Ken Griffey Jr. "THE KID". Who else was a fan of his growing up?

2»

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Wobbie said:

I gotta nix Sosa, tho.....to me, he was nothing but a steroid player. Unlike the others, I saw nothing to suggest HOF without steroids.

66 homeruns in a single season. Over 500 for his career. If steroids were part of the game, he belongs.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    unlike clemens and bonds, sammy was nothing without roids.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Wobbie said:

unlike clemens and bonds, sammy was nothing without roids.

He still has over 600 homeruns. Hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely is still the most difficult thing to in sports. Ando whos to say clemens wasn't roided up through most of his career?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    Ok, fine. Let him in. Maybe he'll magically learn English for his acceptance speech.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Favorite ball player of all time! Best swing in baseball hands down, it was basically effortless. Had it not been for injuries he would have crushed the Homerun Record. Congrats to the Kid making the HOF!

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Favorite player growing up. Sweetest swing of all time. And would've been the greatest ever if his body didn't give up on him.

Congrats to Junior. Well deserved!
    www.myspace.com
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    First person to hit the warehouse at Camden Yards, correct?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120

Damn near everyone in the 90s juiced. MLB promoted it. Now the MLB and these stuck-up, two-faced writers (who LOVED the decade of 95-05 when everyone was smashing the shit out of the ball) want to backtrack and denounce anyone ever suspected of juicing. Fuck em. It was part of the sport. It wasn't against MLB rules at the time. McGwire should be in, Bonds should be in, Clemens should be in, Palmeiro should be in, Sosa should be in. Piazza & Griffey deserve every bit of HOF status!

Steroids actually were against MLB rules, mainly because of the legislation that made anabolic steroids without a valid prescription illegal.

Granted, the league didn't want to spend time and money to test the players and also had no incentive to do so at the time.

I agree with you about the juicers should be in the HOF. The lack of a testing policy and looking the other way basically made it OK to juice unless you took the field with a syringe sticking out your ass.