Thanks 10C for the concert lottery system

Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I used the venue presale this morning and got first section on the floor, 10th row, Flea's side. No problems at all.
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
    Zod said:

BCBA said:

Imo the pj system would be nearly perfect if ga and reserved were 1 pool and ga were chosen randomly and you find out if you are in ga when you pick up your tickets. Then regulate the ga line like springsteen does.

Yah, that's how I feel about it. The double draw creates weird outcomes where some fans get two pairs before one fan gets a single a pair (a result of choosing ga show 1/reserved show 1 while another person chooses reservered 2/reserved 1). Other than that I think it's pretty fair. You can't use hometown restrictions because PJ doesn't tour that thoroughly, so many fans would never see them. You can't go by seniority because anyone who got a membership in the 21st century would never get tix either. Doing lotto's as a single draw and randomly giving people GA would fix the two before one issue, and make it more fair for everyone. Every other suggestion I've read like (like locals first, or seniority first) makes it better for some while make it less advantageous for others. Not cool if that's the outcome.

The Springsteen thing is wierd though. The whole point of the springsteen one is to select who gets into the pit. The whole floor is GA, and then theres a pit section at the front. It feels weird for the 10c to need to do it, as the pit tix are predetermined... I get the positive side effect of making it pointless to lineup, but it's heart is picking who gets to be in the pit.
    I agree with just about everything the 2 of you said.

However, my take on the GA/res split is that I wish there was one choice for each show. Then we could (for lack of better term) check a box if we wanted considered for GA or not.

So, if there are 1,000 GA pair & 4,000 reserved pair available, Ten Club would draw 5,000 names. Of those 5,000 names, they could draw 1,000 names from the list of people who checked the box.

Just a thought.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850

Seniority should get you more entries

Jesus, don't say that!! I've been saying the same thing for a long time and all I heard from the wonderful people on the board is "long time members and their sense of entitlement" blah blah fucking blah. I was never shut out of any shows I wanted to go to until the lottery came along.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    edited September 2016
    StevieG said:

Jesus, don't say that!! I've been saying the same thing for a long time and all I heard from the wonderful people on the board is "long time members and their sense of entitlement" blah blah fucking blah. I was never shut out of any shows I wanted to go to until the lottery came along.
    I have only been a member for over 5 years..... but I feel bad for people whom have been members since the "beginning" getting shut out. Reason is, people are entitled because they have been paying membership dues for all those years. I wonder how much an "original" member has paid year over year total?
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019

StevieG said:

I have only been a member for over 5 years..... but I feel bad for people whom have been members since the "beginning" getting shut out. Reason is, people are entitled because they have been paying membership dues for all those years. I wonder how much an "original" member has paid year over year total?
    Having an old 10c # is like gold. In what shows do you get shut out if you do reserved as your first priority? Certainly not any normal shows. So the longtime members are virtually guaranteed amazing seats, for at least one show on each tour. And probably multiple shows on the tour if they use reserved as their priority selections. I don't understand how that isn't enough of an advantage.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,686
    edited September 2016
    It seems that a lot of RHCP fans haven't bought tickets for major tours in a long time. If at all.
    They're losing their shit over there!! :angry:
  • First fan-club pre sale I got last row in the lower bowl on the far end of the rink...they better wear some brights socks so we can see em!

Kinda crappy the presale sold the worst possible expensive price ticket (119cdn per plus tax/sc) for the 'fan club' presale. Another plus of the 10Club is that the reserve seating is half decent at least. Plus the other huge plus with PJ is that all tix are the same price and cheaper than these (in RHCP defense, the prices are still pretty decent).

And really, am I gonna bitch when they play Scar Tissue or Give It Away? I sure as hell hope not!

What I'm trying to say is that Pearl Jam, and the 10 club pretty much are awesome and we are lucky that they are so accommodating and listen to the fans as much as they do. RHCP is pretty decent at that as well, and still not in PJ's ballpark.

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • It seems that a lot of RHCP fans haven't bought tickets for major tours in a long time. If at all.

