Options

What the F*#K? Just picked up my Camden 1 tix...

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
They're practically lawn! I'm going to be happy to see them either way, but these seats are bordering on ridiculous. I probably could have gotten better seats through Ticketmaster. Very disappointing...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    is this a 10c ticket?
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    They're practically lawn! I'm going to be happy to see them either way, but these seats are bordering on ridiculous. I probably could have gotten better seats through Ticketmaster. Very disappointing...

Well I'm sure a lot of low number members are going to these shows. What's your number?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941

you were vedderoffgoingthroughTM
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    They're 10C Tix, but I do have a high number, but that must mean that almost EVERY SINGLE non-lawn seat were reserved for the fan club! It
    s crazy.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    you were vedderoffgoingthroughTM

LOL!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Believe me, everybody. I hate being 'that guy'. I LOVE this band SO much, and after this tour I'll have seen them 10 times. It was just a total shock when I saw our seat location.
  • Options
    Believe me, everybody. I hate being 'that guy'. I LOVE this band SO much, and after this tour I'll have seen them 10 times. It was just a total shock when I saw our seat location.

it has to be better than my section 201 row 10 for tomorrow night though, didnt plan on going tomorrow night and didn't try for 10C and bought them through TM. :o
  • Options
    just out of interest sake, what is your number??
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    They're 10C Tix, but I do have a high number, but that must mean that almost EVERY SINGLE non-lawn seat were reserved for the fan club! It
    s crazy.

Well they have to give Ticketmaster at least a few rows that are moderately close up. So a lot of it is 10c reserved and a little of it is just regular Ticketmaster seats.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    it has to be better than my section 201 row 10 for tomorrow night though, didnt plan on going tomorrow night and didn't try for 10C and bought them through TM. :o

Nope. They're section 200. So much for the fans
  • Options

I'm on the lawn. Wasn't planning on going either, initially.

My question is how fast does the lawn fill up? I've seen other shows where it kinda slowly fills up. Do PJ fans rush in?
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I'm on the lawn. Wasn't planning on going either, initially.

My question is how fast does the lawn fill up? I've seen other shows where it kinda slowly fills up. Do PJ fans rush in?

I have no clue.... I have only been to that venue for PJ shows, times that I've been there for the front of the lawn people are usually there since doors open...

front of the lawn back of the lawn still the same, i rather do back of the lawn I can relax and not rush and lay down on the grass if I want to, still lawn is pretty far away so I dont think it really matters where you stand in my experience, I was on the lawn once at the WPB amphitheater...
  • Options
    400K. I know it's high. But don't promise "the best seats in the house are reserved for fan club members" if you can't deliver. These are Ticketmaster tickets. I've spent a TON of money over the past 5 years on merchandise and tickets. It's just disappointing is all. But nothing I can do about it. We're going to enjoy the show.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ved ....

where ar eyour tix? I want to take a peek on LiveNation.com to see where you are ...

sorry ... grab a beer ... and realize you'll be rockin out in a few hours! :)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    400K. I know it's high. But don't promise "the best seats in the house are reserved for fan club members" if you can't deliver.

Reading the ticket announcement, it doesn't appear the 10Club promised you anything:

"Since the beginning of the Ten Club, Pearl Jam has been dedicated to making sure that fans get priority seating whenever possible. Sometimes, there are circumstances beyond our control that limit our ability to do this. But we go to bat for you...and most of the time, we find a way."

Key words: "whenever" and "possible"
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Reading the ticket announcement, it doesn't appear the 10Club promised you anything:

"Since the beginning of the Ten Club, Pearl Jam has been dedicated to making sure that fans get priority seating whenever possible. Sometimes, there are circumstances beyond our control that limit our ability to do this. But we go to bat for you...and most of the time, we find a way."

Key words: "whenever" and "possible"

Yeah - give the guy a break though...it sucks. I have been there. Just hope he ends up appreciating that being in the venue is what's important. There is a guy on here looking to unload 10th row. Ditch your seats for $40 outside and meet up with him!!
  • Options
    mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
    I couldn't get 10c tix at all for tonite & only lawn thru tm but did like that thru 10c could reserve tix for 2nd show before it was confirmed. Just happy I'll be there tomorrow & that Eddie showed up during encore of REM show last nite :) Hope tonite was great!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    mjb wrote:
    Yeah - give the guy a break though...it sucks. I have been there. Just hope he ends up appreciating that being in the venue is what's important. There is a guy on here looking to unload 10th row. Ditch your seats for $40 outside and meet up with him!!

It does suck to an extent. I didn't mean to trivialize. (It also makes me fear for the shittiness of my seats at MSG).

But I'm sure there's a reason for it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Thanks for not DESTROYING me everyone. Just wanted to vent. We have tix to tomorrow's show as well as MSG 1 so hopefully we'll have decent seats to one of those.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    400K. I know it's high. But don't promise "the best seats in the house are reserved for fan club members" if you can't deliver. These are Ticketmaster tickets. I've spent a TON of money over the past 5 years on merchandise and tickets. It's just disappointing is all. But nothing I can do about it. We're going to enjoy the show.

I am glad you realize you can still enjoy the show...worst thing is to go into a show with a bad attitude.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    ved ....

where ar eyour tix? I want to take a peek on LiveNation.com to see where you are ...

sorry ... grab a beer ... and realize you'll be rockin out in a few hours! :)

Section 200
    Row P
  • Options
    Thanks for not DESTROYING me everyone. Just wanted to vent. We have tix to tomorrow's show as well as MSG 1 so hopefully we'll have decent seats to one of those.

lol, i wouldn't hold my breath for MSG1, will be a huge fan club contingency there, and 400 is a very high 10C number
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    next time around I'll buy the tix I want off of ebay
  • Options
    (It also makes me fear for the shittiness of my seats at MSG).

i have the fear..... im 350xxx and there are 400 people registered for those shows on touringfans. d'oh!

lottery (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    Let's see. 7000 seats in the venue means 3500 pairs. There are 400,000+ 10C member numbers before yours. You don't think there might be 3500 active members within east travel distance of Camden? Even in the last row of seats, there are still 18,000 people behind you.
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    Sometimes they screw up. I have 179XXX which is usually good for row 12-20 depending on the city and venue, but in Albany they stuck me on the side of the stage, basically level with Mike's right ear. Overall the view sucked, the only cool thing was the behind the scenes action -- tuning guitars, etc. But it was my birthday, the set blew me away, they played Rats, the poster rocks and I'll never forget it.

Based on recent history I think tonight will be an amazing show. Think of the little kids in the Congo who have NO PJ tickets tonight.
  • Options
    shawnb199 wrote:
    Let's see. 7000 seats in the venue means 3500 pairs. There are 400,000+ 10C member numbers before yours. You don't think there might be 3500 active members within east travel distance of Camden? Even in the last row of seats, there are still 18,000 people behind you.

Bro, I understand the mathematics of it all, I'm just venting...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    shawnb199 wrote:

yeah, only 7k seats, place is pretty small ... is that right? wow.

seats aren't horrible, here's teh venue, you can check out the seating map guide and pics.

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/107
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    next time around I'll buy the tix I want off of ebay
    Point of reference: For MSG there are currently only 2 pairs of tix available on eBay that are on the lower level. They're both behind the stage, and the cheaper of the two has a starting bid of more than twice face value. 10C is taking care of you, it's not their fault that you're at the bottom of the list of thousands of 10C members (all of whom get better seats than those that are available to the public).
  • Options
    Bro, I understand the mathematics of it all, I'm just venting...
    Understood. I think it'll all be moot later anyway, because you're about to see the best concert of your life.