Options

*** MSG II Setlist Thread ***

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    MrSmith wrote:
    i afraid to ask, but whats the Wishlist/ Vote Obama tag about?

Here's to hoping blackness didn't get mentioned ... Although Kanye might like that.
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    pghas wrote:
    (Psst...It's PARTY every day. Know your Kiss. embrace it, learn it, know it).

Flame warning
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    pghas wrote:
    (Psst...It's PARTY every day. Know your Kiss. embrace it, learn it, know it).

Psst... if you listen to Benaroya Hall you'd know what this guy is talking about ;)

Know your PJ, embrace it, learn it, know it! :p sorry but couldn't resist.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Psst... if you listen to Benaroya Hall you'd know what this guy is talking about ;)

nicely put ;)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    NewJPage wrote:
    dedicated to thunderdan??

Screw that; it's dedicated to FANCH. I've been posted my admiration for Mr. ACE FREHLEY for years on these boards.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128

I didn't mean this originally as a flame at all, just a joke. But by the same token, you guys got me. Since I own so many boots I never purchased Beniroya and didn't know that. That's really funny.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    McCready was the one who thought it was "part of everyday." Eddie mentioned it on the storytellers episode.
    no, I think it was Benny Hall, right before they played Lukin
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I think last night and tonight were really solid shows BUT I still think that Bonnaroo and South Carolina are the best shows so far...
    I agree 100%
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Someone on the board, Stickboy, maybe, said that he had "heard from a source" that's what the band wanted to do. There were others who had "sources" who claimed that the band had something "special" planned for tonight.

Who knows, really? Should be fun to watch.
    hmmm, ok, guess that one didnt happen, but I still have this feeling....maybe hartford now or Mnasfield.
    Maybe the special moment for MSG was the whole Ace and Black Diamond thing, and the band decided to save the no code thing for another show?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    stickboy wrote:
    hmmm, ok, guess that one didnt happen, but I still have this feeling....maybe hartford now or Mnasfield.
    Maybe the special moment for MSG was the whole Ace and Black Diamond thing, and the band decided to save the no code thing for another show?
    Could this No Code thing be for a Beacon set ?

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/17/68-standing-still-at-concerts/

Stuff White People Like

#67 Standing Still at Concerts
    February 17, 2008 by clander

Music is very important to white people. It truly is the soundtrack to their lives, meaning that white people are constantly thinking about what songs would be on the soundtrack for the biopic. The problem is that most of the music that white people like isn’t really dance-friendly. More often the songs are about pain, or love, or breaking up with someone, or not being able to date someone, or death.

So when white people go to concerts at smaller venues, what to do they do? They stand still! This is an important part of white concert going as it enables you to focus on the music, and it will prevent drawing excess attention to you. Remember, at a concert everyone is watching you just waiting for you to try to start dancing. Then they will make fun of you.

The result is Belle and Sebastian concerts that essentially looks more like a disorganized line of people than a music event.

If you find yourself invited to a concert with a white person, do NOT expect to dance. Prepare yourself for three hours of standing reasonably still. It is also advised to get a beer or (if legal) a cigarette so you have something to do with your hands. Although it is acceptable to occasionally raise one hand and point just above the stage.

Note: the addition of the drug ecstasy changes everything.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    I forgot to say yesterday, but tks LukinFan and ThrowUrArmsAroundMe.

Kisses
  • Options
    I forgot to say yesterday, but tks LukinFan and ThrowUrArmsAroundMe.

Kisses
    no problem. ThrowUrArmsAroundMe told me last night that he'd do the same for us for Mansfield II
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    LukinFan wrote:
    no problem. ThrowUrArmsAroundMe told me last night that she'd do the same for us for Mansfield II

Yes, I will. And PS, even though my name is Jamie, I am a guy (no big deal though haha). I gotta tell you though, this crowd was unlike any I've ever been a part of. Just fantastic. And yes, I'll be relaying for Mansfield II when they really plan to play No Code start to finish ;)

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Yes, I will. And PS, even though my name is Jamie, I am a guy (no big deal though haha). I gotta tell you though, this crowd was unlike any I've ever been a part of. Just fantastic. And yes, I'll be relaying for Mansfield II when they really plan to play No Code start to finish ;)
    bro, I am so sorry!!!! And thank you again for everything- from those who can't be there!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com