Chances of Special Guests at Wrigley 1 and 2?

bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
What do you think? And who could it be/who would you want it to be?

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    I mentioned this a while ago on one of my threads. I think the chances of this is really high, with these shows being the tour closer of PJ25! I am thinking something along the lines of a TOTD appearance. Either way these 2 nights should be epic and one for the books.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I can't wait. Less than two months away! I would absolutely lose it if I get to see a TOTD appearance. That's definitely my number one hope.
    bflynn1 said:

I can't wait. Less than two months away! I would absolutely lose it if I get to see a TOTD appearance. That's definitely my number one hope.

I am with you August can not come quick enough. The performance at PJ20 was fucking amazing, I loved the fact that Cornell paid a lot of tribute to Mother Love Bone and Andy Wood. It really highlighted a lot of the history behind the band. I don't think Cornell has anything scheduled at this time, so I wouldn't be surprised if the details are currently being worked out. Either way I think we are in for an amazing weekend. The pre-parties alone are going to be fucking awesome.
    I agree. I believe I've decided to skip the merch lines and enjoy the pre-parties so I can meet some new people. I'll try for the posters through the shop. These will only be my 2nd and 3rd PJ shows. I've listened to them since I was 6 years old, 28 now, but I've only gotten to see them one time. As a Cubs fan, this trip is extra amazing for me. I want to soak up as much as I can.
    bflynn1 said:

I agree. I believe I've decided to skip the merch lines and enjoy the pre-parties so I can meet some new people. I'll try for the posters through the shop. These will only be my 2nd and 3rd PJ shows. I've listened to them since I was 6 years old, 28 now, but I've only gotten to see them one time. As a Cubs fan, this trip is extra amazing for me. I want to soak up as much as I can.

Good decision on skipping the merch lines! If I happen to get lucky inside the venue then great, if not I will wait till the posters or whatever other items drop in the shop here. But I have never been one to wait a merch line over having a good time at the pre-parties and meeting some really cool people especially when we are on a trip. Take it all in when you are there. We can definitely stay in touch here on the forums, and possibly meet up before the shows and grab some drinks. I will be doing a lot of hanging out in Wrigleyville. We can toast to an epic weekend.
    Ray J. T. said:

Good decision on skipping the merch lines! If I happen to get lucky inside the venue then great, if not I will wait till the posters or whatever other items drop in the shop here. But I have never been one to wait a merch line over having a good time at the pre-parties and meeting some really cool people especially when we are on a trip. Take it all in when you are there. We can definitely stay in touch here on the forums, and possibly meet up before the shows and grab some drinks. I will be doing a lot of hanging out in Wrigleyville. We can toast to an epic weekend.

Absolutely! That would be awesome. It's just a friend and myself that will be there and we're always down to meet new people and have a good (safe) time. If we meet up, you've got a round on me. I wonder if there will be an organized group meet up of folks from the forums?

bflynn1 said:

Ray J. T. said:

Absolutely! That would be awesome. It's just a friend and myself that will be there and we're always down to meet new people and have a good (safe) time. If we meet up, you've got a round on me. I wonder if there will be an organized group meet up of folks from the forums?

There has already been mention of a few pre-parties here on the forums. I believe SpeedyMcready is trying to organize a big event on Sunday since there is a break between both shows.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,615
    Beyonce & Jay Z will be there!

demetrios said:

Beyonce & Jay Z will be there!

:rofl:

Count on this guy too.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    And Chelios
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited June 2016
    the stars are going to come out for sure probably more so than in 2013 and expect some on star appearances from other musicians
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
    Cheap Trick, maybe Chris Cornell, possibly a Chicago former athlete and Randy Watson.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    X. they are playing Chicago on Friday night
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Johnny Woo Woo
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • Manny Ramirez and Kris Bryant. Both have hidden musical talents we aren't aware of.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985
    edited June 2016

And Chelios

Literally bumped right into Chelios yesterday while walking into the GnR show. He was running or something - all sweaty. I turned and said "hey, Chris, what's up with PJ closing out the Joe next year?". He just gave a little "what's up" head nod, smiled and kept walking. Not sure if he even realized what I said.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Ray J. T. said:

Count on this guy too.

credit to theo, he was rocking out with us commoners in the ga section of milwaukee 2014 for most if not all of the show.
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 133
    My sources are 100% sure it's Sleater Kinney for RITFW.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,841
    Guessing Kerry Wood or other Cubs player(s) around for "All the Way". Rodman might be lingering around somewhere.

I'm not convinced Wrigley is the last show, or want to think that they close out the tour with some special acts on a Monday night. Low expectations, hope for a good setlist (and good weather), and anything else will be that much better.

Cheap Trick, maybe Chris Cornell, possibly a Chicago former athlete and Randy Watson.

One can only hope we get Randy Watson. It better be with Sexual Chocolate though.
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247
    Wonder if a roof top party would work..Sunday would be epic if a party would include soundcheck or aomething...who knows

Wonder if a roof top party would work..Sunday would be epic if a party would include soundcheck or aomething...who knows

Somebody needs to find out what time they will be sound checking.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Bruce is coming to Chicago just a few days after, but will be in Jersey for the shows I think. So close...
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    JP218404 said:

They are playing Detroit the next night.

I've already got my tickets to see them at the metro on the 19th.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Hopefully nobody. Pearl Jam is who I paid to see. If there's a special guest, they should announce it before tickets go on sale.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,479
    Ray J. T. said:

bflynn1 said:

Ray J. T. said:

There has already been mention of a few pre-parties here on the forums. I believe SpeedyMcready is trying to organize a big event on Sunday since there is a break between both shows.
    We will certainly be having some type of outdoor picnic, foodfest, boozefest somewhere on Sunday.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

JP218404 said:

I've already got my tickets to see them at the metro on the 19th.
    Me too!

Call me a purist, but hopefully the stage at Wrigley will be inhabited by Pearl Jam
    and only Pearl Jam.

Nice shirt.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    No active Cubs players or management will be there. They have a 10 game road trip starting Friday 8/19.