Temple Of The Dog Tour and Re-issue Pre-Sale

Comments

• Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    Lottery winner for SF....finally, something to look forward to
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'm sick of this goddamned club. The last three times (previous two tours and now this lottery) I have been denied tickets. It's about time they own up to the fact they play favorites.

Each tour I only hope to see the band once. I'm honestly not sure why I continue to remain a member.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    How can things be fixed? Limit it to one show per member UNTIL the system recognizes every entrant as receiving one show. Then, cycle back through and allow people to get access to multiple shows.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,014
    aNiMaL said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

Lost for Seattle. But was successful in last week's presale, so I'll be there anyway. Was just trying to help out family (also 10c members). Good luck everyone!

Same here. Lost via the 10club lottery but scored kick ass seats last week via the presale. Will be trying to help family & friends during the public sale this Friday. See ya November. :)
    Great! I'd like to buy you a beer for that "pssst....1pm" thread you started. I wouldn't have been looking at my email for a presale password if you hadn't posted.
    Thank you! Glad to of helped out. :)
    Check the three of us old timers out. It's like we're getting the band back together. :)
    Sweet!! Are you guy's going to the Seahawks game in the afternoon? Gonna try to get tickets to that game.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    demetrios said:

aNiMaL said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

Lost for Seattle. But was successful in last week's presale, so I'll be there anyway. Was just trying to help out family (also 10c members). Good luck everyone!

Same here. Lost via the 10club lottery but scored kick ass seats last week via the presale. Will be trying to help family & friends during the public sale this Friday. See ya November. :)
    Great! I'd like to buy you a beer for that "pssst....1pm" thread you started. I wouldn't have been looking at my email for a presale password if you hadn't posted.
    Check the three of us old timers out. It's like we're getting the band back together. :)
    Sweet!! Are you guy's going to the Seahawks game in the afternoon? Gonna try to get tickets to that game.
    I might try for the Hawks game. Not sure yet.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

I'm sick of this goddamned club. The last three times (previous two tours and now this lottery) I have been denied tickets. It's about time they own up to the fact they play favorites.

Each tour I only hope to see the band once. I'm honestly not sure why I continue to remain a member.

Sorry to say they don't play favorites at all, if they did I wouldn't have won considering I've been very vocal over the many years of being on here about this band and 10C. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. If you don't like it, you can either deal with it or don't be a member. This is how things work best for the fans and band and they will stay that way. People will always have extra's and you have the regular sale on Friday.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,121
    Lost Philly.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 165
    lost philly. that was show was on my birthday too...anybody got an extra ticket? haha
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    aNiMaL said:

demetrios said:

aNiMaL said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

I might try for the Hawks game. Not sure yet.
    I think I'll be keeping a bar stool warm downtown watching the game.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    jeffbr said:

Let me know if you have a bar recommendation for football. I'll be there at 10:00am.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Let me know if you have a bar recommendation for football. I'll be there at 10:00am.
    Downtown bar for the football game might be the way to go. Game starts @ 1pm right?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    demetrios said:

Downtown bar for the football game might be the way to go. Game starts @ 1pm right?

Bears play at 10am.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

demetrios said:

Bears play at 10am.

Ah.

• Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    K...gonna check email and tickets page one more time, just in case they got it wrong.

How can things be fixed? Limit it to one show per member UNTIL the system recognizes every entrant as receiving one show. Then, cycle back through and allow people to get access to multiple shows.

Ditto. That's fair. Bites to see people get multiple shows while others get none.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    edited July 2016
    Won MSG!! Will be trying for Philly Friday probably only for a single. If I dont score there I'll be possibly looking to trade 1 MSG for 1 Philly
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,318
    edited July 2016
    I agree on the multiple show thing. It could also be solved by having a single lotto per show (instead of two). The problem comes from people going GA Show #1/Reserved Show #1 losing against Reserved Show #2/Reserved Show #1. Do a single lotto and have a button to click if you want to be included in a random draw for GA tickets.

It wouldn't have helped out the ToTD draw as the tour was small and there weren't many tickets. I don't think anyone got a fill on 2nd round.

My concern is memberships via available tickets. Given that one of the best perks of membership is 10 tickets, is there a good ratio for how many members they should sign up vs. available tickets. I know they get more revenue the more people join the club, but there's so many people now, it seems like maybe that ratio is off.

I've done ok with the lotto. I'm 2/4. I pulled Vancouver 2013, lost Seattle 2013, won wrigley 1 ga, lost ToTD. ToTD is it's own beast, but your best odds of getting PJ tickets is going for reserved as your #1 pick. I'm more like Han Solo and say never tell me the odds, because I go for GA everytime (for #1 pick only), knowing it decreases my odds.

