Options

25 Days of Pearl Jam @ Easy Street Records

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912

easystreetrecords .. Many have been thinking that this beauty might come tomorrow on the final episode of the #25daysofpearljam, but nope, it's today! Feast your eyes on #pearljam #liveatbenaroyahall 4 LP #redvinyl set with poster. It is an opened, un-numbered promo copy and it's a beauty. #holygrail #tenclubonly #askupstairstoseeme #2000numberedcopies #whatcouldtomorrowbring

What will #25 tomorrow be?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,579
    edited September 2016
    Okay, these Easy Street prices are officially insulting now, lol. $2000 for a Benny (unnumbered promo)? $150 for Let Me Sleep, and $500 for RVM?? Wtf?? $400 I could see, but damn.... Where is Easy Street getting these albums? Unless they are actually acquiring them through eBay themselves and then reselling for only a small profit, this is nuts and not cool. If that actually is what they're doing, then that would be even worse, because they are just taking them right out of the hands of fans and reselling them to fans for even higher prices, which would be the definition of flipping.... Anyway, whatever, it's not like I'm buying any of these, but Christ, I thought Easy Street had vinyl people's best interests in mind kind of (while still maintaining a good business of course). But making this stuff so expensive contributes to raising the prices for those items right across the market, not just at their store.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    demetrios said:

easystreetrecords .. Many have been thinking that this beauty might come tomorrow on the final episode of the #25daysofpearljam, but nope, it's today! Feast your eyes on #pearljam #liveatbenaroyahall 4 LP #redvinyl set with poster. It is an opened, un-numbered promo copy and it's a beauty. #holygrail #tenclubonly #askupstairstoseeme #2000numberedcopies #whatcouldtomorrowbring

:peace:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Guess i'll list my gently used one for $1500!
    Thanks Easy Street
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Okay, these Easy Street prices are officially insulting now, lol. $2000 for a Benny (unnumbered promo)? $150 for Let Me Sleep, and $500 for RVM?? Wtf?? $400 I could see, but damn.... Where is Easy Street getting these albums? Unless they are actually acquiring them through eBay themselves and then reselling for only a small profit, this is nuts and not cool. If that actually is what they're doing, then that would be even worse, because they are just taking them right out of the hands of fans and reselling them to fans for even higher prices, which would be the definition of flipping.... Anyway, whatever, it's not like I'm buying any of these, but Christ, I thought Easy Street had vinyl people's best interests in mind kind of (while still maintaining a good business of course). But making this stuff so expensive contributes to raising the prices for those items right across the market, not just at their store.

I told ya......
    Life is Pricey on Easy Street lol
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    demetrios said:

My guess is one of the variants of PJ20 vinyl.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

demetrios said:

This was my guess too. Some sort of PJ20 Vinyl.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Benny. Called it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    PJ_Soul said:

besides your entire post being spot on can someone please explain to me why this stuff is so expensive? rare? limited quantity?

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,851
    Might PJ goods be donated from band to Easy Street as act of benevolence for the store to make money (albeit at inflated rates)?
    Might tomorrow be an in-store performance by Ed or the full band? :time_out:
  • Options
    So is Easy St getting these from someone in the Pearl Jam inner circle/mgmt? Kinda disappointing if they are and are fine with the markups. Whoever is setting these prices is on crack.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    That's retail for ya
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Today is day 20 of the #25daysofpearljam and it's a special one! Offered up is an original vinyl copy of #motherlovebone #shine complete with the 13 pieces of memorabilia that arrived with it. There's the original fan club letter from Andy that talks about #apple album and the forthcoming tour (sigh), merch catalog, original hand written note from fan club (from Danny?), copied #rocket articles after Andy's passing, a copy of an autographed a 8x10 and more

So now copies of signatures sell for $500? That's insane
    The vinyl is going for about $100.
    mfc2006 said:

I will never own Benny. Ridiculous prices at Easy Street, eBay, etc, etc.

I wish they'd just reissue it. I just want to play the fucking album.

I probably won't own Benny either...they should re-release it on silver vinyl for the 25th anniversary or something.
    Did a long hard search and was able to get Let Me Sleep for $20 about 5 years ago.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    demetrios said:

DAMN! I'm glad/lucky the record store I found mine in wasn't so greedy.
    These prices seem just a bit off to me.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    That's does seem expensive? Don't they usually top out around $1200 to $1600 on Ebay in sealed mint condition? I don't think I've seen one go for $2k before.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    Not even numbered....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Not sure why all the complaining about the prices. If it's too high, or you dont like it, don't buy it.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

demetrios said:

This was my guess too. Some sort of PJ20 Vinyl.
    Now I'm thinking a signed copy of Live at Easy Street CD for $4000.00
  • Options
    25th day might be the sampler 7" set?

I can't picture them owning a Reeek?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912

I'm guessing either PJ20 glow in the dark vinyl or Ten 1990-1992 7" sampler.

Adam over @ Easy Street probably owns a Reeek. Would be shocking if he sold it, if he had it for today's Easy Street PJ day.
  • Options
    Whatever it is it's going to more expensive than the Benny.
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    MedozK said:

RobbyD462 said:

MedozK said:

Damn, I need to sell my sealed copy.
    You should I'm sure you have all the songs anyways.
    Buy yourself something nice;)
    Ha, yea. I think Man of the hour is the only one, not somewhere else on vinyl. There might be more I don't know.
    I believe MOTH is also on the Benaroya album...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Adam over @ Easy Street probably owns a Reeek. Would be shocking if he sold it, if he had it for today's Easy Street PJ day.
    Pardon me but what is reeek?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407

demetrios said:

Pardon me but what is reeek?
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2005/08/24/reeeink-roink-its-ok-to-mess-up/
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    Maybe a blue Vs.? Those always go for a mint (assuming you can find one).
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Well, it looks like we've come full circle in our #25daysofpearljam, back to Ten, where it all started 25 years ago. Actually, today predates the release of Ten by a bit, it's called "Reeenk Roink," and it the advance CD of Ten that the band gave out to press, radio & retail. Best guess is there were 50-200 of these made and they were handed out spring-summer of 1991. Check out the piece on twofeetthick.com for more info. Thanks to everyone for coming along on this promotion with us! Thanks mostly to #pearljam for the 25 years of great music- here's to 25 more! #reeenkroink #disp001152
  • Options
    Zod said:

Maybe a blue Vs.? Those always go for a mint (assuming you can find one).

Like this one?

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

Well, it looks like we've come full circle in our #25daysofpearljam, back to Ten, where it all started 25 years ago. Actually, today predates the release of Ten by a bit, it's called "Reeenk Roink," and it the advance CD of Ten that the band gave out to press, radio & retail. Best guess is there were 50-200 of these made and they were handed out spring-summer of 1991. Check out the piece on twofeetthick.com for more info. Thanks to everyone for coming along on this promotion with us! Thanks mostly to #pearljam for the 25 years of great music- here's to 25 more! #reeenkroink #disp001152

price?

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

Price? Is it sold already? (not that I would be buying)
  • Options

Price? Is it sold already? (not that I would be buying)
    No Idea, that didn't mention one, maybe it isn't for sale?