Options

Temple Of The Dog Tour and Re-issue Pre-Sale

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    kenk said:

Makes me hope they might do more dates someday.

Yeah, bring this beast over in Europe! :hang_loose:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    kenk said:

vito said:

Anyone else surprised at the demand for these shows? I understand the smaller venues but, MSG and the Forum sold out and btso is insane! Soundgarden reuniting 5 years ago wasn't even close to this demand! Strange also that Eddie really isn't going to be part of this and yet no tix to be had...shows you that besides PJ and Radiohead there's not many great rock bands out there that can create this kind of a buzz except the war horse legends of the 60' and U2!

Yeah i was shocked at the demand. It honestly seemed a ton easier to get pj, Vedder solo, or small club Soundgarden tickets than these. It's kind of mind boggling really considering they only have 1 album. Makes me hope they might do more dates someday.
    Yeah surprised too ! But this being the very 1st tour of this Band it's even weird calling them a band lol every PJ fan wants in on this .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited July 2016
    Is anyone else pissed by the number of fans who bought up tix to these shows with the intention of just trading them off for Fenway/Wrigley? Realize this happens with regular PJ dates all the time but reading the posts in GTF, you'd think over half the Philly tix are currently being held hostage by flippers.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    vito said:

Anyone else surprised at the demand for these shows? I understand the smaller venues but, MSG and the Forum sold out and btso is insane! Soundgarden reuniting 5 years ago wasn't even close to this demand! Strange also that Eddie really isn't going to be part of this and yet no tix to be had...shows you that besides PJ and Radiohead there's not many great rock bands out there that can create this kind of a buzz except the war horse legends of the 60' and U2!

I'm surprised a venue like MSG sold out that quickly, but on the other hand, TOTD has never played on the East Coast, so I'm not In complete shock about the demand.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

vito said:

I'm surprised a venue like MSG sold out that quickly, but on the other hand, TOTD has never played on the East Coast, so I'm not In complete shock about the demand.
    My theory is that MSG/LA/SF selling out so quickly is a result of scalpers probably overestimating the demand. I have no doubt that the venues will be filled, but I don't think the secondary market prices will be nuts.

Philly and Seattle are small venues. I think most fans were going for these, it's the closest most of us will ever get to see the band in a small venue. Yes, it's TOTD and not Pearl Jam, but it's most of Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell who's not too shabby. And I think we're all hoping for Ed to make an appearance.

Ticket inventory for Seattle 2 isn't great though, I don't think many tickets were for sale to the general public (including scalpers) to begin with.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    AlaG said:

Is anyone else pissed by the number of fans who bought up tix to these shows with the intention of just trading them off for Fenway/Wrigley? Realize this happens with regular PJ dates all the time but reading the posts in GTF, you'd think over half the Philly tix are currently being held hostage by flippers.

Not really. Par for the course.

TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

AlaG said:

Just becuase people are looking to make trades doesn't men they bought them with that intention.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    edited July 2016
    Listening to TOTD while I clean my apartment. :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Any word on Eddie showing up for any of these? I can't imagine someone else filling in on Hunger Strike
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Listening to TOTD while I clean my apartment. :)

Imagine that! Someone listening to and commenting about.... The music! :wink:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    ME68701ME68701 Hershey, PA Posts: 103

Any word on Eddie showing up for any of these? I can't imagine someone else filling in on Hunger Strike

This has me curious as well. I have a strong feeling he will be there. What really has me curious is whether or not they will do anything in addition to the 10 TOTD tracks. Vedder Solo Stuff? Cornell Solo Stuff?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    ME68701 said:

This has me curious as well. I have a strong feeling he will be there. What really has me curious is whether or not they will do anything in addition to the 10 TOTD tracks. Vedder Solo Stuff? Cornell Solo Stuff?
    For a hundred bucks a ticket, they sure better play for more than ten songs.
  • Options
    rocardosoreisrocardosoreis Brazil Posts: 29
    mrussel1 said:

ME68701 said:

I have no doubt that they will play more than 10 songs and I believe that Vedder will only appear in one of the shows (probably Seattle or MSG).

