Options

*** Hartford Setlist Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    2 Nights at MSG = Insignificance

1 Night in Hartford = Priceless

Don't talk, you weren't at any of those.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ok this is the first set list since i got back from Columbia.. that has actually made me cringe..

Luckies!

:D
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Seriously. This is pissing me off to the max. We got nothing at MSG. I don't think it was overhyped at all, I think they should've lived up to the hype. It's MSG for fuck's sake!!

PJ needs to play to everyone not just us. I for one was happy to have a good amount of hits to make my whole group of friends happy. I would have loved Sad or Come back instead of Even Flow...but my friends love Even Flow...so kudos to PJ for knowing their audience. They can have a diverse set list like no other band and still be great without being a greatest hits band...so what if they throw a few hits in there every night? PJ is not just for us 'Jammers'.
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    2 Nights at MSG = Insignificance

1 Night in Hartford = Priceless

niiiiice!!!

hahaha
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I would trade this show for MSG2 in a heartbeat

yeah you would, but I bet there was 18000 people there that might not
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    whoa there boy...i dont care what type of setlist is out there...but MSG1 and MSG2 were epic
    said it b4, and I'll say it again

each pearl jam show is unique in its own way..Im still on that MSG high and not even this setlist can take that away...Ive gotten ALL these songs except breakerfall tonite...so I'll get it eventually

Im still singin Black Diamond..are you kidding me
    and I got watchtower and love reign for the 1st time...so I should just shut up, lmao:D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,946
    It's 4:40 AM, been watching this setlist all night . . . shoulda done the whole tour :( This is one boot I am gonna buy for sure.

Pax
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Fuckin UP.
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    fuckin up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    PJ needs to play to everyone not just us. I for one was happy to have a good amount of hits to make my whole group of friends happy. I would have loved Sad or Come back instead of Even Flow...but my friends love Even Flow...so kudos to PJ for knowing their audience. They can have a diverse set list like no other band and still be great without being a greatest hits band...so what if they throw a few hits in there every night? PJ is not just for us 'Jammers'.

Read what I posted a little while after that. :)
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    if i hear the word epic used to describe msg 1 or 2 again i'm going to barf. Use another fucking adjective.Plus, don't call a grown man boy, it's insulting and condescending.

I'm with you. I was at MSG-1, and it was NOT epic. A hell of a show, but not epic.
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    Fuckin Up!

Holy Shit
  • Options
    cutz wrote:
    Someone posted on spin, that ther was trouble outside the venue, and that was about a half-hour ago. I hope for those guys, this is not true.

god, i hope nothing happen where someone got hurt or arrested. that just sucks if they couldn't get in.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Well it is 11:30pm EST
    they went on just after 9:15, and a show like this seems like it would be extended into 3 encores/
  • Options
    they went on just after 9:15, and a show like this seems like it would be extended into 3 encores/
  • Options
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    This set should quiet those who thought there weren't enough tour debuts played at MSG.

Fantastic.
  • Options
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    haha it sucked to be us before, but it just keeps getting worse! hahaha. congrats, hartford! you got a goood one!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    said it b4, and I'll say it again

each pearl jam show is unique in its own way..Im still on that MSG high and not even this setlist can take that away...Ive gotten ALL these songs except breakerfall tonite...so I'll get it eventually

Im still singin Black Diamond..are you kidding me
    and I got watchtower and love reign for the 1st time...so I should just shut up, lmao:D

Yeah that's how I feel now, haha.

And yes, MSG was EPIC!! EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!
    -Reagan
  • Options
    if i hear the word epic used to describe msg 1 or 2 again i'm going to barf. Use another fucking adjective.Plus, don't call a grown man boy, it's insulting and condescending.

Well what else could describe what happened in that building? Epic is what I refer to, and I'm not being biased. The crowd was unbelievable, and yes the setlist could have been better for both nights but still. Are you like that guy on the Ravens defense who threw shit fit over being called "boy" against the Pats? It's a term I use a lot, I'm sorry if I offended you.

Now, I just hope the Hartford crowd tonight was much better than 2006...I was getting frustrated in 06 telling people "LETS GO" but no one comprehended.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Mr. Beeks wrote:
    Fuckin Up!

Holy Shit

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Now i'm really kicking myself in the ass not going to this show. I learned a vauable lesson boy and girls. If thers any chance you can go to a show(especially a weekend). YOU BETTER FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    If this is any indication of what Boston will be like wow. Crown of Thorns will be busted out in Boston. The show tonight is terrific. Congrats Hartford!

no offense but ive seen crown of thorns quite a few times and i think its highly over rated. its kinda boring in concert...kinda like sleight of hand is boring... ;)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    This set is delicious
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i try not to get too pissy about missing a great setlist. all i need to do is go back and look at some of the shows on my list. i have been to some "epic"(to steal the word reserved for msg) shows....none of which were in new york city. i have a friend that has a show count over 100, and he still wont acknowlegde that benaroya hall and santa barbara 03 ever happened because it makes him sick that he missed them...but i was lucky enough to be at both.
  • Options
    Wes C. AddleWes C. Addle Posts: 305
    MayDay10 wrote:

Yeah I forgot about that.

PLUS, it's a NO CURFEW venue.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    This show cannot be considered epic untill they finish with indifference.
  • Options
    This show was awesome!...And to touch on what other's said every show is unique in its own way. It is. I only caught VA beach this tour and everyone seems to be a little down on it but I mean Long Road and Gauranteed. Nature provided a full moon. It was great. Just like all the others his tour. Yeah, having said that this setlist is probably my favorite or Bonnaroo.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wow

i wanted to hear smile so badly.!

congratulations on everyone attending hartford tonight--- on a fantastic setlist !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    This show cannot be considered epic untill they finish with indifference.

The way this show is going, i won't be surprised if they finished with INDIFERENCE.