Options

*** Hartford Setlist Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    It's only the best setlist of the tour because right now, it is the most unique. Until they play half the stuff they debuted again once or twice in Mansfield. Just like Bonnaroo's setlist was epic until they basically repeated it at MSG1. Now everyone wants to know where the Hartford setlist was at MSG. But if we had shown you the two lists before the tour started, tell me you would have picked Hartford's.

Then again, as a Ranger season ticket holder and huge concert-goer I think MSG is the greatest venue on the planet and wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I just hope people didn't get screwed by the line, cops, etc.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    alexers wrote:
    thank you relayers! hahaha. sleep tight stickboy, don't be too hard on yourself. you'll get your special show one day :)
    oh its all good..Ive gotten good ones..just dumb for living so close and passing up the opportunity
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ok this is the first set list since i got back from Columbia.. that has actually made me cringe..

Luckies!

:D
  • Options
    xraygirlxraygirl Posts: 16
    The best shows of the tour are the ones that you get to go to. MSG is one of the greatest places to see a show. I am a little jealous tonight (smile) but I would never trade the ones I've seen for anything in the world!! Pearl Jam is an amazing band any night of any tour!
    8/24/2000~Jones Beach-7/9/2003~MSG-7/14/2003~Homdel-6/1/2006~Continental-6/3/2006~Continental-6/25/2008~MSG-10/4/2009~Austin-5/18/2010~Newark-5/20/2010~MSG-5/21/2010~MSG
    -I don't wanna think, I want to feel
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    LukinFan wrote:
    MAIN SET: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You, Daughter/Another Brick in the Wall: Part II, Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

ENCORE 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood

ENCORE 2: Smile, Do the Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing

seriously?!?!?!?!!

fuckin' a!!

:eek: :D:D:D
  • Options
    ryley34ryley34 Posts: 33
    pghas wrote:
    IThen again, as a Ranger season ticket holder and huge concert-goer I think MSG is the greatest venue on the planet and wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I just hope people didn't get screwed by the line, cops, etc.

I am right there with you...NYR Baby!!!!!!!!

Musical geniuses...bottom line!
    Lisa

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that takes our breath away...."
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    seriously?!?!?!?!!

fuckin' a!!

:eek: :D:D:D
    try being there!! :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    try being there!! :D

you lucky fuckin' bastard!!! congrats dude!!!! :D
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Wow! Looks like another fantastic show to add to an incredible tour. Really interested to hear from people who went about the crowd outside the arena situation and the sound issues inside.
    Brian
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    NCBRI wrote:
    Wow! Looks like another fantastic show to add to an incredible tour. Really interested to hear from people who went about the crowd outside the arena situation and the sound issues inside.
    Crowd wasn't extremely loud, but lots of cool people except for the drunk guy next to me. Sounded perfect; best sound and show I've been to this tour.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Damn! I was in Hartford last weekend....now I'm in Fla kicking myself because I could not get back to Hartford....I so wanted to be there tonight and also Saturdays show in Mansfield...I bet that one will kick ass too!
    Congrats to those who did get to go....I don't care what anybody says...if you have a ticket to any PJ show and actually use it...well then that show is a kick ass show! I don't care what they play as long as they rock the hell out of the place. It's Pearl Jam! The greatest band in the fucking world!
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Just got back... it was an amazing show especially early when every song was completely unexpected.

They sounded great - looked like they were having fun.

Eddie looked completely wrecked after the 1st encore - the insane humidity will do that.

Best show for me on this tour - hoping for Boston to kick it up but that was amazing.

Now I need to go back and read up on the 10C line issues - I was in/out in 2 minutes but that was at like 4PM.

Oh - they also soundchecked garden and evacuation...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    NCBRI wrote:
    Wow! Looks like another fantastic show to add to an incredible tour. Really interested to hear from people who went about the crowd outside the arena situation

I have no idea what happened, but the fences on the side were knocked completely down again, and I heard some people setting off fireworks, and as we were walking over the bridge I saw a firetruck going toward the arena, and an ambulance behind that. I hope no one got hurt with fireworks, but it must have taken a lot to knock down those fences.

Okay. The show. WOW WOW WOW amazing setlist. I need to absorb it and go write in the fanviews. But Big Wave, Comatose-Leash-Blood threesome, SMILE, Fuckin up, so many surprises. Evenflow not till first encore. I think this is my favorite show of the tour so far.

10 Club line issues - I don't know - we picked up our tickets about 6:15, and it was kind of a small enclosure with barricades around the ticket windows and they were only letting the person who was picking up in, but I had my daughter with me so they finally let me take her. I can see how that enclosure would have been chaotic if there were more people.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I am glad they played Evenflow late ... Make all the piss break knobs have to hold it longer.
    :)
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    Sick Sick Sick...I was SO pissed about missing MSG earlier in the week...living in CT, I hate that I expected the Hartford show to stink, but WOW....

I can barely type...
  • Options
    I'm honestly speechless right now...

Comatose? Holy shit.

LEASH??!?! WTF!

