Options

Chicago Transit

2»

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,415

Thanks for the help chitownp76, much appreciated!....just wondering if buying a Ventra pass for 3 days would be the way to go? How do those work exactly? I think I saw that you could purchase one and get unlimited access on the CTA lines for 3 days or something for $20.....going with a friend so would it be best for us to each purchase one or cheaper to pay as you go? Thanks again!

Depends how much you plan on using the CTA. It's $2.25 per ride, but I think they may charge you for an actual card. So if you'll be here for 3 days taking the el, it's prob worth it just to get the 3 day unlimited.
    I just got a 3 day and they didn't charge me the $5 for the card, ordered it online 10 days ago. They do credit the $5 for the card back when you first use though.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Thank you to all for the great advice!

OP- get the Ventra app. Works for Metra trains to and from the city and the CTA L trains and busses. You can buy single use tix or ride packages right on your phone. How's that for free advertising?!

Earthquake-I believe your are staying on the Magnificent Mile. You can take the the Blue Line L train to Clark and Lake and walk or cab it to Michigan Ave. where I'm guessing your hotel is at. After that to and from the show you can pick whatever mode of transportation you want. Traffic will suck anyway you go about it.

Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    We'll just be riding Saturday. Gotta drive back Sunday morning.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Lizard said:

I am landing at the midway airport and going to Days Inn on Diversey.... i see google maps says to take the orange line to the brown line BUT I am thinking of just paying for a shuttle since we will have luggage and who wants to lug that around on the CTA... Are the trains usually way crowded??

Depends on what time u take them, I would do it anyway, but honestly traffic during rush hour is the worst, I'd take the CTA all day over cab/shuttle/taxi
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2