New Album

2»

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,160
    Edved007 said:

raindog80 said:

No new album until 2019, maybe 2018.
    Just my 2 cents.

I'm sad to say I agree. There will be Soundgarden and TOTD focus, and a good break for the band, etc. The fact is that putting out albums doesn't make any money. I understand the argument that they need new material to do a big tour...but they just sold out 4 baseball stadiums in no time with no new material in 3 years, so that really doesn't hold. They can tour Europe (festivals with some arena shows mixed in), S.A. again, and Australia with no new album and draw huge crowds. Shows + merch make money, music doesn't. Pains me to say that, I want new material of any kind in the worst way, but I just don't think there is any sense of urgency at this point to actually get it done. Let's not forget they don't have a boss to answer to at the record company like the old days about putting out "x" albums in "x" amount of time either. They'll do it when they are ready/want to, and I think that would bee a couple years out yet.
    +1.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • PapPap Posts: 28,819
    raindog80 said:

Pap said:

My 2 cents: New album first, then

deftones said:

Euro tour summer 2017.

Ah, well said! :bee:
    :hang_loose:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    It would just seem to make synergistic sense to get another album out there with the buzz of their induction next year. I know plenty of bands go in with no new album but PJ is a currently much more active than a lot of bands that go in. That said, I could totally see no album as well.
  • I'd love if they held off until after the temple of the dog tour. it would be cool to see some of that magic rub off on them a little in the studio.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    I wouldn't be holding my breath for a new album anytime soon unfortunately. I'd think TOTD and other smaller projects will take precedence for a while. Maybe throw in a tour or two in the next calendar year. Australia and Europe is all speculation. If they came to Australia it's normally Feb/March or November just going on previous tours. Their last visit was January but that was festival related. Hopefully a September / October newsletter may have tour news if Australia is in the plans for early '17. Haven't heard many rumours here (Australia) though.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    To anyone saying they prefer more touring before a new album, this band is a collection of five wildly talented artists. What makes someone an artist? Creating. Creating new sounds, visuals, etc.
    The live thing is fun and all, but you're at a peak as an artist when you're tucked away creating and pushing yourself.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,819
    ^ So true...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,453
    Whenever the new album is, I just want it to be weird. Can't sort out my thoughts perfectly right now, but I feel like LB seemed the safe route with a lack of variety through the whole album. I am craving some more really creative, weird the first couple of listens and then you pick up on the genius after a few times, dog growling to kick off the track (rival), maybe Ed kind of droning over the song (all or none) type songs.

Maybe someone will get what I mean, maybe not. Still trying to process my thoughts. But, I still have a lot more songs I want to hear live. New material in the mix makes it even harder to get them, so I say bring on the tours.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016