BLOOD!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? bleuglkhaelkshlkaslkh

They turned all the lights on in the venue for Fuckin' Up and Ledbetter. It was fucking beautiful. I've seen damn near everyone live, from Paul McCartney to Metallica, and this was easily the greatest show I've ever witnessed.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    LukinFan wrote:
    When you get a chance, please, please, please send Yellow Bedwetter and DirtyCristina both a Thank You PM for relaying the setlist to us tonight. It would had sucked without them.

Thank you Yellow Bedwetter and DirtyCristina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing Tag

That's the end

Forget me, I want to thank LukinFan for being patient with me. I got back a while ago but first I had to go through ever page of this thread and smile. I'm so lucky to have been there for my 10th show but the whole time I was trying to make my little brother enjoy his 1st. He has no idea how lucky he was to hear this type of setlist.
    Highlights for me:
    Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods Dice, Sad, Brain of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Immortality, Blood, Smile, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing

All I wanted from my four shows was to hear Release, Smile, and Fuckin Up. I never thought I'd hear Release twice and Smile & Fuckin' Up in the same night. I love this band; it always seems to surprise me. Thanks for being patient LukinFan. I was rocking out so hard to Big Wave, God's Dice, Can't Keep, Smile, Breakerfall, Little Wing tag, and Fuckin Up cuz it's the first time I've heard those songs in 10 shows. The poster is sick, the crowd was great (especially during Betterman and Alive), Sad was amazing, and Brain of J and Little Wing will never be forgotten in my memory. I'm off to the Goods section to purchase this boot and post this review on The Porch. Thank you to all and to all a good night. :)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    What a fuckin' setlist!

In Hiding and Immortality! This boot will be mine!!!!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    IMMORTALITY! How I love the live version of this song....so awesome
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    This set was awesome!

They could do this every night easily but i'm kinda glad they don't. Hartford needed this!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    I like the eddie intro to immortality and how there was not a real demand for posters cause everyone thought this show was nothing til afterwards.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    fucking sick set!

pretty mad.... i was dying to hear many of these songs at both MSG shows.

smile
    immortality
    breakerfall
    brain of j
    blood
    gods dice

ugh.............................
  • Options
    tomtintomtin Posts: 48
    wow the best setlist so far????? I think so.........
    I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
  • Options
    Dirty FredDirty Fred Posts: 10
    I'm honestly speechless right now...

Comatose? Holy shit.

LEASH??!?! WTF!

Out of that entire setlist these are two songs that you pick out? Have you not seen any of the other setlists?
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    He's definitely more smashed than usual for this show. :)

actually no. i was sitting just in front of him. he was 100% sober. no beer or smokey the entire show. was pretty relaxed for the msot part
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    whoa...what a setlist!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Forget me, I want to thank LukinFan for being patient with me. I got back a while ago but first I had to go through ever page of this thread and smile. I'm so lucky to have been there for my 10th show but the whole time I was trying to make my little brother enjoy his 1st. He has no idea how lucky he was to hear this type of setlist.
    Highlights for me:
    Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods Dice, Sad, Brain of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Immortality, Blood, Smile, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing

All I wanted from my four shows was to hear Release, Smile, and Fuckin Up. I never thought I'd hear Release twice and Smile & Fuckin' Up in the same night. I love this band; it always seems to surprise me. Thanks for being patient LukinFan. I was rocking out so hard to Big Wave, God's Dice, Can't Keep, Smile, Breakerfall, Little Wing tag, and Fuckin Up cuz it's the first time I've heard those songs in 10 shows. The poster is sick, the crowd was great (especially during Betterman and Alive), Sad was amazing, and Brain of J and Little Wing will never be forgotten in my memory. I'm off to the Goods section to purchase this boot and post this review on The Porch. Thank you to all and to all a good night. :)
    it's all on you, bro- thanks again!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    First off, I am sitting here in Seattle and so I have not seen a show this tour. Also, I am the first to admit that some of the shows I have seen of Pearl Jam, and other bands have flat out sucked, so you know I am no homer that says "If I was there........then it was the greatest show they have ever played."

That being said, the setlist that intrigues me the most is the Hartford list.

I bought the Bonaroo boot cause it was very intriguing as well, but the Hartford list is very good (take YL out of there and it might be one of the better looking of the last 10 years or so)

Just my 2 cents.

Hope they continue to rock me even though I am not there.

WHAT OTHER BAND CAN DO THIS TO A HUMAN ha ha ha
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm still stunned by the show last night, I was hoping that they'd play half of those songs, so I was elated when they actually DID!!
    Sad, Blood, and Fucking Up was incredible!!
  • Options
    I can't wait for tonight's show!
    Myspace.com/vedder_78

Austin, TX 1995
    Dallas, TX 1998
    Woodlands, TX 2000
    Woodlands, TX 2000
    Dallas, TX 2000
    Seattle, WA 2002
    Dallas, TX 2003
    San Francisco, CA 2006
    Chicago, IL 2007 (VIC)