Options

Baseball Stadium Summer Residency Tradition Going Forward

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tiki said:

just my opinion...I love Fenway, and had a great time there, but unless they set the stage up behind 2nd base or on the mound, the idea of a rock concert at a baseball field or any stadium for that matter kind of blows. It's great for the 3% that are up in the first 25 rows from the stage, but what about everyone else? What about all those obstructed views and all of those people that are just way too far away even see what's happening without the screens? I mean, I'm as big a fan as anybody, have a pretty terrible 10club number, my seats were 6 rows up from the field in between the 3rd base bag and the wall. For a game...no better seats in the building, seriously. For a concert, meh.

as amazing as "the experience" was with my family, I wouldn't do it again unless I was in GA. I'd be more likely to put in my lotto picks for the smaller college dedicated hoops buildings with the 10 to 16k capacities, like Charlottesville, Lexington, or Columbia.

The pro basketball (but really pro hockey) arenas like in DC or PHL or Boston Garden, or the sheds would be always second, festivals and baseball stadiums prob last.

I wouldn't go to a football venue.

sir, i couldnt agree more. but some of those basketball arenas are huge too. Rupp arena in lexington is the largest basketball venue in the country. over 24,000 for games. at that PJ concert people were packed to the rafters, no way they could see anything. i guess to some being in the building is all that matters. for me, i want to feel like im part of it...not viewing from afar.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,011
    I def over estimated Lexington's size. Hampton, nice. Charlottesville, nice. Phoenix AZ, same deal as Lexington, cavernous, huge.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,011
    Closer is way better. GA is the best, 3 deep.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I'd rather leave stadium shows to a band like U2. Don't get me wrong; stadium shows are an experience but unless you're GA you really miss out. Arena shows seem to have more energy and even the worst seats in the building are better than the best non-GA seats in a stadium show.
  • Options
    jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75

If this starts to become a new thing for the band, what is the next logical stadium they could take over? I'd say Dodger Stadium would be a good next choice just due to its history. Would love to hear you all's picks and why.

Red Bulls stadium. Go Red Bulls!!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    CopperTom said:

Dodger Stadium would be cool.

What about other iconic sport venues such as Lambeau Field, Cameron Indoor Arena, Allen Fieldhouse, etc? I'd dig those.

Dodger stadium is a NIGHTMARE for concerts, so hard to get in/out....since on top of the hill. Even though this would be close, NO WAY!
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    Seeing the Fenway 1 video and actually seeing what the band members were doing sort of pushes to toward wanting my next show to be at a more standard venue. The ballparks were a lot of fun and the atmosphere is tremendous. But my reserved seats (238xxx) at Wrigley (and "regular" seats at Fenway) did not really allow me to see much. The stage was in view but I was just too far away.

My last hockey rink show gave me a much better view (3rd row near red line, Stone's side).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,931
    I don't think there's any worry about them doing a full fledged stadium tour. 4 out of 25 dates isn't too bad. I enjoyed the hell out of Fenway (both up in the RF roof deck for N1 and on the field for B2. I would absolutely do it again.