Options

2016 Temple of the Dog - Super Deluxe Edition & Vinyl Releases

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

$100 for 2 cd's, 1 dvd, and 1 blu ray with little to no pro shot material?... not sure how i feel about that just yet

definitely interested in hearing the demo's & unreleased material

Yeah I'm in the same boat.
    i feel like they are forcing me to just buy the deluxe 2cd for $15... tough to justify $100 for a cd/dvd package... i would love to buy the vinyl but i would like to hear the demos/unreleased stuff which doesn't appear to be available on vinyl... so i think I'm happy with the 2cd and an actual show on this little tour :)
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Since I already have the two purples from MOV, the only thing that has me worried about not buying the record from 10C is the possibility of a surprise variant. It's the stupid record collector in me.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    Yeah, i'm with all who doesn't understand why NO vinyl with the Deluxe. Makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905

Since I already have the two purples from MOV, the only thing that has me worried about not buying the record from 10C is the possibility of a surprise variant. It's the stupid record collector in me.

Same here. Might try to pick up 2 vinyl copies for a chance of a variant splatter or something.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    cutz said:

Yeah, i'm with all who doesn't understand why NO vinyl with the Deluxe. Makes no sense to me.

Add me to this list. I'd love to hear some of this stuff and get the dvd stuff but $99 and no vinyl?!? That just seems kinda stupid.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Guys, many threads up now for this so don't know where to post - but is the feeling with these TOTD releases that 10C has equal lead with the official TOTD site?

I ask because unlike others, TOTD shipping is a lot more expensive to AUS than 10C for the same Deluxe item. I was wondering because is it likely TOTD could have a unique drop like the Mad Season RED splatter? Views?
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,866
    cutz said:

Add me to that list as well. Really surprised that the deluxe set is not including the Vinyl already. Adding the vinyl is what really would have made that box set Deluxe. :confused:
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    They should have given all deluxe set purchasers a big discount on the vinyl. They would sell like hotcakes.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    The Super Deluxe has the videos on DVD and BluRay there is plenty of room in addition to the audio so all of the vides are on the BluRay in full HD as well.

As far as the PJ20 footage it is all Raw HD footage from the best fan angles available edited with additional footage provided by the band. The footage provided by the band is incredible. It also has the full SBD audio included.

It is not your typical fan video I assure you..
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    Ray J. T. said:

cutz said:

Add me to that list as well. Really surprised that the deluxe set is not including the Vinyl already. Adding the vinyl is what really would have made that box set Deluxe. :confused:
    If they had the Vinyl included i would've already got it. I may still get it, but i have to think about it. Do i get the Deluxe($99) and the Vinyl for $27 too?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Pretty neat item for anyone collecting TOTD.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    steved said:

The Super Deluxe has the videos on DVD and BluRay there is plenty of room in addition to the audio so all of the vides are on the BluRay in full HD as well.

As far as the PJ20 footage it is all Raw HD footage from the best fan angles available edited with additional footage provided by the band. The footage provided by the band is incredible. It also has the full SBD audio included.

Just curious- where'd you get your info?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    steved said:

How do you know this?
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Ordered...can't wait to see the PJ20 footage!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?
    I am the one who produced and edited the concert.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    The Blurays from pj20 were pretty solid in terms of quality
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?
    Boom!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    geno14geno14 Posts: 84
    jazzbo26 said:

The pricing of this seems strange. The 2 cd's are like $20. That means the DVD, Bluray audio, and special box are another $80? Also how is there HD quality video on a Standard DVD?

HD is anything over 720. If its a short video you can fit a HD file on a DVD. Bit Rate may be lower but it will still be HD..

• Options
    steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?
    congratulations/condolences. Too bad we won't see the whole thing.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?
    I had to fight to get Say Hello 2 Heaven in. Originally they were going to use just night 2 footage. They felt as though having redundant footage would not be needed and the cleaner performances came from night 2. I was very persistent about Say Hello and they included it.

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?
    I had to fight to get Say Hello 2 Heaven in. Originally they were going to use just night 2 footage. They felt as though having redundant footage would not be needed and the cleaner performances came from night 2. I was very persistent about Say Hello and they included it.
    Cool info!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

How do you know this?

• Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    Zod said:

is that all canadians do around here is bitch about shipping cost... give it a rest.

Oh, no. We bitch about far more than just shipping costs. The weather, for instance. And we eat poutine
    I love poutine, but bad poutine, that's almost unforgivable! :)
    Graded mozzarella = bad poutine. it must be curds.

You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    no vinyl no Robby!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    PSA: If you're in the US and getting the super deluxe and something else, try checking the shipping costs for the something else on its own. When I added the super deluxe and the vinyl, shipping was $11.99. When I added the vinyl on its own, shipping was $8.99. Shipping for the super deluxe is included in the $99.99 price tag, but I'm guessing the Shop isn't able to "credit" you for this when you combine items.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    How long does this pre-sale go?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I don't think we ever know the answer to that.
  • Options

Not sure. The day the PJ20 Deluxe Edition Bluray / DVD Combos presale went up, it was sold out in a few day's but there was a limit on purchasing the item, right?
  • Options
    I haven't seen this stuff on amazon or other sites yet. If that doesn't happen, I might be buying sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Some info on the PJ20 Blu-ray for you guys....

The bitrate provided on the rendered files for the PJ20 Bluray is at 30,000 per second at 1080 Resolution. It is true HD. All of the songs will be there on the DVD but also included on the Blu-ray Audio disc as there is plenty of room left over. The camera angles provided were all in 1080 from a high bitrate from their original files. I decided to not use certain angles that were very good because I was unable to obtain the Raw HD footage. All songs are 4 or 5 angles used per song but 1, where I used 3 sources because that was all that was needed. The footage from the band is from the pit and very similar to the footage from "Of The Earth" from the PJ20 Easter egg... I used a large amount of that footage as it is of professional type quality... I was able to fill in around it to follow the action and have contrasting angles and feels.. I hope and believe the fans will be pleased with the outcome!

I had a tremendous amount of help and support from many members of this group including the filmers and especially MFC172, Better than Nothing guys from technical support, advice and help tracking down the tapers for their consent and files etc...

It was an honor and a privilege to work on this project and I hope you all will enjoy!