I think that they gonna hit some MLB songs.
    That old blue car
    We used to race.
    MSG 11/07/2016 (TOTD)
    Rio 11/22/2015
    Rio 11/06/2011

• Options
    jburneykojburneyko Posts: 116
    AlaG said:

they piss me off more than scalpers do
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    AlaG said:

I noticed the same thing. Maybe this means that people will start to sell theirs after they fail to trade?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890

AlaG said:

If people had already traded/sold them the Wrigley/Fenway tickets that those people wanted, maybe they wouldn't have tried for those TOTD tickets. For both the PJ ballpark run and TOTD shows, demand exceeds the supply of tickets. It's a lot easier to find tickets you're looking for when you have something in hand to trade vs. not having any tickets at all.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628

mrussel1 said:

ME68701 said:

I have no doubt that they will play more than 10 songs and I believe that Vedder will only appear in one of the shows (probably Seattle or MSG).

I think that they gonna hit some MLB songs.
    My guess is that Vedder will be at all the shows, and be plenty involved. Whether that be by just playing some PJ songs, or by doing a solo act to open the show.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    I would like to believe that in addition to TOTD, they'll play a couple PJ and SG songs, in addition to solo Ed and Chris, and MLB. I'm thinking 20 songs at least.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879

I would like to believe that in addition to TOTD, they'll play a couple PJ and SG songs, in addition to solo Ed and Chris, and MLB. I'm thinking 20 songs at least.

Was guessing the other day what if Pearl Jam and Soundgarden opened for Temple of the Dog this November? That would be pretty freaking sweet!

Now just need a ticket to their Seattle Night 2 show. Anyone got an extra? If so please let me know. The Ticketmaster gods were not in my favor last Friday. :(

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    demetrios said:

Was guessing the other day what if Pearl Jam and Soundgarden opened for Temple of the Dog this November? That would be pretty freaking sweet!

Now just need a ticket to their Seattle Night 2 show. Anyone got an extra? If so please let me know. The Ticketmaster gods were not in my favor last Friday. :(

Now you're talking turkey here! That would be the greatest 3 hour concert in history. Although poor MC....
  • Options
    rocardosoreisrocardosoreis Brazil Posts: 29

If Ed was so involved they would do a PJ + SG tour. They would not do as totd. Anyway if Ed appears, whether as a solo show or with the totd it will be awesome.
    That old blue car
    We used to race.
    MSG 11/07/2016 (TOTD)
    Rio 11/22/2015
    Rio 11/06/2011

• Options
    grantstoner43grantstoner43 Los Angeles Posts: 54
    AlaG said:

On the flip side of this, during the sale on Friday, many were complaining they couldn't get in to ticketmaster and requested help. I got in, and bought an extra for one member, who then backed out after I had purchased the ticket. Then, later Friday I posted I had an extra, and got a few responses but committed to the first person who responded. He told me two times he was sending me money, then he just disappeared and is no longer even giving me the courtesy of answering my messages. Still trying to sell for face, and finally just posted on StubHub hoping for the best because I'm tired of fielding responses with nobody actually following through. Anyway, sometimes you try to do something good and you get screwed.
    Lawrence 5.2.92
    Maryland Heights 7.27.92
    Dallas 9.6.92
    Wichita 11.24.93
    Milwaukee 7.8.95
    Milwaukee 7.9.95
    East Troy 6.27.98
    Universal City 10.6.09
    Wrigley Field 7.19.13
    Los Angeles 11.24.13
    Austin 10.12.14
    Boston 8.5.16
    Boston 8.7.16
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 645
    I have (1) TOTD ticket MSG Monday 11/10 for sale in Section 224 Row 15 Seat 11 for face value. If interested pm me, thanks!
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

Now you're talking turkey here! That would be the greatest 3 hour concert in history. Although poor MC....
    I know. He could probably do it.
  • Options
    amerkelamerkel Posts: 7
    Looking for a friend to exchange Wrigley 2 for my extra TOTD San Fran. Not going to sell my extra. I just want to do an even trade.
    Who has an extra Wrigley 2 for me, and wants to go with me to TOTD in San Fran?!?!?
  • Options
    For day's I keep trying for tickets on Ticketmaster. Keep getting different status changes trying to score a ticket.

