Options

*** MSG II Setlist Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    End of show.

Please remember to send ThrowUrArmsAroundMe a PM thanking her for the relaying. This was night 2 of relaying the setlist to us.

tks :)
    Mil besos!!!!!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Lordchezz wrote:
    Have mercy

haha touche
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i wanna get "black diamond" on a DVD! based on all the guest appearances and the even # of songs from every album this is definitely gonna be a great movie!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Nice show looks like i will be getting this boot Ace sold me. Hope everyone had fun.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    tks :)
    no problem but ThrowUrArmsAroundMe gets all of the credit :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i wanna get "black diamond" on a DVD! based on all the guest appearances and the even # of songs from every album this is definitely gonna be a great movie!

I want a whole DVD of the Olsen Twins at a concert....I wonder if they even stand up
  • Options
    Dear Ed,

Please write a better protest song.

Seriously.

Damn skippy. or better yet, write your congressman and go back to writing real songs about heartbreak and loss.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    I like how they temped the fans to leave w/ the first 2 songs of that encore, then rocked the fucking house then after.
  • Options
    I want to hear audience tapes to make a judgement, but my instinct is Bonnaroo tops MSG.
  • Options
    guitar_daveyguitar_davey Posts: 111
    Damn skippy. or better yet, write your congressman and go back to writing real songs about heartbreak and loss.

The guy probably isn't feeling heartbreak and loss at this point in his life, so any song about that would be pretty fake.

On the other hand, your country is broken and it's dragging the rest of the world down with it--keep on singing Ed until somebody listens!

DP
  • Options
    I want to hear audience tapes to make a judgement, but my instinct is Bonnaroo tops MSG.
    yeap, Roo is still the king of the tour!!! :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    This setlist takes that of MSG 1 and makes it its little, little bitch. :)

That's three songs I've been whining that they should play (WWS, Go, Cropduster), plus Garden, plus Black Diamond ...
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

That's three songs I've been whining that they should play (WWS, Go, Cropduster), plus Garden, plus Black Diamond ...
    black diamond ALONE makes this show. Well THAT and the fact that THE MASTER was on vocallsssss!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

try to argue that tomorrow when all the people that went to the show tonight are on to tell everyone how great the crowd was and how the band was in 'top notch form' and all that. Seriously, who leaves a PJ show and says ' man they sucked tonight'...everyone thinks the show they went to was the best..but I agree Bonaroo was tits
  • Options
    The guy probably isn't feeling heartbreak and loss at this point in his life, so any song about that would be pretty fake.

On the other hand, your country is broken and it's dragging the rest of the world down with it--keep on singing Ed until somebody listens!

DP

he should just make up some entertaining shit, then. I know the country is in the toilet right now, sometimes I just want to hear some fucking rock music. and i'm as liberal as they come. writing songs about the war or bush is as hacky as someone writing a song that uses the lyrics "rosees are red, violets are blue." that's just my opinion.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    but I agree Bonaroo was tits

and everyone loves tits :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Alright I'm going to bed..long day of doing nothing at work tomorrow..stay classy members of the pit
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    LukinFan wrote:
    yeap, Roo is still the king of the tour!!! :D

I think last night and tonight were really solid shows BUT I still think that Bonnaroo and South Carolina are the best shows so far...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I could kinda get behind a lot of Ed's earlier political rhetoric ... The Obama stuff is less appealing.
    Aw well ...
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128

That's all subjective. Personally I think MSG1's was much better, it all depends on what songs you like. The setlist doesn't nearly make the show though.

Wasn't at Bonnaroo but just the whole concept of the boys playing to 90,000 people who aren't necessarily 90,000 of us and pulling out the set they did and kicking ass makes that a legendary show.
  • Options
    pghas wrote:
    That's all subjective. Personally I think MSG1's was much better, it all depends on what songs you like. The setlist doesn't nearly make the show though.

Wasn't at Bonnaroo but just the whole concept of the boys playing to 90,000 people who aren't necessarily 90,000 of us and pulling out the set they did and kicking ass makes that a legendary show.

True ... I won't judge show quality until I hear the boots. I just like this setlist better, is all.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    cutz wrote:
    Ace Freely played RITFW in A.C..

Ahhhhhh

That was Mike's chance to sing with Ace "I wanna rock n roll all night .... and part of every day"
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    I don't think you should judge the shows unless you were there!

sorry jmo
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    The board was down when I tried to check in earlier, so I took a long break and came back and read 38 pages!

Thanks for keeping it interesting between the relays!

Good night!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I actually dreamed the other night that Pete Townshend was on stage singing 'go'.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I actually dreamed the other night that Pete Townshend was on stage singing 'go'.

That would be pretty damn sweet ...
    A little odd, but sweet.
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    krzzzymary wrote:
    Ahhhhhh

That was Mike's chance to sing with Ace "I wanna rock n roll all night .... and part of every day"

(Psst...It's PARTY every day. Know your Kiss. embrace it, learn it, know it).
  • Options
    pghas wrote:

Just quoting Ed

( pssst .... know your pj )
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    pghas wrote:

McCready was the one who thought it was "part of everyday." Eddie mentioned it on the storytellers episode.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    i afraid to ask, but whats the Wishlist/ Vote Obama tag about?