Options

Who inducts PJ into the RRHOF

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,972
    Huh. With the classic lineup of the Smashing Pumpkins seemingly reforming for shows next year, I wonder if they will be inducted as well (hell its possible they have been given the heads up by the HOF, hence Billy reconnecting with James and Darcy). I could see the HOF doing a big 90s nostalgia year. I mean, this thing is basically industry politics, right?

NIN will probably get in next year too.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,469
    Emily Armstrong
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 93
    How has this name been missed? It has to be.....

Mookie F'ing Blaylock himself
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    I could see Carrie Brownstein
  • Options
    twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 93

How has this name been missed? It has to be.....

Mookie F'ing Blaylock himself

nevermind......forgot that he is currently incarcerated.
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Cameron Crowe kind of annoys me. His infactuation with the band and his commentary hurt the PJ 20 movie in my eyes. I hope it's someone else
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,573
    edited August 2016
    jp307677 said:

Cameron Crowe kind of annoys me. His infactuation with the band and his commentary hurt the PJ 20 movie in my eyes. I hope it's someone else

I agree, as far as him and doing work related to PJ goes. He's way too much of a fanboy to have done a documentary about them IMO, and I think that really shows in PJ20, which was a major disappointment for me. Someone who is more impartial or at least willing to push back when the band isn't totally comfortable is needed for that kind of thing. However, that has no relation to induction for the hall of fame.... but I would prefer the person for RRHOF to be a musician. Someone who influenced the band musically, or worked with them on a music level, and not on a PR/media/movie level (although TBH I really don't give a shit, lol. I never cared who inducted whom for this. Makes no difference to me).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    edited August 2016
    i think it should be cornell, but has he ever inducted anyone? he may not be comfortable doing it.

if not cornell its gotta be either young neil, bruce or bono. id be very surprised if its not any of those 4. bono has always had great things to say about pearl jam.
  • Options
    I think Neil makes the most sense.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Cliff from Citizen Dick.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Cliff from Citizen Dick.

Winner!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    Steve Miller was upset the Black Keys inducted him. So it might be someone we might not have thought of
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Maybe next time, Steve will think twice about taking the money and running.
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    A live web feed of fans across the globe. We will induct them and give them the proper thank you they deserve.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Chris Cornell
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    edited August 2016
    mrpink90 said:

i think it should be cornell, but has he ever inducted anyone? he may not be comfortable doing it.

if not cornell its gotta be either young neil, bruce or bono. id be very surprised if its not any of those 4. bono has always had great things to say about pearl jam.

Don't like Bono. There's a quote a few pages into the Pj20 book where Bono basically says U2 and Pearl Jam are the biggest acts in rock. Came across as egotistical on his part, imo. Full of himself.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Yeezus
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Sawyer??
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    The Ghost of South America.

"why now you don't inducting?"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ and the Jacket are without a doubt my 2 favorite bands. I am curious as to why some think Jim James would be a choice.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Isn't it usually someone who was influenced by the artist?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited August 2016

mrpink90 said:

Don't like Bono. There's a quote a few pages into the Pj20 book where Bono basically says U2 and Pearl Jam are the biggest acts in rock. Came across as egotistical on his part, imo. Full of himself.
    I never understand why people that say this crap about Bono. The guy has founded or co-founded several activist organizations which help educate & fight against plights such as poverty, AIDS, unfair trade, etc. I've lost count how many benefit concerts he has played or appeared. This ONE man does more for the damn world than most world leaders do.
  • Options

mrpink90 said:

I never understand why people that say this crap about Bono. The guy has founded or co-founded several activist organizations which help educate & fight against plights such as poverty, AIDS, unfair trade, etc. I've lost count how many benefit concerts he has played or appeared. This ONE man does more for the damn world than most world leaders do.
    I used to think this (ego) as well, but I came around to believe what you just wrote here. I think he is just aware of his own potential power/influence (that's not egotistical, that's just awareness of your reach), and uses it for good.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

So Scott Stapp it is.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Tiki said:

So Scott Stapp it is.
    roflmao
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,573

mrpink90 said:

I used to think this (ego) as well, but I came around to believe what you just wrote here. I think he is just aware of his own potential power/influence (that's not egotistical, that's just awareness of your reach), and uses it for good.
    I agree. I don't know why people hate on Bono the way they do either. I can't think of a single thing he's ever done that is wrong or that suggests he's a bad person. But I think of a LOT of things he's done that have helped people. He really seems beyond reproach to me in this sense. So he said that U2 was one of the biggest bands in the world? Well, I guess he's an honest person, because he was right! If U2 wasn't one of the biggest bands in the world and he said that, then maybe such a comment could be criticized.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jp307677 said:

Wrong man for the job.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,069
    edited August 2016
    Isn't it traditon to have a younger person doing it?

Would be cool if Neil Young did it. Eddie inducted him so :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"