I don't think the lottery is that bad, we've just got a serious issue of way more fan members than available tickets. The lottery (except the aforementioned ga/reserved reserved/reserved bug) does a pretty good job stretching out the tickets. Demand far outweights supply.

I still think people in the NE US are blessed and cursed. All those shows to go to, but the populations out there are really big, and the cities are close together so it makes it easy for people to tour the shows. I've never been denied a Vancouver show, or an idaho show, or a portland show.. lol.. you guys need to come out here on the next western tour, and do a everything but seattle tour. You'll love it :)

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

Game starts at 1pm (1:25pm kickoff I believe), but you'll probably want to get somewhere early to get a seat. There are a few places downtown that I've seen games at that were pretty fun. I'm not sure yet where I'll be, but probably one of these:
    http://www.sportrestaurant.com/ (Chef John Howie's bar. Has 30+ tvs and good food. Near the space needle)
    http://www.yardhouse.com/ (right downtown, just a few blocks from Pike Place Market)
    http://95slide.com/ (this is actually on Capitol Hill about 9 or 10 blocks up the hill from the Paramount)
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

Game starts at 1pm (1:25pm kickoff I believe), but you'll probably want to get somewhere early to get a seat. There are a few places downtown that I've seen games at that were pretty fun. I'm not sure yet where I'll be, but probably one of these:
    http://www.sportrestaurant.com/ (Chef John Howie's bar. Has 30+ tvs and good food. Near the space needle)
    http://www.yardhouse.com/ (right downtown, just a few blocks from Pike Place Market)
    http://95slide.com/ (this is actually on Capitol Hill about 9 or 10 blocks up the hill from the Paramount)
    While all you peeps are watching football, this girl will be headed to the Chihuly Garden of Glass. And then maybe some notaslgic stops at some of those 90s iconic places ...
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options

That wouldn't of helped today's presale at all. No one got more than 1 pair. It was an issue of demand far exceeding supply.

In regards to PJ tours. I don't think you can do cycling thing, because of the order the draw shows, and the order people choose their prefs. I think the draw in chronilogical order, so you wouldn't know what people might get on the last shows kind of thing. Seeing as most shows sellout in the early rounds, I think the best solution is single draw per show (with an option to enter a draw for GA tix). That prevent's people from using reserved/reserved to trump the ga/reserved people.

Most of the issues are with way more fan members than tickets though..... Nothing's going to fix that.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

jeffbr said:

While all you peeps are watching football, this girl will be headed to the Chihuly Garden of Glass. And then maybe some notaslgic stops at some of those 90s iconic places ...
    I went to the EMP Museum & Space Needle like a few times, and passed by the Chihuly Garden of Glass place many times but didn't get a chance to go inside. Will make sure to visit this November.

I can't wait to visit the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. All those Pearl Jam posters on display?

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    MSG...1 for 4 with the wife...psyched
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    If I'm going to be in Seattle, I would like to do my bucketlist item of seeing a Seahawks game. Tickets look to be 200 to 250USD.. ugh... Probably going do it as I'm going to be there already... In all the concerts I've seen in Seattle this is the first one to line up nicely with a football game. Seen way too many baseball games :)
  • Options
    danalmunrodanalmunro Kitchener, Ontario Posts: 39
    So for anyone who has won 10C seats before, how good are the seats really? Anyone with previous seats at MSG specifically
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Lost MSG and Philly. Not surprised. Will try for MSG on Fri. Pretty psyched for third row floor/field Fenway Night Two so no complaints.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928

So for anyone who has won 10C seats before, how good are the seats really? Anyone with previous seats at MSG specifically

With a 139xxx number I was always under 20 rows from the stage on the floor. No clue now since cc and sound garden fan clubs also get tickets.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    O-WO-W Posts: 54
    mcgruff10 said:

With a 139xxx number I was always under 20 rows from the stage on the floor. No clue now since cc and sound garden fan clubs also get tickets.
    I'm a 176XXX and about the same seat distribution. It will be interesting to see. With the lottery, these numbers could end up closer than that, but it may be balanced by the fact that it is sharing with SG fan club.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    172XXX here :hang_loose:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mcgruff10 said:

I was pulling up way back of the floor through CC fanclub, but that was well after the Pre-sale started. The CC and SG fanclub were given the same password. Also I didn't get the email with the password from fanclubs until hours after the Pre-sale had started.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    edited July 2016

mcgruff10 said:

I was pulling up way back of the floor through CC fanclub, but that was well after the Pre-sale started. The CC and SG fanclub were given the same password. Also I didn't get the email with the password from fanclubs until hours after the Pre-sale had started.
    Wow, cc fan club had a pre sale, no lottery like we have here? Just a random block of seats?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Posts: 21

You also have to remember that the Chris Cornell and Soundgarden Fan Clubs also did pre-sales. So, the available pool was even smaller for these shows.