Its amateur hour over on their message board. Also this notion of refreshing the ticket page from 945am until 1000am is just silliness. I saw a lot of that type of stuff posted. You can obviously tell time, why not refresh it at 959am?
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • It seems that a lot of RHCP fans haven't bought tickets for major tours in a long time. If at all.

Too bad more bands are moving to the 10C lottery type system...perhaps PJ has a lot more sway with the venues and promoters to be able to do as much as they do.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Scored 2nd row for RHCP in Lincoln through fan club tickets!!

2nd row FROM THE BACK ROOF.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I love the lottery as well. I also love GA because selfishly that's the only way I'll ever be able to get close to the stage. I let my fan club number from the 90's expire and now with my new number which is very high, my seats are nothing special when I get reserved seats. To be honest, I wouldn't probably continue my membership if it weren't for GA. I can get equivalent to my reserved seats on ticketmaster. I'll also admit that I have won just about every GA I've put in for, which is typically pretty easy for the west coast shows :) So thank you 10 club.
  • Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Having an old 10c # is like gold. In what shows do you get shut out if you do reserved as your first priority? Certainly not any normal shows. So the longtime members are virtually guaranteed amazing seats, for at least one show on each tour. And probably multiple shows on the tour if they use reserved as their priority selections. I don't understand how that isn't enough of an advantage.
    I don't think you understand how it works.....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Zod said:

BCBA said:

Imo the pj system would be nearly perfect if ga and reserved were 1 pool and ga were chosen randomly and you find out if you are in ga when you pick up your tickets. Then regulate the ga line like springsteen does.

Yah, that's how I feel about it. The double draw creates weird outcomes where some fans get two pairs before one fan gets a single a pair (a result of choosing ga show 1/reserved show 1 while another person chooses reservered 2/reserved 1). Other than that I think it's pretty fair. You can't use hometown restrictions because PJ doesn't tour that thoroughly, so many fans would never see them. You can't go by seniority because anyone who got a membership in the 21st century would never get tix either. Doing lotto's as a single draw and randomly giving people GA would fix the two before one issue, and make it more fair for everyone. Every other suggestion I've read like (like locals first, or seniority first) makes it better for some while make it less advantageous for others. Not cool if that's the outcome.

The Springsteen thing is wierd though. The whole point of the springsteen one is to select who gets into the pit. The whole floor is GA, and then theres a pit section at the front. It feels weird for the 10c to need to do it, as the pit tix are predetermined... I get the positive side effect of making it pointless to lineup, but it's heart is picking who gets to be in the pit.
    It seems the 2 pools of tickets for GA and Reserved favors new members, members who buddy up and have spouses they can or will sign up. It seems that a lot of high 10c numbers go for GA, while low #s settle for guaranteed great reserved seats. As a member caught kind of in between, joined in 2003, I feel like my seat location for reserved has been pushed back quite a bit and I am in no-man's land. If I go for GA, I'm in with a 5% chance. Go for reserved, I am looking at back side of the floor. I believe an even bell-curve distribution of the GA pit is the way to go and would be fairer.
    Folks who don't want to be in the GA draw could opt out, either with a separate SKU or a check box.

The Springsteen method was just a way to prevent 2,000 people from flooding the ticket windows the second they open, and to maybe mitigate the ever-increasing time-frame people are waiting in line. Maybe they can send email notification to GA people with the general rules the day prior to the show.

Sarava said:

StevieG said:

What don't I understand? People were getting reserved on the last tour with 4th and 5th selections. And if you get the reserved, you get seated by 10c#, whetehr it was your first or 6th selection...which for longtime members are amazing seats. What part didn't you understand?
  • Sarava said:

Sarava said:

StevieG said:

What don't I understand? People were getting reserved on the last tour with 4th and 5th selections. And if you get the reserved, you get seated by 10c#, whetehr it was your first or 6th selection...which for longtime members are amazing seats. What part didn't you understand?
    10club number doesn't improve your chance of being selected for any show, or any choice of seat. True once your selected your seats are better. Your previous post made it sound like old 10club numbers have an advantage on being selected for shows. That is not the case at all. Member number 1 and member number 10000000 have the same chance of being selected for shows. True people were getting reserve on fourth and fifth choices but that was not because of their member number.
    Oh I know that. The thing is, old members have no need to play the GA lottery like newer members do. Just sit back and take your reserved, which will be amazing seats. And if you do want GA, you could easily find someone to trade. I tried to trade my Wrigley 2 GA's for top notch reserved and didn't find any takers here.

