Options

Best way to get to Fenway??

I'm coming form outside Boston. I think driving would be a bitch and parking would be expensive. I'm wondering if I should drive to just outside and then take an Uber in. Or should I try to drive to a T stop and take the T in. I rarely go to Boston or Fenway. What would be the easiest????
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    We'd have to know from which direction you're coming to be of assistance.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Where outside of Boston? the train is the easiest thing. If you are north you can get to Alewife and take the Red line to Park st and then the green line (anything but an E train). From the south Braintree has a garage and North Quincy has a big lot, you can do red line from there to park st and then switch to green line.

from the West it's a bit trickier but you could park at Riverside and take the green line in and get off at the Fenway stop. I used to do that when I lived in Waltham and went to sox games.
  • Options
    I'm coming from RI, sorry bout that
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    same question, coming from Phila?
  • Options
    withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    edited August 2016
    For RI person is it tomorrow's show? You can park at South attleboro and take the commuter rail in to Back Bay. Less trains than the T of course. Or drive to the red line Quincy.
    Post edited by withflyingcolors on
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Practice
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Check out the MBTA website. I would suggest driving to a commuter rail stop and taking that in. If you are coming from the south they go to Back Bay which is about a 20-30min walk for most people. I'm a fast walker so it usually takes me 15. I believe all the T stops that have parking indicate that on the site as well as how many spots. There are a lot of garages in the area which range from $20-60. There are a number of BU ones that are reasonable and about a half mile away. Check the BU parking site for locations and times
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    Does the Boston Logan Airport allow Uber pick ups? I know some cities do not. Flight gets in tomorrow at 830
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options

Does the Boston Logan Airport allow Uber pick ups? I know some cities do not. Flight gets in tomorrow at 830

I've used Uber from there before. Whether they allow it or not I don't know.
  • Options
    Redrumh2o said:

Check out the MBTA website. I would suggest driving to a commuter rail stop and taking that in. If you are coming from the south they go to Back Bay which is about a 20-30min walk for most people. I'm a fast walker so it usually takes me 15. I believe all the T stops that have parking indicate that on the site as well as how many spots. There are a lot of garages in the area which range from $20-60. There are a number of BU ones that are reasonable and about a half mile away. Check the BU parking site for locations and times

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide between driving to Quincy and taking the T from there. Or taking an Uber from quincy. What do you think would be better?
  • Options
    Dirty BubbaDirty Bubba Boston Posts: 32

I have heard of some issues with Uber at Logan. You can take an airport shuttle to the Blue Line and take that inbound to Government Center. From there take any of the Green B/C/D lines (NOT E) to Kenmore stop and you are a 5 minute walk to the park
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

According to Uber, they do:
    https://www.uber.com/airports/bos/
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    They only allow certain Uber vehicles w Massport stickers do pickups at the airport:

https://www.uber.com/boston-drivers/driver-tips/bos/

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290

Redrumh2o said:

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide between driving to Quincy and taking the T from there. Or taking an Uber from quincy. What do you think would be better?
    I am north shore person so I have never been down there, and I have never used Uber lol. The only bad thing with the T is its a real poop show when concerts/games get out....long wait to get on a train
  • Options
    Redrumh2o said:

As a local, and an employee with a parking pass at BU, I would second this. The further garage/lot you use the cheaper it will be. If you are especially lazy, there are T stops further up campus you can take down to the Kenmore stop
  • Options

Redrumh2o said:

As a local, and an employee with a parking pass at BU, I would second this. The further garage/lot you use the cheaper it will be. If you are especially lazy, there are T stops further up campus you can take down to the Kenmore stop
    Hmm what about traffic driving all the way up there to get to the BU lots and then the traffic getting out??
  • Options

Redrumh2o said:

based on traffic, the T would be faster.
  • Options

I'm coming form outside Boston. I think driving would be a bitch and parking would be expensive. I'm wondering if I should drive to just outside and then take an Uber in. Or should I try to drive to a T stop and take the T in. I rarely go to Boston or Fenway. What would be the easiest????
    Thanks

I'm coming from RI, too. Take the exit off of 95\128 north for the Riverside T-stop. Instead of taking a right off the exit to go to the T station, take a left, then your first right after you go back over the highway. There is a little neighborhood there where you can park (just don't block driveways). Then it's about a 5 minute walk to the Riverside T. From there, a 20 minute ride to the Fenway T stop.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options

Redrumh2o said:

Hmm what about traffic driving all the way up there to get to the BU lots and then the traffic getting out??
    If you park west of the BU bridge, much less of a hassle.
  • Options
    "Best way to get to Fenway?"

Practice.

(Can't believe I missed this opportunity in my first post, damn it.)
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options

Thanks

I'm coming from RI, too. Take the exit off of 95\128 north for the Riverside T-stop. Instead of taking a right off the exit to go to the T station, take a left, then your first right after you go back over the highway. There is a little neighborhood there where you can park (just don't block driveways). Then it's about a 5 minute walk to the Riverside T. From there, a 20 minute ride to the Fenway T stop.
    That looks like a good plan. Thanks.
  • Options

Thanks

My pleasure. The only other possible way, if you like to gamble, is if you're heading up early in the day is to park on the Riverway. Believe it or not, during the summer I typically find spots if I'm there before 3.
  • Options

Thanks

My pleasure. The only other possible way, if you like to gamble, is if you're heading up early in the day is to park on the Riverway. Believe it or not, during the summer I typically find spots if I'm there before 3.
    I probably won't be going up that early. Are you gonna be driving to the Riverside stop and taking the T from there?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    question: the mass transit website shows that the fram/worch line to yawkey on sunday runs every 2 hours? could this be correct??
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    Car
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543

"Best way to get to Fenway?"

Practice.

(Can't believe I missed this opportunity in my first post, damn it.)

Beat me to it
  • Options

Car

Driving to fenway sounds like a complete nightmare
  • Options
    nah, not too bad
  • Options

nah, not too bad

where do you park
  • Options

nah, not too bad

where do you park
    I'm not parking for the show, but there is a valet/pay lot literally next to Femway. I prepaid $15 for tomorrow for 8 hours to pick up tickets/merch/etc before I go to my hotel up the road.