when he has no chemical weapons and before anyone can investigate is premature ...
  • Options
    people should also ask whether it was a coincidence that the cruise missiles targeted an air base that so happens to have fired anti-aircraft missiles at an israeli airstrike a few weeks ago ...
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    polaris_x said:

people should also ask whether it was a coincidence that the cruise missiles targeted an air base that so happens to have fired anti-aircraft missiles at an israeli airstrike a few weeks ago ...

That's called killing two birds with one stone
  • Options
    people should also know that the airstrike that resulted in sarin gas release was an area controlled by al qaeda ... these are all facts easily found out ... it's just simply not being reported by the msm
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,654
    It doesn't make sense that Tillerson would be saying, just earlier this week, that Syria should choose its leader AND regime change isn't in the cards. And then for the US later that week orchestrate a chemical attack. First, it's lunacy. Second, they are too incompetent to pull that off and third, the Tillerson comments make them appear to be unable to read the situation properly.
  • Options
    The Trump administration was pro-staying out of Syria as much
    polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

SAD!
    except it isn't 9/11 truthers or mother russia ... what you are railing against are independent media journalists ... people that aren't reporting from turkey (which like Israel also has a vested interest in regime change in Syria) ... people who actually report from inside syria ...

i guarantee you that if you devoted a weekend to researching (from all sides) what is going on in Syria - you would be singing a different tune ... I am also pretty sure you haven't done much reading on this issue except for reading headlines ...
    Turkey isn't independent media journalists. They are Syria's neighbor and they are the ones confirming it was a chemical attack.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't make sense that Tillerson would be saying, just earlier this week, that Syria should choose its leader AND regime change isn't in the cards. And then for the US later that week orchestrate a chemical attack. First, it's lunacy. Second, they are too incompetent to pull that off and third, the Tillerson comments make them appear to be unable to read the situation properly.

^^ Agree. We have watched months of incompetence and now the White House has somehow turned into MI6 overnight?

They are just following up on the threat the Obama Administration issued in 2012. Good target selection too. Hit an airbase in an un-populated area. Let them know the hurt stick has been pulled out of the closet and dusted off.
  • Options
    If all the past chemical attacks were done by the terrorists / rebels in hopes of pullling the west into action and the all failed .... why would the terrorists / rebels try doing it again after the White House indicated they were not going to interfere with Syria.

You would have to be a pretty stupid terrorist / rebel to think that would work.

But if your a brutal dictator that maybe didn't turn over all of your chemical weapons and just heard the White House say they were going to be hands off, I'd think that would be a good time to go shooting some chemical weapons.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

If all the past chemical attacks were done by the terrorists / rebels in hopes of pullling the west into action and the all failed .... why would the terrorists / rebels try doing it again after the White House indicated they were not going to interfere with Syria.

You would have to be a pretty stupid terrorist / rebel to think that would work.

But if your a brutal dictator that maybe didn't turn over all of your chemical weapons and just heard the White House say they were going to be hands off, I'd think that would be a good time to go shooting some chemical weapons.

That's actually the theory that Marco Rubio is floating. It's plausible. The argument of "Why would Assad gas his own people" is without merit to me. The whole concept of a civil war in any country flies in the face of "why kill your own people". People always come behind money and power.
  • Options
    Also, why haven't the terrorist / rebels used chemical weapons against Assad in the past. I think Al-Qaeda and ISIS would be pretty jazzed to use chemical weapons in the name of Allah if given the chance. That's shit they aren't gonna just store away for a rainy day.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Also, why haven't the terrorist / rebels used chemical weapons against Assad in the past. I think Al-Qaeda and ISIS would be pretty jazzed to use chemical weapons in the name of Allah if given the chance. That's shit they aren't gonna just store away for a rainy day.

right on...
    Interesting article in Politico re: the Trump trolls. They are very conflicted by this whole thing. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/trump-alt-right-syria-war-214998
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

no one is implying the US orchestrated the chemical attack ... that isn't the case at all ... the US is supporting regime change in the area through funding of terrorist groups ... i'm not suggesting the US orchestrated the attack ... this is most likely a chemical weapons depot for al qaeda ...
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The Trump administration was pro-staying out of Syria as much

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

SAD!

Turkey isn't independent media journalists. They are Syria's neighbor and they are the ones confirming it was a chemical attack.
    re: trump staying out of Syria - exactly!! ... why would Syria want a reason to get US involvement!??
    re: turkey ... turkey is part of the group of nations interested in regime change in syria ... read their conflict with syria ... they are not the independent journalists i'm referring to
  • Options
    Jason P said:

uhhh ... this doesn't make any sense ... chemical attack just happened = US intervention ... so, your theory holds absolutely no water ...
  • Options
    Jason P said:

the terrorists HAVE used chemical weapons in the past ... they are getting them from turkey and iraq ...
  • Options
    again ... why don't y'all spend the weekend and do some research and figure this thing out on your own ... read from all the sources ... see which ones have more evidence and facts to back up the claims ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

the terrorists HAVE used chemical weapons in the past ... they are getting them from turkey and iraq ...
    please note that the msm accused assad of chemical weapons attack in 2013

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/09/16/was-turkey-behind-syria-sarin-attack-2/

that became debunked after some real reporting ...
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

right on...
    Interesting article in Politico re: the Trump trolls. They are very conflicted by this whole thing. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/trump-alt-right-syria-war-214998
    They certainly are conflicted and fuck 'em. I had faith that when push came to shove that Trump would act.
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

right on...
    When it comes to foreign policy the alt-right isn't too different from the Polaris left. Personally I had faith that when push came to shove Trump would embrace a more Kennedy style posture of American Strength. We'll see how this affects Trump amongst the base. My guess is the alt-right, while certainly vocal, does not actually exist in large enough numbers to impact Trump. As everything with Trump...only results will matter.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Boom boom boom... beat the war drums. Trump turned neocon, McCain got his way after him and the Obama administration created ISIS. False flag chemical attack starts another war.

The Obama administration created a sect of Islam called Wahabbism and then backdated its history to fool all of us into thinking it was from the 18th century? Holy crap was Obama diabolical, but oh so effective. You really nailed another one here. The streak of being woefully uniformed continues unabated.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

right on...
    They certainly are conflicted and fuck 'em. I had faith that when push came to shove that Trump would act.
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

right on...
    When it comes to foreign policy the alt-right isn't too different from the Polaris left. Personally I had faith that when push came to shove Trump would embrace a more Kennedy style posture of American Strength. We'll see how this affects Trump amongst the base. My guess is the alt-right, while certainly vocal, does not actually exist in large enough numbers to impact Trump. As everything with Trump...only results will matter.
    Ah yes.. Kennedy and the Best and the Brightest. I appreciate Kennedy's commitment to Civil Rights in the US, but he and his team (notably McNamara) made grievous decisions that cost 10's of thousands of American lives and untold Vietnamese lives.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

again ... why don't y'all spend the weekend and do some research and figure this thing out on your own ... read from all the sources ... see which ones have more evidence and facts to back up the claims ...

The problem here is that both sides will spin whatever evidence they have to make their point. There are zero publications you can read to achieve what you are advocating here. It all comes down to which sources you believe to be more accurate (which unfortunately is usually confirmation bias). The only way to know is to be on the ground. I know that I never believe jack shit about what a Russian publication says.