Options

Mick Jagger To Be A Dad Again at 72!!

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
edited July 2016 in A Moving Train
SERIOUSLY??!!

Feel free to call me an ageist but there are so many things wrong with this.

Mick 72
His girlfriend 29
Mick when his kid graduates high school 90

UGH!!!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7438931/mick-jagger-baby-rolling-stones-melanie-hamrick

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think Mick is the shit, but that seems unfair to the child.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
  • Options
    Maybe she is in a situation where she can't find a betterman.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Maybe she is in a situation where she can't find a betterman.

Perhaps better bank account
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Or perhaps she's he's ex and in that case let them be happy
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

He must have something else that is really big that she is missing then.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Robbing and filling the cradle in one fell swoop.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    JWPearl said:

Huh?
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Guessing the couple is happy. Great!

How's the kid gonna feel losing his/her father while still young?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Still trying to get some satisfaction. *comedic drum fill*
  • Options

Still trying to get some satisfaction. *comedic drum fill*

Not so much Mother's Little Helper, eh =)
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

SERIOUSLY??!!

Feel free to call me an ageist but there are so many things wrong with this.

Mick 72
    His girlfriend 29
    Mick when his kid graduates high school 90

UGH!!!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7438931/mick-jagger-baby-rolling-stones-melanie-hamrick

ohhhh shit !!!! we agree on something.
    the kid and mother will be financially set for life (along with his 6 or 7 other children) it's just to bad Dad possibly wont be around to see him grow up.....unless micks lives to see 100 years.

Godfather.

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Sounds like somebody got some satisfaction 10 months ago.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Hello inheritance!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    edited July 2016
    PJPOWER said:

Hello inheritance!

Gold digger mom, a dead dad, and a multi-million dollar inheritance when 15 years old. Yeah, this kid will make positive contributions to society. I can feel it.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Looks like they spent the night together.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    BinFrog said:

Looks like they spent the night together.

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I just feel that doing this is so beyond selfish. I thought it was brutal when Michael Douglas had another kid in his 60's. that's just brutal. I'm 41 and we're done.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited July 2016
    Mick seems super fit and active. He'll probably be around for another 20 years at least. What is unfair about that?? My dad is 75 and could currently act as a perfectly fine dad. As it is, he serves as a really amazing grandfather, wherein he takes care of those kids all the time, spends so much time with them tromping through the woods, playing at the park, taking them for walks and runs and adventurers, and keeps them fed, dressed, and safe, all by himself, wow! He is vibrant, healthy, active. I have no more reason to think that he couldn't stay that way through a child's younger years than I would to think that about anyone else, whatever their age.
    I find deadbeat dads worthy of extreme criticism, yet I have never seen any of that criticism here. It's all saved up for a man who is healthy and willing to participate in the child's life for as long as possible, which will likely be for years? What a bunch of bullshit. I am actually surprised how many of you are letting ageism cloud your judgment. It's not about the age of the parent, or even about how long they will be around (since any of us could go at any time). It is simply about the quality of the care and the amount of love a parent can provide, and a healthy, fit 72 year old can do that just as well as anyone else for at least several years.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202

I just feel that doing this is so beyond selfish. I thought it was brutal when Michael Douglas had another kid in his 60's. that's just brutal. I'm 41 and we're done.

so what age is the line for you? 30, 35, 37, 40, 42, etc.? i'd love to know where you draw the one on when one should be a father. and if a woman falls in love with an older man should she not have kids just because the guy she loves is older?

and wouldn't you rather be born with a 72 year old dad (and insanely rich one at that) than not born at all?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

so what age is the line for you? 30, 35, 37, 40, 42, etc.? i'd love to know where you draw the one on when one should be a father. and if a woman falls in love with an older man should she not have kids just because the guy she loves is older?

and wouldn't you rather be born with a 72 year old dad (and insanely rich one at that) than not born at all?
    I don't draw any line on any exact age. I just think at some point you gotta think "hey, I'm not going to be around to be this kid's dad". just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

how often do you see a non-celebrity 29 year old falling in love with a 72 year old. you don't. ever.

and I don't give a shit about money. never have. I think the kid would rather have a dad than his cash.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2016

pjhawks said:

