Full Shows Blocked on YouTube

Comments

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    edited September 2016
    It was Stone ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

I believe it may have been because the videos were using the bootleg audio from the 10C, which, is copyrighted material.....

There are still shows on YT that are using the SBD audio as well that haven't been removed.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,459
    Everybody be cool! Someone made a claim on the Miami show so all were pulled until we figure out what's up. It was BTNs decision. The band nor 10c had anything to do with it to my knowledge, regarding Miami. They have been nothing but cool since it's obvious it's done out of love and not to monetize. If they ever requested that be pulled forever, it would be done.
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Posts: 2,340
    Thanks for clarifying, Matt. I think this thread shows how much appreciation there is for the effort that goes into those BTN videos...and our want to experience as much PJ as possible. Thanks!
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Damn was worried this would happen. For those that don't know YouTube just edited their ToS, and the rules have gotten a lot stricter and a lot more vague. As a creator on YouTube (i have a slowly growing gaming channel as well as a guitar channel) I was well informed of this. Thankfully I haven't been hit yet, but my guitar videos are likely to get taken down like yours (including the full album covers if you remember those).

The good news is that there has been great backlash, and especially from YouTube's most popular channels (PewDiePie has about 48 million subscribers now, and many of his videos have now been demonetized due to "Non-advertisement friendly language") so hopefully they will change the ToS again.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    lolobugg said:

strange because didn't TOTD just use fan shot video from PJ20????

Yes. Their asses were saved on this one. And the same people who recorded TOTD, record a good chunk of the pj videos.

Not to worry, it will all be back. And we are only a week away from the next one.

EH Bacon - I don't pay attention to the TOS, so if you hear anything, let me know please.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    edited September 2016
    mrussel1 said:

EH Bacon - I don't pay attention to the TOS, so if you hear anything, let me know please.

well the problem is that we are using copyrighted music in our videos. This wasn't a problem before, but now that they are demonetizing videos that aren't "advertiser friendly", they are also taking down videos with copyrighted content that they see as a video that the copyright owner would not want to be associated with. Mostly they edit these videos to be muted while the copyrighted content is playing, which is in our case the whole videos.

Now reading that, you would think it shouldn't be a problem right? Wrong. Most systems like this have flaws, and this is not an exception. There have been a lot of cases of clean videos being either muted or taken down. Some of these have been restored, but some have not.

So, basically, we just gotta hope that they don't screw up on us.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • stevedsteved Posts: 657
    edited September 2016
    lolobugg said:

The TOTD video from PJ20 is a combination of Pro footage shot from the pit from the band, with the SBD audio and is filled in with audience footage from many of the filmers that Matt and these guys use for the PJ videos.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Oh.thats why so many videos of my favo list was deleted...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    steved said:

lolobugg said:

The TOTD video from PJ20 is a combination of Pro footage shot from the pit from the band, with the SBD audio and is filled in with audience footage from many of the filmers that Matt and these guys use for the PJ videos.
    very cool. I know you posted something about it before but couldn't remember how much of the audience version was included.
    I have watched the bluray of PJ20 numerous times. it's funny because one of the main shots is right behind my head. literally how I saw the show. thanks to all of you guys that put in the time and effort to make these fan videos. it is appreciated!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    my2hands said:

Short sighted mistake on the bands part...

"Mr. Gecko, how many yachts can you water ski behind?"

• my2hands said:

Short sighted mistake on the bands part...

Why?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ldent42 said:

this is very upsetting. I don't have a working Blu-Ray player, and I don't have a ton of free hdd space either. I was grateful for those youtubes.

JimmyV said:

"I wasn't going to buy the Wrigley Blu-ray but now that they've blocked all the YouTube videos I guess I will."

- No one. Ever.

