Options

Hartford 6/27/08 Tailgate thread

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    bildo703 wrote:
    I am going to Bonaroo, Camden, then Hartford
    where and when is tailgate and or afterparty?

to be honest, i just wanted to make the thread :D i just assumed the tailgate party was at the venues parking lot???? haha
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I'm taking a "newbie" with me to this show. I just got him into the band about a year ago, and he is psyched to be going. I hope to meet up with with some of you guys before the show, so he gets to see how much of a tight community this really is.

Anyone planning on bringing a laptop or somehow getting online when you get to Hartford? How do you figure where everyone will meet up? Pick a place in advance?
  • Options
    PJgirl01PJgirl01 Posts: 21
    Definitely going to Hartford! Got tickets to the last show in MA to. If anyone needs a ride to Mansfield after Hartford i'll be driving straight there. Hope to meet some crazy fans like myself!
    They just dont understand what it means to love some silly little peice of music, or some band, so much that it HURTS.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    butterfly1 wrote:
    I'll be there

(but Nick Fotiu will always be a Ranger)
    Next to Adam Graves, he is my favorite player
    I actually grew up a Whalers/Rangers fan. We had season tickets back in the 70's-80's and my father was a big hockey fan. I have pictures of me with all sorts of players from back in the day (Colleen Howe wrote an article once about how my brother and I reminded her of Mark and Marty)...many with Nick Fotiu and even some at charity softball games etc. I met him as an adult when he coached with the WolfPack. It sucks that the NHL left Hartford, but at least I got the Rangers' farm team in my backyard.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    How can we leave out Brian Lawton??? 1st US born player to ever go #1 in the NHL draft. We graduated from the same high school, but my hockey career never made it past beer league.
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Next to Adam Graves, he is my favorite player
    I actually grew up a Whalers/Rangers fan. We had season tickets back in the 70's-80's and my father was a big hockey fan. I have pictures of me with all sorts of players from back in the day (Colleen Howe wrote an article once about how my brother and I reminded her of Mark and Marty)...many with Nick Fotiu and even some at charity softball games etc. I met him as an adult when he coached with the WolfPack. It sucks that the NHL left Hartford, but at least I got the Rangers' farm team in my backyard.

That is very cool--I heard somewhere that Nick is around in the tri-state area, IIRC, maybe doing construction or something like that. AG was an ultimate Ranger and is good guy too.

I have tix to Hartford now the issue is whether to take my wife (shes a huge fan no issue there) and if thats the case, my daughter too. Since I just have 2 10c, I am thinking buying a GA on the lawn for my daughter and all 3 of us lawning it.
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    sign me up
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    me...

anyone actually walking to the venue from a hotel?

thinking about it...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    me...

anyone actually walking to the venue from a hotel?

thinking about it...

I'll be walking from the Motel 6.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    butterfly1 wrote:
    That is very cool--I heard somewhere that Nick is around in the tri-state area, IIRC, maybe doing construction or something like that. AG was an ultimate Ranger and is good guy too.

I have tix to Hartford now the issue is whether to take my wife (shes a huge fan no issue there) and if thats the case, my daughter too. Since I just have 2 10c, I am thinking buying a GA on the lawn for my daughter and all 3 of us lawning it.

The lawn with your daughter may be kind of rough, no?

little story:
    I met Adam Graves at an open practice in hartford (took day off from work). My wife made a sign that said 'my husband named our son after you'...after a half flattered/ half damn! look he tossed a puck over the glass. When they were finished with practice and leaving the ice I waited to get my son his autograph. He took my sharpie, signed his stick and handed it to my son. Very cool guy indeed.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    booked my spot at the Motel 6 on Westin St., check in at 12

will have a good afternoon to have some pre-show drinks and then a nice little walk up the road to the venue
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Sylvain Turgeon....Mike Rogers....Pat Verbeek....Ron Francis......Kevin Dineen........

I lost all my old banners during a move....N.E. Whalers,Winnipeg Jets,Quebec Nordiques, Phoenix Roadrunners, Birmingham Bulls, Minnesota North Stars...86 playoffs (F*&%ing Claude Lemieux), 87 Adams Division.....argh

I think if I look hard enough, somewhere in my parents attic is my old peter sidorkiewicz jersey. i was like 10 at the time so it will probably fit like a tube top at this point.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    I think if I look hard enough, somewhere in my parents attic is my old peter sidorkiewicz jersey. i was like 10 at the time so it will probably fit like a tube top at this point.

awesome, Sidorkiewicz

he had the old school Eastern Europe goalie mask, lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    booked my spot at the Motel 6 on Westin St., check in at 12

will have a good afternoon to have some pre-show drinks and then a nice little walk up the road to the venue

See you at the hotel. I'll be the drunk guy in the funny hat
  • Options
    I'm going, I'm down.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    just an fyi...we are currently nailing down Sweet Janes on Pratt Street for the Preparty...with shuttles to/from the Meadows... :cool: stay tuned...

and i can't believe no one has mentioned blaine stoughton???
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    will there be a pre-preparty shuttle to/from the motel 6?
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    will there be a pre-preparty shuttle to/from the motel 6?

no you can walk it from there...an easy hike...plus it's on the other side of the venue.

this brings up a great point though...for those who want to tailgate, have at it. the preparty, however, is another option for folks to do something else before the show. many folks who stayed at the hilton and the crown plaza were at the preparty because once they got back to sweet janes they could stumble back to the hotel.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    no you can walk it from there...an easy hike...plus it's on the other side of the venue.

this brings up a great point though...for those who want to tailgate, have at it. the preparty, however, is another option for folks to do something else before the show. many folks who stayed at the hilton and the crown plaza were at the preparty because once they got back to sweet janes they could stumble back to the hotel.

looking forward to seeing you at hartford steve and hopefully msg.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    looking forward to seeing you at hartford steve and hopefully msg.

ditto my friend!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I'm liking the pre-show plans coming down the pike

looking forward to being around a bunch of PJ fans before the show to counter my 8 hour solo (most likely) drive to Hartford
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    I will be there, but I will drive back home since I live in Bridgeport!
    i love pj and i live in trumbull.....any extra tix
  • Options
    BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    Im in....

The Motel 6 seems like a good idea since I've been reading some pretty rude stories about leaving that lot after a show.

Are there any bars / hangouts within walking distance after the show? Once our car is parked it's staying until Sat.

Can't wait
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    motel 6 it is!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    i love pj and i live in trumbull.....any extra tix

just wondering, did you go to trumbull high?
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    I'll be there! :)
  • Options
    ill be there too!
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options

HOLY CRAP!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:D

We're toastin' Baileys baby! Baileys! YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    smarchee wrote:
    I'm liking the pre-show plans coming down the pike

looking forward to being around a bunch of PJ fans before the show to counter my 8 hour solo (most likely) drive to Hartford

hmmm, maybe you can follow us there?!

just looked at tecumseh on a map and you really aren't that far from us...maybe just over 1 hour.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options

cool, I'll be able to thank you in person for the Hayden mp3's

:o
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto