Options

Boston Bars

2»

Comments

• Options
    NB283405NB283405 Posts: 74
    edited August 2018
    Sunset Tap -- can't go wrong with the selection.
    Sunset Grill & Tap closed last year.  Sunset Cantina by BU is still open but they don't have the extensive beer menu that the Tap had. 
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2008: Mansfield II
    2010: Hartford, Boston
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I, Hartford
    2016: Boston I, Boston II
    2018: Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    lasoxgirllasoxgirl Boston, MA Posts: 12
    I think beer selection at Yard Works is probably the best in the immediate area, and appetizers are decent but it does get jammed before shows. 
    btw... Lower Depths is cash only and Jerry Remy's is now Tony C's
    Los Angeles 9/13/98
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Boston / Fenway 8/5/16
    Boston / Fenway 9/2/18
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    Remy's closed?  Didn't know that (or changed names).
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,247
    Tiki said:
    beer image
    LOL
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    kst said:
    Tiki said:
    beer image
    LOL
    He actually moved to Los Angeles, and schleps around with Larry David.
  • Options
    Had some Treehouse, Trill, Heady Topper, and Pappy at Troquet last night. They got the goods in the back.
    Heady Topper?  That's like gold.  I have never seen any bar have this in stock.  I'm happy when my local bar has Maine Lunch in stock.  Holy moly.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Had some Treehouse, Trill, Heady Topper, and Pappy at Troquet last night. They got the goods in the back.
    Where is this Troquet that you speak of?
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Go to Sam Addams and do the tour. Solid beer cool atmosphere . 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Harpoon tour is nice, too. Close to the harbor. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Where is this Troquet that you speak of?
    Spill the beans @SmallestOceans
    The wine bar on South St? This revelation has certainly distracted me from the merch thread!
  • Options
    I like how Miller Lite is described on the menu as:  $5 
    Miller Lite - A Fine Pilsner Beer
    Milwaukee, WI - 4.2%

LOL never seen it described that way.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited August 2018

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Did someone say Heady Topper...will be bringing a few of these down to my hotel for Night 1 =) Cheers all!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Fixer13 said:
    Did someone say Heady Topper...will be bringing a few of these down to my hotel for Night 1 =) Cheers all!
    :o :o :o    Um, where's the party?
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Ha ha ha!  I finally found the place to buy these on a recent trip to Vermont on a release day.  I can't think of a better day to consume than a Pearl Jam concert.  =)    
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Where’s the best pizza at in south Boston?
  • Options
    I have had Regina's pizza but that's by North End.  It's quite good.

Here's Yelp's help:

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=pizza&find_loc=South+Boston,+Boston,+MA
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    The locale is amazing.  Small place but soooooo good and good selection of beers and wine.  Not expensive and fresh.
  • Options
    I second the Lower Depths! That's where the brother and I will be going tomorrow. LOADED TOTTTSSSSS
  • Options
    From someone who lives in South Boston, don’t get pizza in South Boston. Go to the north end (10 minute Uber) and go you Regina’s.
  • Options
    for the beer folks:

Trillium's Boston brewery is sales only but they usually have a big selection and not much of a line.

The Fort Point Market a block away is one of the best beer shops in Boston.  not cheapest, but it's a one stop to have anything you're looking for. 

Trillium also has a 'beer garden' (keg truck & some tables) set up on the greenway outside rowes wharf.  Not just IPA's either, most of their sours will be on tap and they offer wine from local places too.

Night Shift has a beer garden on the Esplanade that opened a couple weeks ago.  It's a little bit outbound from the hatch shell, but still walkable from Fenway.  Their new Mirage Double IPA is pretty damn good.

Treehouse doesn't distribute, and as lovely as their brewery & beer is, Trillium's ease of access & variety of styles available on a daily basis puts them ahead IMO.

• Options
    The Lower Depths was better when it was Deli Haus.

Kenmore used to be so much better. Buy your drugs at Buckminster, see a show at the Rat, get your hangover cure at Deli Haus. 

“Boy, the way Glenn Miller played ...”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrz200 said:
    for the beer folks:

Trillium's Boston brewery is sales only but they usually have a big selection and not much of a line.

The Fort Point Market a block away is one of the best beer shops in Boston.  not cheapest, but it's a one stop to have anything you're looking for. 

Trillium also has a 'beer garden' (keg truck & some tables) set up on the greenway outside rowes wharf.  Not just IPA's either, most of their sours will be on tap and they offer wine from local places too.

Night Shift has a beer garden on the Esplanade that opened a couple weeks ago.  It's a little bit outbound from the hatch shell, but still walkable from Fenway.  Their new Mirage Double IPA is pretty damn good.

Treehouse doesn't distribute, and as lovely as their brewery & beer is, Trillium's ease of access & variety of styles available on a daily basis puts them ahead IMO.

Trillium has lines today and tomorrow because of special releases.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

Trillium has lines today and tomorrow because of special releases.
    if that Monkish collab is somehow still around I'll be in that line tomorrow!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    I used to love the sunset tap.  Great burgers too.  Then you just jump on the green line I think it is straight to Fenway.  If I still lived in Boston that’s where I’d be today.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I used to love the sunset tap.  Great burgers too.  Then you just jump on the green line I think it is straight to Fenway.  If I still lived in Boston that’s where I’d be today.
    Big City was a good place to shoot some stick, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    L Street Diner is the best Pizza in Southie 
  • Options
    MT236122MT236122 Pittsburgh Posts: 132
    The Lower Depths has a very good drink selection and a good vibe
    Riding high amongst the waves