I don't draw any line on any exact age. I just think at some point you gotta think "hey, I'm not going to be around to be this kid's dad". just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

how often do you see a non-celebrity 29 year old falling in love with a 72 year old. you don't. ever.

and I don't give a shit about money. never have. I think the kid would rather have a dad than his cash.
    I think 72 is too early to say "hey, I am not going to be around to be this kid's dad" if you're as healthy as Mick Jagger is. You have no reason to think he doesn't have another healthy 20+ years ahead of him. This is why I think this is just ageism on your part. You aren't even considering the health if the individual (which can be very poor for a 30 year old just as it can be a 72 year old). You are looking only at the number of years. And if something happens (which can happen to anyone), the kid is completely set up as far as financial resources go, and still has a mother and other family. I honestly can't fathom what bothers you so much about this scenario. Most children in the world are not anywhere near as fortunate as this baby is, on all levels.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    There are people being run over by trucks

PJPOWER said:

Hello inheritance!

Gold digger mom, a dead dad, and a multi-million dollar inheritance when 15 years old. Yeah, this kid will make positive contributions to society. I can feel it.
    Ok so you have a crystal ball can you ask it who will win the WH come November ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

I think 72 is too early to say "hey, I am not going to be around to be this kid's dad" if you're as healthy as Mick Jagger is. You have no reason to think he doesn't have another healthy 20+ years ahead of him. This is why I think this is just ageism on your part. You aren't even considering the health if the individual (which can be very poor for a 30 year old just as it can be a 72 year old). You are looking only at the number of years. And if something happens (which can happen to anyone), the kid is completely set up as far as financial resources go, and still has a mother and other family. I honestly can't fathom what bothers you so much about this scenario. Most children in the world are not anywhere near as fortunate as this baby is, on all levels.
    not sure where you got "bothers me so much" from this. I honestly don't give two shits what other people do, especially celebrities. I just think it's selfish. just stating my opinion on the thread. I'm not expressing moral outrage or anything. honestly, there are much worse things in the world. obviously.

"it's just, like, my opinion, man."

your parent dying when you are 20 is still quite a bit different than dying when you are 50.

and I don't know why people keep saying how fortunate this kid is to be so set up financially. being rich does not equate to happiness.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No, of course money doesn't buy happiness, but let's get real. Money makes life easier and buys a lot of pretty great pleasures. I can guarantee you that money would in fact make me happier because I could buy a home and the greatest sound system known to humankind. That would be awesome.
    At any rate, if you could choose between rich and poor, which one would you choose (and don't you dare tell me it's the latter, hahaha).
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

not sure where you got "bothers me so much" from this. I honestly don't give two shits what other people do, especially celebrities. I just think it's selfish. just stating my opinion on the thread. I'm not expressing moral outrage or anything. honestly, there are much worse things in the world. obviously.

"it's just, like, my opinion, man."

your parent dying when you are 20 is still quite a bit different than dying when you are 50.

and I don't know why people keep saying how fortunate this kid is to be so set up financially. being rich does not equate to happiness.
    A little confused here, are you saying that they would be acting less selfish if they aborted the baby?
  • Options
    I don't think it's selfish to bring a baby into the world if you love it and take good care of it. The only thing selfish is to have a baby when you don't want one or can't take care of it properly, and that is not the case here. And no, facing the possibility of a parent dying before the child is 50 does not make a parent selfish, lol. Wtf.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Is Mick Jagger really that healthy? Skinny doesn't equal healthy and the phrase "rock and roll lifestyle" was practically invented for him and Keith.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Is Mick Jagger really that healthy? Skinny doesn't equal healthy and the phrase "rock and roll lifestyle" was practically invented for him and Keith.

Yes, he is extremely fit and healthy. It is a major focus in his life and has been for many years now.
  • Options
    72 isn't old to BE a father, I think it's old to BECOME a father.

I'm kind of with Hugh on this.

Shit, my dad was 86 and had been sick for awhile when he died - I was 43. Toughest thing at that age. Can't imagine being so much younger and going through such a loss.

Anyway, ageism, common sense,opinion...call it what you will.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    The greatest gift that can be given is life.

edit - which is why abortion is wrong.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on