Did the Cubs sell their soul?

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

If I was accused of choking/hitting my wife then shooting a gun in my garage out of anger, I would have no expectation that my company should keep me on board.

I enjoyed watching Chapman pitch and I was more or less fine with the trade, but I found myself hating cheering for him.

I would hope my company wouldn't fire me if i did something similar. But would not be surprised if I was fired. Shouldn't I have the opportunity to get another job if I served my sentence?
    Well yes. I am not saying he should not have the opportunity to play. I am fine with any private company making employment decisions that they feel is in their best interest .That said, the thread title is "did the cubs sell their soul?" and while perhaps a bit dramatic, I don't think anyone can deny that they did.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

If I was accused of choking/hitting my wife then shooting a gun in my garage out of anger, I would have no expectation that my company should keep me on board.

I enjoyed watching Chapman pitch and I was more or less fine with the trade, but I found myself hating cheering for him.

I would hope my company wouldn't fire me if i did something similar. But would not be surprised if I was fired. Shouldn't I have the opportunity to get another job if I served my sentence?
    Yes. But you might be looking at a completely different career. My employer hires people with felony convictions but not until 7 years after they've served their sentence.
    Sure, but I don't throw a ball 104mph. Chapman does. Not all guys get that second chance. Ray rice comes to mind.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985

Yes. But you might be looking at a completely different career. My employer hires people with felony convictions but not until 7 years after they've served their sentence.
    Sure, but I don't throw a ball 104mph. Chapman does. Not all guys get that second chance. Ray rice comes to mind.
    If you're one of the greatest linebackers of all time, you can commit murder (allegedly), and still play.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Gtilley8 said:

If you're one of the greatest linebackers of all time, you can commit murder (allegedly), and still play.
    He was acquitted. Right?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418

Well yes. I am not saying he should not have the opportunity to play. I am fine with any private company making employment decisions that they feel is in their best interest .That said, the thread title is "did the cubs sell their soul?" and while perhaps a bit dramatic, I don't think anyone can deny that they did.
    kind of funny when a Yankees fan talks about teams selling their souls to win. :rofl:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418

except Ray Rice was caught on tape doing it. Seeing it and hearing about it are way two different animals (pun kind of intended).
    pjhawks said:

kind of funny when a Yankees fan talks about teams selling their souls to win. :rofl:
    Yes, indeed. The Yanks are a regular who's who of degenerates.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985

pjhawks said:

Well, Steinbrenner WAS a convicted felon. There's that.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Gtilley8 said:

pjhawks said:

Well, Steinbrenner WAS a convicted felon. There's that.
    Ha, that there is. Over a 100 year plus history they have certainly had their share of dirtballs, including their most famous owner, only for 25 years or so though, hahaha.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Interesting discussion. Sounds like people deserve a second chance, as long as they're a professional athlete signed by your team.

That's not at all what I said.
    I wasn't singling you or anyone out. I was observing what seems to be the gist of the thread.
    i'd say it's common in general ...
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Did they sell their soul if they don't win the world series? Is the cubs soul worth two wins in the second round?
    Do you need an Angel Pagan on your team to sell your soul? I just don't know...I will ponder indefinitely.........
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    yeah.....you do need an angel pagan :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    park premeditated.....!! great foundation.....good folks..