Options

*** VH1 Rock Honors Fanviews 7.12.08 ***

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    at the risk of it being obvious that I didn't pore through every post here, is there a download link anywhere for these songs?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Firecloud wrote:
    at the risk of it being obvious that I didn't pore through every post here, is there a download link anywhere for these songs?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=294848
  • Options
    the foo fighters were SICK

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    the foo fighters were SICK

It might just be me, but live, they didn't sound that good that night I thought...much better on TV.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    I was thinking the same thing watching it live, no way they can use it. that guy's vocal performance was horrendous, it felt like bad karoake, considering the teleprompter was 50 feet from him and in a huge font. poor grohl was sick again, last time i saw him as well, he was sick (nashville jan. 08)

PJ indeed tore it up, I have been telling everyone to tune in, and now to read that someone said they weren't happy with their performance...wow, well, as I fan, I was ecstatic with their performance, I can't stop thinking about it.

i watched the performance tonight. during the foos, they really made Baz look great. the power of editing. they completely took out his vocal when he came back in to early after the breakdown / solos.

pj ruled. period.

and they moved incubus before flaming lips.
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    i watched the performance tonight. during the foos, they really made Baz look great. the power of editing. they completely took out his vocal when he came back in to early after the breakdown / solos.

pj ruled. period.

and they moved incubus before flaming lips.

I was wondering if they moved stuff around...interesting...thanks!!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Mike was SICK!!!!!
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    cutback wrote:

Thats only The Real Me right? I havent seen the other song posted yet
  • Options
    quasi wrote:
    My buddy went to the show (had a single) high up in section 313 or so. He's more of a Who fan and he was sitting behind two Pearl Jam fans (guy and a girl) with matching black reaper DC shirts. During Pearl Jam's set, he offered them his binoculars for a closer look. The guy was really gruff with him and a bit of a jerk about it. All he had to say was "thanks, but no thanks". However, the girl was much nicer and polite about it (she wanted to use them). Just goes to show you most people are suspicious of people trying to be nice.

That was my boyfriend and I. Your friend had a white Who shirt on i believe.
    I was the girl who graciously accepted I WAS THE ONE THAT ASKED MY BOYFRIEND if he wanted to see them, but seeing as Pearl Jam was already on stage and performing he didnt want to miss a second fumbling with them so HE TOLD ME "No Thanks" That was totally nice of him to let me use them for a second, i looked through them for the first second and the first view i got was a magnified picture of Jeff's shoes, pants, and bass!! It was great. I totally thanked him, but i think he would completely understand my boyfriend's sentiment if i would have asked him right when the Who came out if he wanted to see through my binoculars. You're all anxious and bursting with emotion. We're sorry if he thought we were rude to him. I by no means was suspicious of him trying to be nice, i was just trying to take in every second Pearl Jam was on stage.....
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    I was wondering if they moved stuff around...interesting...thanks!!

they also cut sandler's intro with the who walking onstage. that wasn't like that, there was time between the two events taking place.

man, was it me, or has daltrey lost it?
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    anyone know what model/year of Gibson Les Paul. mike snapped the headstock off of at the end of the real me?
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    man, was it me, or has daltrey lost it?
    He had an off night. He hasn't lost it.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    alexers wrote:
    Mhm. Olivia is gorgeous!

Someone alert Chris Hansen ... looks like he's got another predator on the hook!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Sean Penn introduced Pearl Jam and mentioned the album Who Sell Out and said they never did..not unlike the next band..jokingly..hope the VH1 audience gets the rib..

It wasn't a rib.

"not unlike" means "the same as."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    did anyone else feel that the orchestra section overpowered ed's voice for much of love reign o'er me? Real Me sounded great but I had trouble hearing the vocals on the first song.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    anyone know what model/year of Gibson Les Paul. mike snapped the headstock off of at the end of the real me?

why would you want to know that?

I would of rather had him just smash it but that would of taken away from Pete......and it was his night afterall. So Mike was respectful :)
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I liked the whole show. PJ was clearly the best, but I liked all the acts. The super grass singer sucked, but I liked the other song the Foo did despite Grohl's voice being off from the cold.

Incubus kicked as usual as well.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    did anyone else feel that the orchestra section overpowered ed's voice for much of love reign o'er me? Real Me sounded great but I had trouble hearing the vocals on the first song.

the entire show had a low vocal mix...possibly because Rhapsody was hawking the audio to the show...this kind of nonsense makes me sick, and screws up my enjoyment of actually listening to the performance!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    no Boom?
  • Options
    what an amazing time i had. totally worth every penny. highlight for me was finally seeing the who. when they opened up with baba with all the lazers i got chills all up and down my body. my gf was like wow baby you really were wating for this. first time ever seeing them and i got my fav who song as an opener yea it wasnt the orginal but fuck zak is an animal and def has some moony. oh yea a little known band called pearl jam also rocked. incubus really surprised me, they nailed there 2 songs. they made me a fan of theres

this is for slip kid

bro tea and theater was so amazing, i thought of you right away and how we share the same love for the band. such a very deep song and very much a looking back sorta song on the band

LONG LIVE ROCK, BE DEAD OR ALIVE

no boooooom and thank the fuck he wasnt there. totally better with a piano
    PLAY THE GORGE IN 08 YOU PUSSIES

On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spent apart alone
    I need to get back home
    To cool cool rain

LONG LIVE THE WHO! BE DEAD OR ALIVE

i'll ride the wave where it take me, i'll hold the pain release meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee