Options

49+ Hours of Merch Sales for 6 hours of Music

13»

Comments

• Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    Redrumh2o said:

They should hand out cards to people standing in line. You check off you you want then they you get to the front one person gets your stuff while the other rings you up. You check your bag then you walk off....couple minutes per transaction

Nailed it.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    So aggravating! You see it time and time again. The person gets to the front after waiting in line for 2-4 hours and then proceeds to decide what they want. The part that pisses me off is when they want to try the shit on and then they sit there and compare which shirts they are considering all the while asking the merch dude's opinion on what they think looks best.
    By the time I get up there my main thought is always "I want sticker, pin, poster and shirt in XL. I'm buying any of those items that they still have. Here's my credit card."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    they should have a non wearable line or at least a poster only line. it would make things much faster.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Redrumh2o said:

They should hand out cards to people standing in line. You check off you you want then they you get to the front one person gets your stuff while the other rings you up. You check your bag then you walk off....couple minutes per transaction

Mondo does that their gallery shows.

Take it a step further and have people with iPads taking orders down the line. All you have to do is load your inventory in whatever program it uses. Saw a few places at NYCC doing that with long lines. That way you also know what's still in stock instead of filling out your form and getting to the front and being told something is sold out.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18