Options

Fenway 1 Start Time

124»

Comments

• Options
    Would also like to know how the merch lines were inside. I am sure we can get the scoop from everyone tomorrow

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    We went in through Gate K right at 5pm. There wasn't much of a line and we were inside in minutes. Multiple merch tables around and they were fully stocked. If you go in when the gates open you should have your pick of everything.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Ok, here's my rundown for Night 1:

The 10c tix say which Entrance Gate to use. Not sure if staff actually enforced this.
    Parked at the outside lot on Ipswich next to the CVS, literally right outside of Gate B at 6:35. (Cost me $55, but I was worried about being late, so I said screw it.)
    The line to get in was a bit long by that time, I'd rough guesstimate about 50ish people? But entrance was pretty quick.
    They have you put your stuff in a tray, then go through metal detectors. No pat downs that I saw.
    Grabbed water. No lines for water/food, but beer lines are a different story. Probably about 20+ deep. (Glad I don't care about beer.)
    No wait getting onto the field, a quick check of your ticket, no wristbands. It was a bit after 7:00 at this point and still lots of people milling around and not in a hurry to get to their seats yet. Easily got down to A4 without dodging much foot traffic at all.
    I think they went on at about 7:45ish? Was busy settling and chatting with my new 10c friend (of whom I owe a great deal of gratitude to for the AMAZING seats), so I wasn't paying attention to the time by then.
    Done by 10:30, so it seems that's the curfew. (Though all the bright ass park lights came on at about 10 and stayed on till the end.)
    Merch inside throughout and a stand just outside of Gate B. (Not sure about outside the other entrances.)
    Lines were maybe 10-15 people inside pre-show, and about 25+ post show. Outside merch stand didn't have as much traffic but I think they only had a handful of different shirts and maybe a few other small things. Definitely not all the stuff.

They sounded and looked great!!!
  • Options

The 10c tix say which Entrance Gate to use. Not sure if staff actually enforced this.
    Parked at the outside lot on Ipswich next to the CVS, literally right outside of Gate B at 6:35. (Cost me $55, but I was worried about being late, so I said screw it.)
    The line to get in was a bit long by that time, I'd rough guesstimate about 50ish people? But entrance was pretty quick.
    They have you put your stuff in a tray, then go through metal detectors. No pat downs that I saw.
    Grabbed water. No lines for water/food, but beer lines are a different story. Probably about 20+ deep. (Glad I don't care about beer.)
    No wait getting onto the field, a quick check of your ticket, no wristbands. It was a bit after 7:00 at this point and still lots of people milling around and not in a hurry to get to their seats yet. Easily got down to A4 without dodging much foot traffic at all.
    I think they went on at about 7:45ish? Was busy settling and chatting with my new 10c friend (of whom I owe a great deal of gratitude to for the AMAZING seats), so I wasn't paying attention to the time by then.
    Done by 10:30, so it seems that's the curfew. (Though all the bright ass park lights came on at about 10 and stayed on till the end.)
    Merch inside throughout and a stand just outside of Gate B. (Not sure about outside the other entrances.)
    Lines were maybe 10-15 people inside pre-show, and about 25+ post show. Outside merch stand didn't have as much traffic but I think they only had a handful of different shirts and maybe a few other small things. Definitely not all the stuff.

Thanks for all the info! Getting into Boston this morning and grabbing 10c tickets this afternoon. Planning to head in right at 5pm tomorrow.

Did you notice if all the posters were stocked at the merch stands.

Also were they allowing small backpacks in? Want something to hold the stuff I buy?

Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,073
    edited August 2016

Thanks for all the info! Getting into Boston this morning and grabbing 10c tickets this afternoon. Planning to head in right at 5pm tomorrow.

Also were they allowing small backpacks in? Want something to hold the stuff I buy?
    Yes, saw all posters at the 2 stands inside Gate B. Got in around 5:15 and only waited 10-15 minutes. Grabbed a Thomas, Shuss, and a couple patches. Line definitely started to grow after that.

Also, saw people walking around with backpacks.
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

Definitely worth heading in early and taking your time to wander around the park. And you'll surely get your fill of Bahston accents. Maybe even see a couple of pre-gaming dudebros get into a fight. ;)

I didn't stop at the merch areas so I don't know what they had in stock. From reading other stuff here though, it sounds like they had everything, would run out, then restock a bit later. Some people said they were able to get the coveted Thomas posters when they did a restock after the show.

They do allow bags in, but they search them thoroughly. If you have any medications in there, make sure they are in the original bottle or else they will have to take them. (Friend going to a Red Sox game had some Advil in a small non-Advil bottle that they took.)

You're welcome. Enjoy! :)
  • Options

Definitely worth heading in early and taking your time to wander around the park. And you'll surely get your fill of Bahston accents. Maybe even see a couple of pre-gaming dudebros get into a fight. ;)

I didn't stop at the merch areas so I don't know what they had in stock. From reading other stuff here though, it sounds like they had everything, would run out, then restock a bit later. Some people said they were able to get the coveted Thomas posters when they did a restock after the show.

They do allow bags in, but they search them thoroughly. If you have any medications in there, make sure they are in the original bottle or else they will have to take them. (Friend going to a Red Sox game had some Advil in a small non-Advil bottle that they took.)

You're welcome. Enjoy! :)
    Thanks for the info!