No lie, only thing this action likely to make me go buy is a blu-ray drive and some blank discs.
    Exactly - bluray drives and blank media prices have dropped considerably. And just because YT is currently void of those videos doesn't mean everyone packed up and went home.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    Sucks hard. :frowning: All that work put into those multicam shows too.... basically down the drain. The brutal thing is that I had a DVD of the Vancouver 2013 one, but gave it to someone else as a gift I think. I figured I could do that since it's on youtube. Fuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    and the gap between how cool this band is and how you can boast to non-fans about their coolness with anecdotes likes this and their lameness in the last 10 years only grows with this display
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,419
    mrussel1 said:

Everybody be cool! Someone made a claim on the Miami show so all were pulled until we figure out what's up. It was BTNs decision. The band nor 10c had anything to do with it to my knowledge, regarding Miami. They have been nothing but cool since it's obvious it's done out of love and not to monetize. If they ever requested that be pulled forever, it would be done.

PJ_Soul said:

Sucks hard. :frowning: All that work put into those multicam shows too.... basically down the drain. The brutal thing is that I had a DVD of the Vancouver 2013 one, but gave it to someone else as a gift I think. I figured I could do that since it's on youtube. Fuck.

They are always available to grab again. Just let me know what you need. I only took them down as a precaution. 90% sure we will put them back up.

ldent42 said:

this is very upsetting. I don't have a working Blu-Ray player, and I don't have a ton of free hdd space either. I was grateful for those youtubes.

JimmyV said:

"I wasn't going to buy the Wrigley Blu-ray but now that they've blocked all the YouTube videos I guess I will."

- No one. Ever.

No lie, only thing this action likely to make me go buy is a blu-ray drive and some blank discs.
    Exactly - bluray drives and blank media prices have dropped considerably. And just because YT is currently void of those videos doesn't mean everyone packed up and went home.
    Everyone should have them on blu ray. The quality is exponentially better since the HD video is not degraded. If this little episode spurs some people to buy a blu Ray burner, then something came from it.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    mrussel1 said:

Everyone should have them on blu ray. The quality is exponentially better since the HD video is not degraded. If this little episode spurs some people to buy a blu Ray burner, then something came from it.

Your 100% correct on that statement. Night and day difference between the BR version Miami show and the YT version.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    mrussel1 said:

ldent42 said:

JimmyV said:

- No one. Ever.

Which show do you guys have next on tap? Still waiting for the Quebec show as I know its probably not the highest on your list. Love the work you guys do. It is much appreciated.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I need a blu ray player
  • I need a blu ray player

Those are even cheaper than a burner! A run-of-the-mill player on Amazon can be found for $35 and up. And with Black Friday around the corner, I'm sure there will be deals galore on one.

Plus, people seem to have forgotten about B&P's.
  • I have no problem with an artist not wanting their product to be given away for free.
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

They are always available to grab again. Just let me know what you need. I only took them down as a precaution. 90% sure we will put them back up.
    Oh, that's good news, thanks! ... I had no idea you were responsible for those. Good work. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

I have no problem with an artist not wanting their product to be given away for free.

Sure, but Eddie has told his fans to just buy one CD and copy it 10,000 times and hand it out, lol. I wouldn't think PJ would have a problem with those vids.
    Anyway, seems like the band had nothing to do with this.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

It's usually the label that has the problem.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

edited September 2016
    UMG, UMe! Think this is the issue definitely!

Through my dealings with them I have no doubt.

They took some MLB footage from PJ20 down today that has no SBD with it that has been up for 5 years.

They asked me to take my TOTD stuff down recently and I understood with the upcoming reissue that made sense, but this was BS. My friends stuff was cool footage that wasn't conflicting with their release, as there was no similar video to it coming out..
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

steved said:

UMG, UMe! Think this is the issue definitely!

Through my dealings with them I have no doubt.

It's usually the label that has the problem.

It's total BS, considering how they are going to profit mightily from that situation. You fucking save their asses and they go and screw all of us.
    Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

Video title: xx
    Copyrighted song: xx
    Claimed by: UMG

View claim details

Why this can happen

Your video might contain copyrighted content.
    Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.
    - The YouTube Team
    I know bud... I will have a word with Jeff (Managing producer and director from the label) about this!!! I spoke with him yesterday! He is going to get an earful from me.. I'm sure he is going to give me some BS response, but I will let him have it and hear what he has to say..