Thanks 10C for the concert lottery system

13»

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    i was 3 for 3 this year in the lotto. it's about picking the right cities.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    the Lotto has helped me get GA twice here in St. Louis and Lexington where otherwise I would have never had the opportunity and im grateful for that
  • I am thankful for the lotto. I won for both Fenway shows, though since my number is high, my seats weren't that great. They could have been worse and I am just grateful that I didn't have to deal with ticketmaster or scalpers. This is one of the best benefits that keeps me paying the yearly membership dues. Now, if they could just get rid of Mail Innovations, we'd really be talking.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    I'm 50% lucky. My local shows are Vancouver/Seattle. Seattle's tough to get tickets for (got shutout in '13) but Vancouver is easy to get tickets for. I feel bad for people that live in the heart of the NorthEast USA. So many people, so many cities, so much ticket demand :(
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    I've been lucky and have won tickets to at least 1 show for every tour I've put in for since they started the lottery. I'm a fan of it. While I didn't mind getting online and trying all day long to get tickets the old way, the lottery is much less stressful. I do agree with those of you saying the GA and reserved should be lumped together and then check a box if you do or don't want GA. I've wanted that since the beginning. Open the box office at like 1 or 2 and then you only have to line up for a few hours instead of people camping out if you get lucky and get GA.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    ponytd said:

I've been lucky and have won tickets to at least 1 show for every tour I've put in for since they started the lottery. I'm a fan of it. While I didn't mind getting online and trying all day long to get tickets the old way, the lottery is much less stressful. I do agree with those of you saying the GA and reserved should be lumped together and then check a box if you do or don't want GA. I've wanted that since the beginning. Open the box office at like 1 or 2 and then you only have to line up for a few hours instead of people camping out if you get lucky and get GA.

Yah never though of that. Keeping GA a secret until you pickup your tickets could help control the GA line a bit.
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
    Zod said:

ponytd said:

Yah never though of that. Keeping GA a secret until you pickup your tickets could help control the GA line a bit.
    I'm guessing people will still camp out super early anyway just in case they do get the GA tickets. It might help. Maybe a little.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Combining GA and Reserved does nothing except help those that want GA and still have a decent chance at a reserved seat imo, Having them split adds more strategy and chances for those that want to go to multiple shows and for those that know how to play the lottery correctly.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    jason_94 said:

Zod said:

ponytd said:

I'm guessing people will still camp out super early anyway just in case they do get the GA tickets. It might help. Maybe a little.
    You get rid of the line by having numbers assigned to you when you pick up tickets and line up according to those numbers. Bruce does it.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    PJNB said:

Combining GA and Reserved does nothing except help those that want GA and still have a decent chance at a reserved seat imo, Having them split adds more strategy and chances for those that want to go to multiple shows and for those that know how to play the lottery correctly.

The rub on that are the people who dont want to sit in reserved with their high number. It would deter them if they are the GA or bust people or the ones with secondary accounts for their wives/BF/GF/Family
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    jdopj said:

PJNB said:

The rub on that are the people who dont want to sit in reserved with their high number. It would deter them if they are the GA or bust people or the ones with secondary accounts for their wives/BF/GF/Family
    Thats what is so great about the odds though. If you want to go GA only then you are really rolling the dice to get into the building especially in a tough market. If you are happy to be in the building though then you have almost 100% odds in most of the markets to get seats as your first pic. I know there are some that lost as their first pic but a simple switch of nights would have fixed that in most cases. Also lumping it together would penalize those that like to play it safe and pretty much guarantee themselves a foot in the door. I see where you are coming from with your comments and the ways that the system can be abused but I just feel like its almost perfect. Then again I am a high number lol.