Options

TOTD has about 45 minutes of material... what else will be played live?

124»

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    FrankieG said:

JosephK said:

He'll be in NYC two weeks before the MSG show. Maybe he'll stick around the East Coast for the shows.

If you are referring to Global Citizen, that is Sept, not October :wink:
    EV should play the Beacon again :smile:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    DukeMDukeM Los Angeles Posts: 25
    I'm thinking they may have additional guests join them at different tour stops, and that may play a role in some song choices.
    Michael in Los Angeles
    First Show was 1995
    I've lost count of how many afterwards.
    Memorable funny show moments: The Halloween show with the whole band dressed as The Villiage People including Mike in assless chaps doing Yellow Ledbetter; Ed forgetting the words to "Betterman" in Vegas.
    Ed looking upwards at the the giant cables coming to the center in old Forum (circular building) in LA and saying it looked like the worlds biggest asshole, just like Dick Cheney. :-)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,953
    steved said:

myoung321 said:

What no one seems to be mentioning in this thread is the ..

7 demos - 5 unreleased including 2 songs that didn’t make final album sessions: “Angel of Fire” and “Black Cat”

Joostoone posted this on page 1.. Looks good to me!! Angel Of Fire is awesome! Sounds very Mother Love Boney! Black Cat vintage TOTD cool beat like All night Thing...

Set:
    - Say hello 2 heaven
    - Wooden Jesus
    - Pushing Forward back
    - Your Savior
    - Hunger Strike
    - Call me a dog
    - Times of trouble
    - Angel of Fire
    - All night thing
    - Black Cat
    - Four Walled World
    - Reach Down

Encore:
    -Stardog Champion
    -This is Shangrilla
    -Holly Roller
    -Hold your head Up
    -Crown of thorns.
    Fantastic set list!! :)

Now if they add M.A.C.C. ~ Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun) into the mix ..

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited July 2016
    They will certainly play some Mad Season and you can bet a Zeppelin cover or two,plus the stuff off Singles LP.

I disagree with above.Ed actually played on quite a few songs3-4 on the TOTD record.
    I think he will be there and join in the epic fun.Why would he want to miss it.So it's ok for CC to do Temple sets with PJ but not Ed with them?
    Bullshit.Ed is not above being there.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    The video that promotes the tour doesn't have his name in it.. and I just keep hearing it around here in Seattle.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    rr165892 said:

They will certainly play some Mad Season and you can bet a Zeppelin cover or two,plus the stuff off Singles LP.

I disagree with above.Ed actually played on quite a few songs3-4 on the TOTD record.
    I think he will be there and join in the epic fun.Why would he want to miss it.So it's ok for CC to do Temple sets with PJ but not Ed with them?

I dont see it as EV being "Above" it....

TOTD was a tribute and coping mechanism of young musicians who tragically and suddenly lost a dear friend/bandmate. At the time, EV was not really part of the group, he had just arrived.

You could even see it at PJ20 during the TOTD sets. other than Hunger Strike, EV just slunk into the background and let TOTD do their thing

I would think EV sees it as almost 'respectful' to the music and project to step back and let it be its own thing... and I dont believe he would go to each stop just to play his role on Hunger Strike... although I definitely believe he will in Seattle (that will be a special show IMO).

Its just IMO though.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    MayDay10 said:

rr165892 said:

I dont see it as EV being "Above" it....

TOTD was a tribute and coping mechanism of young musicians who tragically and suddenly lost a dear friend/bandmate. At the time, EV was not really part of the group, he had just arrived.

You could even see it at PJ20 during the TOTD sets. other than Hunger Strike, EV just slunk into the background and let TOTD do their thing

I would think EV sees it as almost 'respectful' to the music and project to step back and let it be its own thing... and I dont believe he would go to each stop just to play his role on Hunger Strike... although I definitely believe he will in Seattle (that will be a special show IMO).

Its just IMO though.
    Yeah, I can see him going to the Seattle show if he is in town that night but the other dates.. nah.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Again,it was 3-4 songs he was on,not just Hunger Strike.Ed hung back on all his first shows wether it was Mookie,PJ or TOTD.He found his growl/ voice not long after.
    Over the years he has been the one to sing the MLB stuff and it was PJ shows where TOTD did mini sets.Ed didn't leave the stage.plus like I said I think the filler set list stuff will be the songs from covers and Singles.Both PJ and CC with exception of maybe Birth Ritual.
    Just my opinion
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    45 minute Even Flow
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924

45 minute Even Flow

Longest bathroom lines ever!
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Im for some mad season MLB and cornell solo setlist... cornell has covered a few PJs songs on his solo tours so throw those in the mix along with MJs Billy jean, Prince purple rain darling nikki, nothing compares (sinead), led zep thank you and whole lotta love. That should easily get to 2.5 hours especially with a few MLB songs.

Ed can join them in Seattle for a very special occasion, plus Ed prob busy with other stuff anyway.