Options

Third Man Package Arrived!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Replacement received. Just listened to it. Oh heavens, it is perfect.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Third Man sent me two copies, when I ordered/paid for one, so I contacted them about the error. They sent me a replacement vinyl, because the original one had a slight warp but still playable, as well a a paid postage to return the extra vault. So today this shows up in my mailbox, just absolutely blown away by the Third Man customer service.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options

Third Man sent me two copies, when I ordered/paid for one, so I contacted them about the error. They sent me a replacement vinyl, because the original one had a slight warp but still playable, as well a a paid postage to return the extra vault. So today this shows up in my mailbox, just absolutely blown away by the Third Man customer service.

TOP SHELF
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Awesome! I got two by accident too, and didn't do anything about it because I assumed they wouldn't give a crap and i didn't want to pay shipping to return it..... Kind of feel like a dick now, if this means they actually care about getting it back. I have good eventual plans for the extra that involves charity, but now I wonder if that would be the wrong thing to do. :confounded: Opinions, anyone?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    PJ_Soul said:

Awesome! I got two by accident too, and didn't do anything about it because I assumed they wouldn't give a crap and i didn't want to pay shipping to return it..... Kind of feel like a dick now, if this means they actually care about getting it back. I have good eventual plans for the extra that involves charity, but now I wonder if that would be the wrong thing to do. :confounded: Opinions, anyone?

nope. it's cool. Jack isn't hurting for $$$.
    it was really cool of the other poster to return their extra but put it to a good cause and pass on the love.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I have received duplicates from TMR Vaults twice - TWS Amazonian Nights (they actually mailed me 3 copies) and Loretta Lynn Van Lear Rose. I emailed TMR both times and let them know I'd be returning them. They were super appreciative in their email reply and quickly reimbursed me for the shipping costs. But I never received a thank you "gift" like I've heard about so many other times..

No sour grapes, just interesting...
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Interesting. Well, it was a very nice gesture on their part.
    I'm not out for a gift (since i don't have a display setup or anything, there is nothing I could think of doing with stuff like that - if it doesn't having music coming out of it I'm good, haha). I just don't want a hint of "theft" on something I want to use towards charity. :lol: But thanks Lolobugg, you've put my mind at ease. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    years ago I received two vault packages and they emailed me asking if I'd return it and they'd "make it worth my while".

sent the item back and I got a coupon for 10% off their on-line store. :lol::lol::angry:
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    Got my replacement in and it was perfect. They even ensured that the vinyl wouldn't get warped with 4 pieces of cardboard around it. Such great customer service!
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    How long did it take you all to realize there is a "secret" run-out track?
  • Options
    wg said:

On what, the LP? I guess no time, since I have an automatic turntable, so whatever plays on the LP got played, lol. But I didn't notice any secret track in particular... Though I wasn't following along with the track listing, so I guess wouldn't have known the difference unless the dead space between the tracks is really long.... Hmm.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    wg said:

Are you referring to the crowd noise that plays on the lock in groove?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    There were the Lazaretto crows on it at some point too, but I can't remember if it was at the end of the album or not.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

wg said:

Are you referring to the crowd noise that plays on the lock in groove?
    yeah... nothing too special. but it took me 10 spins or so to finally discover it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I was gifted this beautiful wax and I have to say side 2 is amazing. Side 1 is a little off for me as that is the worst version I have heard of Pendulum( a song I love) and the sound was off on MYM even though the band was tight. I do love it though, so hard! I also really dig the picture album.
    :hug: to my present giver.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

I was gifted this beautiful wax and I have to say side 2 is amazing. Side 1 is a little off for me as that is the worst version I have heard of Pendulum( a song I love) and the sound was off on MYM even though the band was tight. I do love it though, so hard! I also really dig the picture album.

So Hard!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    onejourney...onejourney... Posts: 248
    edited October 2016

I honestly don't think there is a "bad" version of Pendulum. But I do get what you mean. This song plays so much better with the ambiance a large arena offers.

I personally think Of the Girl would have been a GREAT opener for this set. Curious to hear what you or others would think of a different opener.

Either way, this might be on my top 3 Pearl Jam vinyl releases...
    Post edited by onejourney... on
    here for the music...
  • Options
    leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    edited October 2016

I agree, side 2 is incredible. I received mine in Brazil last week, and I like it so much I wish they could do a different one every year... 2017: live and unplugged at TMR / 2018: Live at TMR (new songs only, screw the studio album) / 2019: PJ singles live at TMR... and so on :lol:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735

I honestly don't think there is a "bad" version of Pendulum. But I do get what you mean. This song plays so much better with the ambiance a large arena offers.

I personally think Of the Girl would have been a GREAT opener for this set. Curious to hear what you or others would think of a different opener.

Either way, this might be on my top 3 Pearl Jam vinyl releases...
    I didn't say bad, I said worst version I've heard. =) But I agree it is missing that haunting essence that is achieved in the larger venues. That was the first thing I noticed.
    I think Of the Girl would be played better in the club setting and it would have great opener for this set.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.