Options

Mick Jagger To Be A Dad Again at 72!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i find this selfish. kid will barely know his dad when his dad passes away.

just because you can do something, like sire another kid, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

i can drive over my neighbor's car with my jeep. doesn't mean i should do it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    edited July 2016

The greatest gift that can be given is life.

edit - which is why abortion is wrong.

Lol. That might be the trolliest thing you have ever posted. I don't believe that you are even pro-life.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    edited July 2016

just because you can do something, like sire another kid, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

And if Mick lives another 20 years at least, which is entirely possible?
    How about this: when he's 20 years old, let's ask the kid of he is mad that he was born, or if he wishes he didn't exist so he could be spared the extreme trauma of having an old dad who died or will die before he could enjoy at least 40 years with him, which is apparently the minimum amount of time that a dad is obligated to live after having a kid, lol. SMH.
    Sorry hedonist, I don't think common sense has anything to do with folks thinking it's selfish. On the contrary.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Agree not selfish, not even close. Mick could easily live to 100 with sound mind, heck the stones might still be touring then, this kid may be the opener for the stones someday ... hehehe, I doubt this kid will ever wish for different parents...or a younger dad, after all he's the son of the front man of one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

And if Mick lives another 20 years at least, which is entirely possible?
    How about this: when he's 20 years old, let's ask the kid of he is mad that he was born, or if he wishes he didn't exist so he could be spared the extreme trauma of having an old dad who died or will die before he could enjoy at least 40 years with him, which is apparently the minimum amount of time that a dad is obligated to live after having a kid, lol. SMH.
    Sorry hedonist, I don't think common sense has anything to do with folks thinking it's selfish. On the contrary.
    No worries - we see some things differently.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Also Ronnie Woods a fellow stone just became a father of twins at 69 ... let's be honest, those opposed are jealous of the stones fertility and longevity ... Hehehehe.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    mick is so physically fit it is ridiculous. another physically fit rolling stone is that charlie watts at 75 yrs of age. mick literally runs around dancing & carrying on like a young man while singing. nothing at all is wrong with mick & this gal having a baby together.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    also & most importantly it is none of anyone's business
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    The kid they have together would only experience life if they had conceived together.

I'm pretty sure the kid would take life over no existence because some people thought it wasn't cool.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Maybe not my own business but since it was brought up? Hell yeah, I'll comment!

Sure Mick is fit n fine and seems to be of more than sound mind. Still, to be a little kid and my dad pushing 80? Fuck, it was tough enough with my dad in his late 40s with this little tow-headed one testing his activity, pushing it every damn day.
  • Options
    Unless you are 72yrs old I really don't think that we can appreciate what they're thinking in their brain.
    This train dissects too much.
  • Options

Unless you are 72yrs old I really don't think that we can appreciate what they're thinking in their brain.
    This train dissects too much.

I'd rather think (it happening in my brain is a given!) - or "dissect" - than just go along, mind and mouth taped shut.

I can imagine, I can even appreciate, but I know that I can't KNOW. Still will put my thoughts out there like any other issues discussed here. Don't see a reason not to...do you?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016

The greatest gift that can be given is life.

edit - which is why abortion is wrong.

The constitution says you're wrong. You're so cold. You're so cold, cold, cold.

But keep dreaming, Mike Pence.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    Curious - if Mick were a woman, having a baby at 72.

Would it change anyone's mind?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    Good question, hedo, though the situation of a 72 year old woman having a baby isn't comparable physiologically and medically. There would be such massive potential for serious or fatal medical complications for both mother and baby. Also, you can't deny that such a scenario would be a very intentional one, whereas the one the OP posted may well be accidental. Apparently the announcement said they were "surprised but pleased", which might mean an unplanned pregnancy. Hard to believe they wouldn't be cognizant of the possibility, but it's there. Of course, some will accuse her of creating the situation as a cash grab.

Older fathers do create a higher risk of genetic abnormalities, just like older mothers, so that's an additional risk beyond the basic risk of dying while the child is still young.

It also appears that they aren't planning on setting up a cozy home together with Mick changing diapers and getting up at 2:00 wen the baby cries. No plans to live together, or even on the same continent. Does that change anyone's opiniob, if he's not going to be involved beyond an occasional visit?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    chadwick said:

mick is so physically fit it is ridiculous. another physically fit rolling stone is that charlie watts at 75 yrs of age. mick literally runs around dancing & carrying on like a young man while singing. nothing at all is wrong with mick & this gal having a baby together.