Obviously EV is not Pearl Jam BUT....

2»

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141

MUZIK said:

It's like comparing peaches to Apple's.

How you gonna compare an acoustic solo version of parting ways to it being with the full band?

Or any song for that matter.

I know some of you are trying to get songs checked off your list but it's night and day people.

Nigh and day.

Night & Day, spot on.

Can't Keep is not the same song to me without the drum intro, McCready's slick guitar wail or the bassline.

It's nice to hear Ed play a stripped down solo version, but until I hear PJ play it as a band, I don't feel like I've heard the original version as it 'should be played'.
    Well, technically, the solo uke version is the original version. Ed played two shows in 2002 out west where he debuted several Ukulele Songs as well as Thumbing My Way. He played I Am Mine as well but I think it's official debut was full band at a Bridge School Show.
    If that's the case, then I'll stand corrected. I came to know the riot act version first.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    I count them all
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    I can see how certain songs would be tempting to cross off, especially the acoustic stuff. These lists are all just personal stats anyway so to each their own. For me though...two separate lists.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LCLC Posts: 278
    Around the Bend is the biggest one I could cross off.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    1. EV is Pearl Jam more so than ever. Lightning Bolt was mostly an EV solo record.
    2. If an EV solo performance completes a live album for you, say I'm Open and No Code, I say count it.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761

MUZIK said:

How you gonna compare an acoustic solo version of parting ways to it being with the full band?

I know some of you are trying to get songs checked off your list but it's night and day people.

Nigh and day.

Night & Day, spot on.

Can't Keep is not the same song to me without the drum intro, McCready's slick guitar wail or the bassline.

It's nice to hear Ed play a stripped down solo version, but until I hear PJ play it as a band, I don't feel like I've heard the original version as it 'should be played'.
    Well, technically, the solo uke version is the original version. Ed played two shows in 2002 out west where he debuted several Ukulele Songs as well as Thumbing My Way. He played I Am Mine as well but I think it's official debut was full band at a Bridge School Show.
    If that's the case, then I'll stand corrected. I came to know the riot act version first.

MUZIK said:

Nigh and day.

Night & Day, spot on.

It's cool, man. You should seek out those Ed shows from early 2002. It's where he did Sleepless Nights with Beck. All Tonmorow's Parties is what the show was called I think.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557

MUZIK said:

Nigh and day.

Night & Day, spot on.

MUZIK said:

Nigh and day.

Night & Day, spot on.

It's cool, man. You should seek out those Ed shows from early 2002. It's where he did Sleepless Nights with Beck. All Tonmorow's Parties is what the show was called I think.
    The one with Beck and Mike Ness was the Concert For Artists' Rights at the Wiltern on 2/26/02. All Tomorrow's Parties came a couple weeks later on the UCLA campus.