That said, I understand if you live in NYC or Philly for example, then yeah you won't be getting reserved with 3 or 4th selections. But you would in most other areas. My Lexington reserved seats were from the 5th selection if I remember right.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    jason_94 said:

Zod said:

BCBA said:

I agree with just about everything the 2 of you said.

However, my take on the GA/res split is that I wish there was one choice for each show. Then we could (for lack of better term) check a box if we wanted considered for GA or not.

So, if there are 1,000 GA pair & 4,000 reserved pair available, Ten Club would draw 5,000 names. Of those 5,000 names, they could draw 1,000 names from the list of people who checked the box.

Just a thought.
    That was what I was trying to say :) Stop the double pull, and do a single lotto for each show (and a button to click if you want to be included in the GA draw). As you said this would completely prevent people from getting two pairs before a 10c'er got 0 (ga1/res1 vs res2/res1 kind of thing). It would also keep GA people from knowing they got GA until the day of the show. It would make it harder for people to barter for them, scalp them etc... I think keeping seat location secret until day of show has helped eliminate some of this.

MayDay10 said:

The Springsteen method was just a way to prevent 2,000 people from flooding the ticket windows the second they open, and to maybe mitigate the ever-increasing time-frame people are waiting in line. Maybe they can send email notification to GA people with the general rules the day prior to the show.

It really does make the time before the show really nice. Instead of standing in line you can go, hang out, have some beers etc.... I wouldn't complain if PJ introduced it, but it's sad if they too. I've still gotten pretty good locations in the pits without the need for it, but even with Wrigley I noticed we had to line up earlier day 2 than day 1 just to get the same spot.
  • Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Not true

Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Not true
    Yah you get decent seats if your a long time member. I still consider "amazing" seats to be the GA section which anyone can get. So there's that :) I guess it depends on your definition of amazing. To me it goes:

Fucking Awesome! - First 5 rows
    Amazing: Rows 6 to 10
    Decent: Rows 10 to 20 or Side Stage Tix
    OK: The first few sections of the the wings
    meh: Back half of the floor
    sub-meh- the rest of the lower bowl
    nosebleeds: back half of the upper bowl

So there's no way you can get fucking awesome, amazing, or decent tickets unless you get GA :)
    Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Toronto Reserved seating as my first choice, lost
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • StevieG said:

um last show of that leg of the tour and only 1 show in TO !
    ya gotta believe the demand was massive, right?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Sarava said:

Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Not in places like nyc, philly, Boston, Toronto....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

StevieG said:

um last show of that leg of the tour and only 1 show in TO !
    ya gotta believe the demand was massive, right?
    Um ya, and three people I know that joined in the last couple of years won tickets. I think I deserve a slightly better chance than new members. Just my opinion though
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • StevieG said:

Thats the success of the lottery..dont always the same people win fan club tickets
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10 said:

Sarava said:

Sarava said:

StevieG said:

Not in places like nyc, philly, Boston, Toronto....
    Places like that u just need to get tix...demand is huge..all knows it
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • People like me goes to more than one shows per tour lottery is a pain in the ass knowing u cant win multiple shows cos of demand and priorities..
    But is fair..its easy..its fast and throw the cheaters out of the window..
    Guy thought of it as i said alot of times needs to get double salary
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2016
    BCBA said:

No thanks, i have zero interest in GA...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • I've seen some grandfathered in senior members complain, but I think it's great. I've had some real luck with it and it gives many fans a chance to get in front at least once in their lifetime who otherwise would never get there.

The GA section is a great opportunity too...if you're lucky enough to get it and really want it bad enough (willing to wait all day), you can be in the front too.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think we are mostly done with high demand shows anyway, except for when they finally played Red Rocks 15 years from now.. I think we will just be going to some weird smaller places in the US on road trips from now on, those are always the best time and best shows in my opinion... And of course still go to our local Philly shows but fuck these other major cities and tough tickets, I like easy lottery wins lol