Options

HELP - Collection to help Given to Live present a Wrigley Merch Package to Joshua - prizes added

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
edited August 2016 in The Porch
Dear all, many of you will have read the journey that Given to Live have taken young Joshua on, its a journey that is both heartwarming and inspiring.

For those who havent it can be read about here: -

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/258394/updated-joshua-lbc-sailing-into-wrigley-a-vet-and-another-makes-a-dream-reality#latest

I wanted to reach out again and see who's with me in helping Tom of Given to Live (www.giventolive.com) give Joshua some items from the merch to cement the memories from this trip. Seeing Pearl Jam is said to be like Christmas for Joshua, but without the unwrapping, but when Is Christmas really Christmas without some gifts?

Tom does a wonderful job on a limited budget, and getting an applicant to a show in the USA for a second time (as opposed to keeping his operation within the UK) is a great achievement. However I know he would love to go that one step further and make sure the young man gets a goodie bag to really cap off the day. The donator of the tickets can never be thanked enough already and it is already shaping up to be another amazing day for this incredible young fan, so this is purely meant as the icing on the cake.

For those who haven't seen the posting from earlier this year when Joshua went to the Philly show, well everything you need to know is here: -

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/251578/who-sings-for-pearl-jam-my-friends/p1

I was thinking it would be nice if we could present Joshua with: -

the event T shirts
Sticker, pin, patches, penants, keychain etc
Poster
Some cards
hat

etc

It wouldn't take a ton of cash, so if anyone wishes to donate a few $ to help set this up, I know Given to Live and Tom would be eternally grateful. You can rest assured there will be a full write up of the experience posted here, with photos etc. Tom is already on the ground in Chicago putting the final arrangements in place and making things run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for reading..... Don't worry about the merch lines, we can take care of that. And to top this off I will be trying to get a setlist and a bunch of picks to heighten that smile.

TO donate - please simply PM me and I'll supply the details

There are 5 of the poster artworks designed for GTF available - signed by the artist. These will be sent out by Tom randomly to 5 people (regardless of donation size) who contribute to this endeavour either financially or by bumping and supporting the thread
Post edited by pdalowsky on

Comments

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Thank you, Paul :)

You've supported GTL right from the beginning and I so appreciate this, thank you :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    There are 5 of the poster artworks designed for GTF available - signed by the artist. These will be sent out by Tom randomly to 5 people (regardless of donation size) who contribute to this endeavour either financially or by bumping and supporting the thread
  • Options
    That would be the poster on this page here: -

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/258394/updated-joshua-lbc-sailing-into-wrigley-a-vet-and-another-makes-a-dream-reality/p2

check the detail which is super cool, the little riot act men etc
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Donation sent. Great work guys!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Fuck yeah. PM-ing now.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    PM sent as well.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    thanks guys
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Great idea - good luck in those merch lines!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Shall be pm'ing as well.

Is there a way to also get some sort of merchandise to the vet who helped / gave in this process?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Great idea, Hedo!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Shall be pm'ing as well.

Is there a way to also get some sort of merchandise to the vet who helped / gave in this process?

I've set aside a signed poster for him :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Once again, well done!
  • Options
    More items i didn't need arrived today
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Great initiative!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Thank you everyone, you truly are Forces of Good Nature ✌
    Given To Live -

• Options

Sorry, wrong thread! :lol:
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Nice B! :rofl: ^^^^^
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options

Thought you were offering Joshua some FNM stuff :)
    Given To Live -

• Options
    Tom I hope you got your queuing shoes packed. 6 hrs for merch ... You'll think you were going for the barrier !!
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Wow! Touching story all around. Can't wait for Joshua to rock out at Wrigley! What an inspiring boy! Don't it make you Smile! Hope they play LBC Monday night for him.
  • Options
    IamTom said:

If he is into vinyl I have some goodies. :)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    edited August 2016
    What sized t-shirt does this kid wear? I have some brand new Ames Bros. shirts that need a home. Mom and Dad could put them to use at the least.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

What sized t-shirt does this kid wear? I have some brand new Ames Bros. shirts that need a home. Mom and Dad could put them to use at the least.

I just asked mum to confirm size (she's no idea why, thinks it's for his Merch on Monday) and got this back -

Adult small is big on him so it's perfect. Plenty of room to grow. Luckily bc he's in a chair, we get away with stuff being big so I always buy bigger so he wears longer.

Given To Live -

• Options

IamTom said:

If he is into vinyl I have some goodies. :)
    He's into Pearl Jam! Format not important :)
    Given To Live -

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

Tom I hope you got your queuing shoes packed. 6 hrs for merch ... You'll think you were going for the barrier !!

6 hrs in the queue n I'll need a knee op before long
    Given To Live -

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    IamTom said:

I just asked mum to confirm size (she's no idea why, thinks it's for his Merch on Monday) and got this back -

Adult small is big on him so it's perfect. Plenty of room to grow. Luckily bc he's in a chair, we get away with stuff being big so I always buy bigger so he wears longer.

PM me a place to mail em' and I'll get that out this weekend.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

IamTom said:

PM me a place to mail em' and I'll get that out this weekend.
    Sent ✌
    Given To Live -

• Options
    awesome
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Bump for a friend