Today, the status has changed to this since the morning with no hope of a change to keep trying (seeing the blue ticket load) that someone dropped tickets, try again.

"We were unable to process your request." in red.
    Try again later.

Boooo!!!! :(
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited August 2016

Is it possible for any band to buyout or rent a venue and then sell tickets through their fanclub?

I don't actually know the full answer to this I guess, but I'm pretty sure that most venues have a contract with Ticketmaster and are obligated to not do this, as it would put the venue/artist in direct competition with Ticketmaster. And why do all the venues do this? I found this (below) as a summary of why they choose to do business with Ticketmaster exclusively and pass up their right to rent directly to artists (but really it all boils down to the fact that Ticketmaster is a successful monopoly. Why they are legally allowed to be one is completely beyond me or any logical thought).

Marketing - Ticketmaster.com is one of the world's top five ecommerce sites (according to Ticketmaster). They get a lot of eyeballs everyday and they help steer those people to buy more tickets. They have a huge database of past ticket buyers and they know a lot about those people... things like what sort of tickets they've bought in the past, how likely they are to buy a ticket if they're presented with a discount via email, etc. For better or for worse, for many people, when they think of buying tickets to something, they think Ticketmaster. What does all this boil down to? Venues who choose Ticketmaster think they'll sell more tickets on Ticketmaster than they would on a competing platform (or on their own website, for instance).

Money - Ticketmaster sells more tickets than anybody else and they're the biggest company in the ticket selling game. That gives them certain financial resources that smaller companies don't have. TM has used this to their advantage by moving the industry toward very aggressive ticketing deals between ticketing companies and their venue clients. This comes in the form of giving more of the service charge per ticket back to the venue (rebates), and in cash to the venue in the form of a signing bonus or advance against future rebates. Venues are businesses too and, thus, they like "free" money in general (signing bonuses), as well as money now (advances) versus the same money later (rebates).

Expertise and a big team - Ticketmaster has been around for a long time. They have a giant organization. There are teams after groups after departments after divisions to handle various aspects of the ticket selling process (e.g., teams that help box offices "build" their events in the system, teams that create customer newsletters, teams that decide which events get which marketing assets on the site, etc.). It gives venues peace of mind that things will not get messed up somehow, and hopefully gives venues new insights they can use to help them sell more tickets.

Easy to find employees who know it - There is a workforce out there that knows how to work with Ticketmaster's software (think MS-DOS command line stuff, although I understand they're releasing new tools that are a little more current). It's been around for a long time and it's probably the most-used ticketing platform in major venues. If your box office manager decides to retire, you will have plenty of people to choose from who know TM's systems and how to work with the regional offices.

It works (mostly) - The ticketing company cliché is everybody says they're scalable and can handle a major on-sale without collapsing, and then they get a major on-sale and collapse. Ticketmaster is pretty reliable most of the time. You don't worry too much that the site is going to break or fold under traffic.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    November HotelNovember Hotel New York Posts: 14
    Hope they play "Hey Baby" the Hendrix cover... Originally by M.A.C.C (mccready, ament, cameron, cornell)
    "Like echoes nobody hears, it goes, it goes, it goes"

Hartford '06
    Continental I and II '06
    MSG I and II '08
    Beacon '08
    MSG I and II '10
    Philly '12
    Barclays I '13
    Hartford '13
    Central Park '15
    MSG 1 '16

• Options

Hope they play "Hey Baby" the Hendrix cover... Originally by M.A.C.C (mccready, ament, cameron, cornell)

That would be AMAZING if they did cover that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVZyPSaYug

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    ^ Wow I never even knew that existed, it sounds awesome. I would say we have a pretty good chance at getting that one.