Brangelina Over!

2»

Comments

• I'll admit that I've cheated before. Almost 7 years later and I still haven't forgiven myself. Will I do it again? I can honestly say that I wouldn't. And mine wasn't your typical situation. More on that in the bipolar thread. I don't feel like diving into that.
    So, I think that a cheater can learn from their error and not do it again.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515

I'll admit that I've cheated before. Almost 7 years later and I still haven't forgiven myself. Will I do it again? I can honestly say that I wouldn't. And mine wasn't your typical situation. More on that in the bipolar thread. I don't feel like diving into that.

I wonder how many of us have cheated.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • I see a therapist on the reg, and she puts it at about 2/3 of Americans cheat. The kicker? She says that is on the low end.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    Malroth said:

I'll admit that I've cheated before. Almost 7 years later and I still haven't forgiven myself. Will I do it again? I can honestly say that I wouldn't. And mine wasn't your typical situation. More on that in the bipolar thread. I don't feel like diving into that.

I wonder how many of us have cheated.
    not I!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    and I've got women throwing themselves at me on a regular basis :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I'll admit that I've cheated before. Almost 7 years later and I still haven't forgiven myself. Will I do it again? I can honestly say that I wouldn't. And mine wasn't your typical situation. More on that in the bipolar thread. I don't feel like diving into that.

I agree that they can learn from their mistakes. But I also know that more often than not it is a repeated offense. It's sad, but very true.
  • Malroth said:

RKCNDY said:

why is everybody shocked? why is angelina surprised? if Brad was willing to 'canoodle' with her while he was married to Jen, then he is willing to canoodle with another lady.

I don't see any truth to this or any of the "cheaters always cheat" lines.
    Believe me, there's more truth in that last line than you think!
    "cheaters ALMOST always cheat", especially if they say they aren't. :giggle:
    So in the end, Mal actually had it right.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,523
    leave it to the Post

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Time for Brad to go into full Leo mode!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

leave it to the Post

Jesus, is that real??? So distasteful and tacky, even for the NY Post. SMH.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited September 2016

I see a therapist on the reg, and she puts it at about 2/3 of Americans cheat. The kicker? She says that is on the low end.

Yeah, sounds right from what I've read. Supposedly it's about 80% of men and 50% of women.
    I have personally never cheated and can't see myself ever doing so. I think those stats are probably real, but I can't say I understand why. This apparent widespread willingness to cheat makes no sense to me. I don't get how the urge could be so important that it couldn't wait for a breakup. I personally think that betraying someone is the lowest you can go. If you're going to cheat and know it would be a betrayal of someone who loves you, have some respect for them and you and dump them first or ask for an open relationship. If you're not willing to do that, then have some self-control and don't fucking cheat. It's not hard if you have any real sense of right and wrong and some self-respect.

Anyway, why are we talking about cheating? Did Brad Pitt cheat again?? I thought she dumped him because he smokes pot, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,523
    PJ_Soul said:

I see a therapist on the reg, and she puts it at about 2/3 of Americans cheat. The kicker? She says that is on the low end.

Yeah, sounds right from what I've read. Supposedly it's about 80% of men and 50% of women.
    I have personally never cheated and can't see myself ever doing so. I think those stats are probably real, but I can't say I understand why. This apparent widespread willingness to cheat makes no sense to me. I don't get how the urge could be so important that it couldn't wait for a breakup. I personally think that betraying someone is the lowest you can go. If you're going to cheat and know it would be a betrayal of someone who loves you, have some respect for them and you and dump them first or ask for an open relationship. If you're not willing to do that, then have some self-control and don't fucking cheat. It's not hard if you have any real sense of right and wrong and some self-respect.

Anyway, why are we talking about cheating? Did Brad Pitt cheat again?? I thought she dumped him because he smokes pot, lol.
    different reports. one says she hired a PI and they caught him cheating with his current movie costar. others say it's pot and alcohol abuse.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.